FM Connection issue reports after July 2024 update (servers etc)

It’s a pretty unacceptable thing to lock out single player to having stable internet. Completely unnecessary.

1 Like

Hi @MightyPoo64 . Vote for this link.

My PC tends to get this after every update. What seems to work for me is to open the Xbox app and log out. Then launch the game and allow it to sign you back in.

Hey.

I can only speculate, but is it possible that the servers do not work geographically separately for each region, but rather one server access point for all players from all countries? If that is the case, then it is logical that if Japan enters the same session as England, Germany or South Africa, the many different ping levels can lead to the server being sluggish or the one that is furthest away from the server crashing and the game adapts to that.

Pretty much every one of my PC sessions now ends up with me being disconnected from the game servers. It not only disconnects me from Forza Motorsport, but my PC loses its connection to the internet nad has to be restarted to restore it, even though every other device in my house continues to have a fine connection. My PC is hard-wired and I believe this only started recently (e.g. latest patch), though I didn’t play much on the previous update so can’t comment for sure.

Also, my VRAM has started warning me that it’s being used up after the first race. I only play Career mode and this only started as of a day or two ago.

Together this makes FM almost unplayable which is majorly frustrating given it’s been out now for ages…

Did you end up finding a fix for this? I’m having the same issue on pc

Hi. No, not yet.

Yo Turn 10:
Your game does not work… When are you going to do something about it?

1 Like

Same Problem here.
Game wont start/login.
Sometimes a reboot (or 20 of them) helps. Some days its not possible even with reboots. FIX THIS MESS!!!

By the time the next update launches it will be nearly 4 months of facing this issue. Cherry on top is crashing at multiplayer race launch after tuning in practice. One day it does this, the next it doesnt, im afraid to tune or change tyres/fuel in a racing game…

For consistency sake and information to the devs.

It seems like my problem has been fixed. The login process gets priority or starts before the shader compiling and no longer bogs it down. Shader process is also much much quicker for me than before this patch (less than a minute, maybe even less than half a minute). I will report back if the problem returns, but so far it looks good.

Thank you for the followup @SjaakSoewarte

This topic is being closed to refresh monitoring data. If you are experiencing connection issues after August 12, 2024 then use the new topic to report and vote:

This topic reached 11 votes.