[FIXED] Game locks up after startup logo after April Update (Xbox One regular)

Hi everyone.

Forza Motorsport 7 April update install and open the game, background sound no problem…game screen not working black screen…

Please help!!

Console : xbox one x

gamertag: pvitorv

I do not speak English, I’m translating from Google translate.

I have the standard digital edition of Forza Motorsport 7 and after the April update, the game is freezing on the splash screen;

My Xbox is the FAT version.

So I still have this issue on Xbox and now have it on windows 10. Please note that the statements below are my opinion.

I work on a dev program. Release code to production every three weeks. If my releases had this many bugs and actual blocking code my whole team would be looking for new work.

This is not authentic mature development. This programs governance is miss aligned. It has to be that they are releasing code based on their contractual commitments [internal and external].

I hope the lead program dev sorts this and leads his feature teams back from the abyss.

I really loved playing all the forza titles.

That being stated went out last night and purchased a new platform for my game life.

OK,

Email sent to forzafb@microsoft.com

Gamertag: CrucialMarrow57

Gamertag = Psychotopia

I updated the game, but now it doesn’t work. Same symptoms as mentioned above by numerous other users

Game starts and displays the Turn 10 logo.
Next I see the loading circle in the bottom right of the black screen. The loading icon goes away but the black screen remains along with menu music playing in the background. The screen is black. The update broke the game.

As seen in other posts, many other users share this same problem. Emailing you my gamertag will most likely not help solve the problem any faster, as it is occurring with everyone here and not just localized to me. The problem is within the most recent update.
sad to say but until this is fixed, the game is essentially broken and unplayable.

Please help, I love Forza and have purchased every title to date, and truly hate not being able to play the latest due to this issue.

My specs are:
Console = (Xbox One Forza 6 edition, 1080p)
(game) = (Forza Motorsport 7 Ultimate Edition Digital)

Now something new, after the turn 10 start screen it says on screen, “Synching Forza 7 data…” for about 3 seconds (has a cancel box option too), then the screen goes black again.
Never saw that before.

I can hear cars and music in the background, but still can’t see anything or play the game. Pressing any button does nothing. Waited 5 min but no change, still black screen… Same thing if I try to run game after restarting console.

I am able to play game if I use a profile which never played forza 7 before… But I want to use my profile, which has my save data and all my purchased cars… :blush:

Going back to forza 6 I guess, until this is fixed… :clown_face:

Yeah, this is pretty sloppy development. For the record, it also starts for me as a guest, but I have no interest in starting the game over again. I’m relatively new to XBOX and I don’t recall that it gave me a choice to install the update. Is it possible to keep playing without updating a game on XBOX?

1 Like

I am having the same issue on pc

Having the same issue here, glad to see I’m not the only one though. Really annoying as I had only bought the game recently and for now it is completely unplayable. Hope that Turn10 can get this fixed quickly!

Own the standard edition as a digital download, playing on Xbox One X, gamertag is Maverick1507.

Third post on this topic.

This post is about deleting my profile and driving again,

First off deleted my local Xbox copy of my saved forza 7 data.

Relaunched game and when syncing from cloud canceled.

Game loads and I start all over.

I start all over and my love for the title is right back. Not happy about this outcome, but I am driving again.

Not really a peep from Turn 10 on this blunder, bug or even “Hey we working on a fix”.

That’s it. Back to using my free time and continuing my game life.

See you back here when they break the game again. Say in May.

1 Like

I have the same issue. I’ve already tried to uninstall and reinstall, no change. 'Hope we get this fixed up quick. To be fair, this is the first big issue I’ve experienced in 7 Forza titles, I have faith that Turn 10 will get this corrected.

1 Like

Same problem using the Xbox one elite with the solid state hard drive, wish I’d seen all this before I spent ages trying all the usual things re-installing etc. I’ve emailed so guessing I’ll just crack on until sorted. Not the best is it?

1 Like

Okay, this is just ridiculous at this point. After three days and countless hours of troubleshooting, I still can’t play FM7 and Turn 10 is showing zero signs of helping in any way. I’m done. Where do I go to request a refund?

4 Likes

I would also like to know how to get a refund on a digital copy. I emailed Forza yesterday morning about this issue and they haven’t replied and I’m not even sure if they know or care about this problem

2 Likes

its very sad that EXCLUSIVE title for XBOX and PC is in state like this. I am sorry but after spending 100 Euros for F7 this is just appalling. I know T10 team is working on it and they are only human beings, but one would expect that this would be fixed ASAP.

4 Likes

IMPORTANT info: At least they are aware of the issue and investigating.

A sticky topic posted by @SOY here: INVESTIGATING Stuck On Start Screen After Launching Game

A new Hope

1 Like

Thankyou CrucialMarrow57

I am having the same problems sound but no picture. i have sent 4 emails asking when it should be fixed but got no reply. just spoke to Xbox support and was told you will just have to wait for it to be fixed.

1 Like

I am having the same problems sound but no picture. i have sent 4 emails asking when it should be fixed but got no reply. just spoke to Xbox support and was told you will just have to wait for it to be fixed.

1 Like

[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D] Turn 10. Are you only asking for gamertags to gauge how quickly you need to fix your exclusive console selling title or what? I’ve submitted my tag and I’ve gotten the boilerplate response. Y’all are either ‘fixing’ this without any input from the community from whom which you’ve asked to submit information which means that

1. anyone who submits their tag and is not a major community member who has sway
  2. the rest of the masses that play the game but don’t care enough to complain but just blame an xbox ‘glitch’
  3. i don’t know what this category entails because 4 days after an update that renders a game entirely unplayable…?

what the holy hell? if you’re not going to look to the community who is desperately asking for help then the only things I can conclude are you don’t care or there aren’t enough complaints to justify calling the team in and pushing out a fix ASAP. Because a single official stickied post, 3 days AFTER the problem has been communicated shows a lack of respect for everyone that plays, or WANTS to play the game that many have been fans of since the very first Forza Motorsport.

3 Likes