FH5: Motor Vehicle additions, MOTORS, not EV

I agree.

2 Likes

I have created a football theme version…
AquaPainter168 Lionesses England Squad Extreme E

1 Like

Well, my statement was more of a prediction than an endorsement. E-Fuels may be environmentally better than electric motors, but it’s not what car manufacturing is currently moving towards. It might well end up being a short term solution, though, so perhaps I should have said ‘the near future’ of car manufacturing.

1 Like

Of course car manufacturers want EVs to win, because that means we all need to buy new cars.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s probably the only reason they’re investing in them at all.

1 Like

Quote #1. Right on the money

Quote #2. Follow the money. Car manufacturers don’t car about EV’s or greenhouse gas or climate change or any of that stuff. They care about the green and selling cars of any kind, make, or fuel. And the more technical they can swindle on us the more they can up the price.

2 Likes

E-fuel, the new buzz word for synthetic fuels.

But…

"People also ask

What is eFuel?

What are eFuels? eFuels are produced with electricity from renewable sources, water and CO2 and are a sustainable alternative to fossil fuels."

Directly quoted from Google.

I love how they green it up by specifically stating the e-fuels are made from “electricity from renewable sources”.

But either way you call it, e-fuel or synthetic fuel, it will save the classics, save auto racing, and save the ICE cars.

Oh, yeah, the EV is here to stay but it isn’t the car of the future or the replacement of the ICE car.

2 Likes

If it’ll save ICE cars, I’ll take your entire stock.

1 Like

I like how you quoted that straight from an industry trade group site. Surely the best place to find a nuanced take on them.

Im ok with a few evs but the simple fact is they are cars for people who aren’t in car culture what people want are fun exciting cars that give out a hell of a noise especially with that new sound design. Not to mention most of the electrics that come out are so similar take extreme e for example an ugly not great offroad car that had multiple of the same car as exclusives. What we need are more old an retro cars along side new racing and performance cars and if you have to put an ev in make it a rimac like supercar and have it take 1 slot in the update. Evs are generally boring and designed with little effort these new porsches are cool but are so annoying and boring to drive as all you here is reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee give me rumbling and thunder with a hint of flaming death.

Also saving ice i dont think so as 1 they are a gimmick to say were saving the earth despite the facts that were not and 2 europe already is trying to outlaw internal combustion.

If you think they are boring…use an other one.
If you miss the sound… you have a mouth and make bruuumm, bruuumm, brääähh. :rofl:

2 Likes

EV’s are lame no matter how you spin it – none of them are fun to drive in this game, as they’re not fun in real life either. There’s just nothing interesting about them, they’ve been around since the mid 1850’s – and they don’t sell despite what hype you’re hearing on dealership floors. The highest selling GM EV model was the Volt last year and it accounted for 38,XXX sales in the U.S of 2.86 million passenger cars – that’s 1%. Stop kidding yourself that this is a successful technology, if people are not even using them for free in a video game, how do you expect people to want to spend money on them?

The reward EV’s are nothing more than AH fodder for real cars.

There’s a few I genuinely enjoy, the Rimac is good fun.

But most of them are just depressing to drive. No sound, no gearshifts, no soul. Just an appliance in a game that should be fun.

The Nevera sells for 14-16 mill on the AH – just a heads up! :wink:

1 Like

I bought it in my last session for 20 mil, and I was very disappointed. Slower and heavier than the old one, “dRiFt mOdE” is garbage and is actually just “RWD spin out mode”, it’s just worse overall in my opinion.

But I like the Concept Two, and the ID.R from FH4 was alright. But the rest are boring and have no soul. As a car enthusiast, I want to hear the sound of an engine as I shift through the gears. I don’t want to slowly drive in an iPad on wheels with 1 gear and no engine.

@KnightOfRen8514 > I don’t want to slowly drive in an iPad on wheels with 1 gear and no engine.

Pretty much nobody outside of a Cali, NYC and New England does either, and in our market – it could not be any more visible.

Like I said before – if they can give them away for free in video games and people wont use them, how can they expect that to reflect on their market share?

1 Like

Sounds like someone who has never driven one. The instant torque and shear power can make them a whole lot of fun to drive. Vehicles don’t have to go BBBRRRR!!! to be fun.

You’ve said that multiple times, but it’s flat out untrue. The highest selling EV in the US last year was the Tesla Model Y, with around a quarter of a million units. Even if the numbers you gave were correct, that 1.3%.

3 Likes

@Scimmia22 I stand corrected on my figures - I stand by my opinion on them being bland, boring and “unfun” otherwise, and I blame LinkedIn for boasting that the Volt was the highest selling model lol

It’s a niche or rather a meme market out here where I am, performance shops buy them as “meme,” cars to do stupid things with them and purposely ruin them.

1 Like

In my opinion even 1 EV is 10 too many. lol

I don’t like them in 1:1 scale and despise them even more in video games. Now, where’s my Hemi?

3 Likes