FH4 Steam freeze

Hello

So I downloaded Forza Horizon 4 back from Steam after a few months, and the game just freezes after about 15 to 30 mins of playing online (I tried Horizon Solo before and played for an hour straight without any problem). I’ve tried a bunch of troubleshooting steps but none of them worked, updated my Windows to the latest version, do a complete reinstall of the game to an internal ssd (because I played on an external ssd and thought that might be the problem). Back then I used to play the game just fine so I don’t know what’s going on right now, if there’s anyone can help, I would be very appreciated.

Thank you

1 Like

Roll back your GPU drivers to version 522.25 (or earlier if issues persist) if you’re on Nvidia.

NVIDIA’s GeForce Game Ready Driver releasing today February 28, 2023 lists this issue as fixed:

Fixed Bugs

• [Steam version] Forza Horizon 4 may freeze after 15-30 minutes of gameplay [3866530]

Driver Version: 531.18 - WHQL

GeForce Game Ready Driver | 531.18 | Windows 11 | NVIDIA

Yeah, can confirm that the issue’s fixed in Horizon Solo at least; connecting to Horizon Life seems to trigger it again.

Today we released a game update to address Steam issues with NVIDIA drivers. Please report to the pinned thread with your experience after installing the update:

@trolldodo

1 Like