FH4 End of Life

Just so everyone knows, Forza Horizon 4 is currently on sale for about 60% off and the sale ends on its four-year anniversary. That means that it’ll be going off of the store that day due to the four-year licensing. So if you’re using Game Pass, better buy the game now.

It’s kind of weird that PGG haven’t announced anything concerning their most popular game being taken off the store.

1 Like

Didnt they say FH4 will be in store more than usual 4 years ?

1 Like

Honestly it’s felt like they abandoned it months ago so no surprise here that nothing has been announced.

“…better buy the game now.”

No. Given the state of it and total lack of interest in it by the devs, again for months now, I see no point in suggesting anyone buy it, even at 60% off, at this point. Now, IF there had been even the slightest hint of support in the last while MAYBE it would still have some play value going forward past EOL (official EOL, not this obvious neglectful EOL by default through disinterest).

If I haven’t deleted it before it leaves the store and Game Pass I will then, and all the paid DLC I bought. The only reason I haven’t already is a long and fast dwindling hope that maybe they’ll fix it. IF they do before the sale ends then I MIGHT see some value in buying it.

2 Likes

Hey everyone, no need to worry, we’re not planning on delisting Forza Horizon 4 anytime soon!

20 Likes

Cool! Any idea why?

1 Like

It’s curious that all previous games have been delisted with the explanation of licensing issues, but this one isn’t. I wonder what changed.

1 Like

All we can do is speculate, but my best guess would be, an extension of the licencing contract (only PGG could confirm this themselves).

1 Like

A bit off topic but,… I just for fun redownloaded fh4 after getting a bit tired of fh5. Are the servers currently down?, because I can’t get any online features to work. (Steam version).

Maybe they extended it during the uncertainty surrounding COVID when they were shut down?

1 Like

That’s an interesting possibility. Not sure though, legal being legal I can’t see them doing it just because of that.

1 Like

Nice. Then please fix the playlist bugs. I have completed so many seasons, and still no 100% achievment.

1 Like

It’s highly unlikely anything will be fixed/corrected etc, in FH4 at this point unfortunately.

Interesting, on Steam at least FH4 is fairly consistently more popular than FH5. Maybe that also plays into the decision since it looks like players aren’t moving to the newer game like what happened with previous titles.

I mean, FH4 has been consistently lower priced than FH5, even when it isn’t on sale

Likely longer licensing agreements or renewed licenses.

agree. no ranked adventures possible means no 80%s bonuses and no ‘Perfectionist’ achievement :frowning: hahah, oh well - still good times while they last …

I qualified for ranked ffa this series but the rivals didn’t count. Just had to be patient for a session.

1 Like

Ranked Adventures is still possible (it’s one of the first I complete (using Team racing usually)).
Agree on the rest though.

1 Like

Was surprised to get straight into a ranked team adventure session this week.Even more surprised when we finished and a forzathon was just about to start,must have been about 15 people doing it :open_mouth:

1 Like