Festival Playlist - Seasonal EventLab "District 17: Sewer Races" bugged checkpoints

This Bug is for the Series 30: Spring event: District 17: Sewer Races EventLab and prevents completion on certain Difficulties.

Issue: When starting the Event on higher Difficulties you spawn too far back on the grid and on “Lap: 0”. When crossing the start line you stay stuck on Lap 0 and none of the following checkpoints register. Pro and above seems to guarantee this bug occuring but it seems Average may be the minimum for issues to potentially occur.

Solution: Lower the Difficulty to Tourist

Lowering the Difficulty to where you start near the front means the event start functions correctly and you can begin Lap 1 and register checkpoints. Novice Difficulty may fix it too but some users report issues there as well.

This is potentially an issue that could be solved by the Event Creator (Subie156) as I’m unaware if it occurs normally when playing this EventLab outside of the playlist.

Ignoring something done by the creator though hopefully the checkpoints not triggering correctly could be looked at by the Dev Team and improved for the future.

Two Reddit Posts on r/ForzaHorizon regarding this issue:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ForzaHorizon/s/2QEpLEkYrE

https://www.reddit.com/r/ForzaHorizon/s/RbMdoeKCvU

Videos:

Setting Difficulty to Pro and getting stuck on Lap 0 without being able to collect checkpoints:

Setting Difficulty to Tourist and getting the Missed Checkpoint message and reset but still being able to progress onto Lap 1 and collect checkpoints:

Tl;dr: For anyone with this issue lower the Difficulty to Tourist and you can complete the event normally.

I’m having a different issue with this race. My lap count is fine, but once you’ve passed everyone and reached the first place it’ll instead tell you that you’re at 11th and remain so forever.

You can actually tell there’s a bug right from the start because whilst being placed at 10th position in Pro and Unbeatable difficulties, the system says you’re at 11th.

Solution: Lower the Difficulty to Tourist.

You will be told that you’ve missed a check point right after the race starts, but no big deal because you can catch up almost immediately.

3 Likes

Very fun map. Really enjoyed it, wish it wasn’t bugged.

3 Likes

Confirmed on Pro difficulty.

Changed to Tourist mode > I’m now getting a ‘Checkpoint missed’ message right after starting the race. Luckily Tourist is so easy I still win the race and get the rewards.

Please test the Event Labs better :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

In some cases bugs will not be fixed due to a variety of reasons such as the feature becoming obsolete, the feature is currently intended and working as expected, or a risk of creating larger issues when attempting to fix.

Thank you,

3 Likes