Festival Playlist events and rewards Aug. 29 - Sep. 5 (Winter S37)

did it work for the weekly?

Ugh…my stupid car was bottoming out on that wretched Hot Wheels speed trap again. It scrubbed off over 50 MPH through the bottom of the crater, then going into the drop I managed to get back to full speed, only to lose a few dozen MPH at the bottom right before the trap. Didn’t matter how I drove it, it was physically impossible. Then I remembered that the last time this happened, the consensus was that it might be a framerate issue…so I tried cranking my setting down to 36 FPS, and turned off v-sync for good measure, and hey would you look at that, now I was barely bottoming out before the trap and coming in just 1 or 2 MPH short. So these genius devs tied their physics rate to framerate. Terrific. It took a lot of rewinding, and I was about to give up with the Taycan WP, when I finally managed to squeak it out by a few tenths.

Devs, if you’re going to code your game engine so incompetently, at least do us the favor of not throwing these ridiculous Hot Wheels speed traps in the mix. Thanks.

2 Likes

I didn’t try it for that, didn’t think to for whatever reason

mind you even now I often think twice about whether doing [whatever] is going to bug an activity out

right - that was what I remember reading about the horizon 4 issues with the sinking 599XE tunes, though it was also possible to do an over-300 tune that didn’t sink

mind you, I had no problem at all with that one in the WP car, nothing under 294 on the few times I did it

1 Like

What really gets me is that my build is about a decade old, and yet the problem was apparently that my framerate was too high. How does that make sense?

1 Like

um . . . yes

but computers in general; they get faster, smaller more powerful, and so on, but the same old s**t always comes up - crashes, random inability to connect to a printer, stupid problems that result in meaningless dialogue boxes, and so on

2 Likes

Same thing happening here but I’m on an Xbox Series X.
Bottoms out right at the edge of the endzone every time losing at least 50 or more mph.
Can you alter the settings on that the same as with a PC?
If not then devs seriously need to take a long hard look at themselves for this to be the cause.
In fact it doesn’t matter if you can or can’t - they still need to get a full length mirror and reflect on what they’ve done here.

1 Like

for comparison I’m on xbox one x

I might be able to try a series s, my children have those

I’ve still got my One S but a Series S is probably similar to a Series X in that respect.
Could fire up the One S but it hasn’t been on in a long time so I doubt I could be bothered waiting for all the updates to load up. The Series X still takes forever on the monthly updates with the useless connection rate I have (about 65 - 70 Mbps)

is there something like a performance mode and a quality mode for graphics?

other than that (if it’s there) I don’t think much can be changed on an xbox

I was reading earlier that you can change things - it was more people asking about upgrading to 120 FPS but I presume you can use the same thing to downgrade it as well.

What I saw was…

To enable 4K gaming at 120 Hz, press the Xbox button  to open the guide, and then select Profile & system > Settings > General > TV & display options. Make sure that your Resolution is set to 4K UHD and your Refresh rate is set to 120 Hz.

Configure your console for FPS boost and auto HDR

Xbox Support
https://support.xbox.com › en-GB › help › display-sound
Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then select Profile & system > Settings > General > TV & display options. · Select Refresh rate > 120 Hz. NoteIf …

Hello @SpirantCrayon22 . Xbox series x|s consoles feature both quality and performance mode.
Quality: 30 fps
Performance: 60 fps

1 Like

First time I’ve experienced this sort of problem completing a challenge. It’s usually fairly simple so no idea if its frame rates or not. If it’s happened before because of that then I haven’t had it but we all know some things affect some but not others randomly.

I don’t get why a frame rate setting should affect the ability to complete a challenge. If it does then they should find out why and fix it.

1 Like

On another thing - more MS related - did anybody else lose a bunch of Microsoft Rewards yesterday ?
I don’t usually bother about them but I noticed that when I fired up the console it showed 5,750 which is where it should have been but after checking for game updates, console updates, I went back to Home Screen to see they’d dropped to 280. I tried a shut down, wait 10 mins and restart but it was still the same.
As I say, not that fussed but just another weird event this week.

1 Like

I have quite a few rewards points, not really paid attention to them going up or down

it’s auto-renew time, though, could it be that?

1 Like

No idea - I don’t really bother with them, just saw they were steadily climbing each day then they suddenly dropped yesterday. Didn’t even know there was an auto renew thing.
Could be that but… :man_shrugging:

you’d have turned it on at some point if it is an auto-renew (should check mine, actually)

oh, yeah, check your order history at Sign in to Microsoft Rewards

Yeah tried to check things on PC earlier but I forgot my sign in details so I just gave up. Not that bothered really, just weird.
I haven’t ordered anything on it for a very long time so if I have ordered anything, it wasn’t me.

TBH I’m more fussed about this whole HW Speed Trap issue as it’ll be the first time I haven’t got everything in the playlist for a long time over some sort of bug that keeps bottoming me out just before I hit the trap.

Maybe I need to turn on ABS as I normally run with it off completely. I usually use gearing on corners over brakes - just as I do in my daily driving IRL. Probably why my brakes discs and pads have lasted 6 years over their recommended life after a service check said I needed to change them with no MOT fails. :smiley:

1 Like

I have all assists on, probably worth a go - auto, abs, tcs, stm, normal steering, hot wheels stunt assist off (not sure what that does other than mess stuff up)