Festival Playlist events and rewards Aug. 29 - Sep. 5 (Winter S37)

how many clutches have you got through?!

Just the one… and that was after 8 years of life on the original. :smiley:
Now on 10 years of the original discs & pads so well worth it.
Might give the all on assists a go though.

I’m playing on Series X at 60fps and was having some problems with bottoming out right before the speed trap but stiffening the springs to max and of course max ride height sorted it out enough to get over the speed required.

Only got one of my own tunes running for this stupid <200K limit - the Porche 911 GT3 '04 so I might mess about with that.

Autoshow car, basic drag build, no tuning other than dropping the final drive all the way to minimum.

Only on here and with certain users could something so straightforward be turned into such a faff.

No one’s “turning anything into a faff.” Both SpirantCrayon and I used the same exact bone-stock car, and yet we saw vastly different results on the same speed trap. And it’s not the first time this has happened. There’s a clear underlying physics bug that manifests itself at certain spots on the Hot Wheels map. Of course I could have upgraded and tuned another car to get around it, but that doesn’t change the fact that it’s a bug.

1 Like

My solution to the HW PR stunt was to switch to off-road suspension probably with road tuning. I don’t know whether framerates were making a difference, but with race suspension the car kept bottoming out just ahead of the speed trap.

RE: HW Speed Trap - Geists tune on the Taycan did it for me first go.

this is the thing, we tried precisely the same thing, barring assists so that’s still worth a look, and the results were so different it’s just bizarre

1 Like

just travelling to hot wheels park now, I’ll concentrate right now on game settings

drivatar difficulty - highly skilled
driving assists preset - custom
braking - anti-lock on
steering - standard
traction control - on
stabiity control - on
shifting - automatic
driving line - full
damage & tyre wear - none
rewind - on
launch control - on
hot wheels stunt steering assist - off

also motion blur mentions frame-rates, mine’s set to “long” (in accessibility or video)

in the Taycan S WP, now off to the speed trap, starting point is the sort-of Y junction SW of the trap (right by a drift zone which I drive through)

294.60, nothing to indicate bottoming-out, just a slight loss of speed which I think is a function of loss of the gravitational assist

motion blur set to short - 294.84
motion blur off - 293.70
motion blur back to long

braking - anti-lock off
steering - simulation
traction control - off
stability control - off
shifting - manual

I’ll look at Xbox settings

changed 4k UHD to 1080p, 292.something

okay, beyond me at this point and I’ve not had enough tea yet

1 Like

For FH go into ‘settings’ - ‘video’ - ‘graphics’ ( saying this from memory, but you get the gist ) choice of ‘performance/quality’ I picked ‘quality’ and definitely better looks, as to how this may effect gameplay ‘?’ All above is ‘in-game’ settings, I’m on XBox X :+1:

1 Like

think that’s a Series thing, I’m using a One

No, the actual settings in the game, on Xbox all you can change is the 4K HD etc and the TV has to have the capabilities for that improvement :+1:

The settings in the game are different for Xbox One, Xbox Series, and PC. They’re even different between Series X and Series S. We have no idea what you’re referencing as ‘Xbox X’ can refer to two very different consoles.

Soz, Series X, I didn’t know the in-game settings varied for different consoles, my bad :face_with_diagonal_mouth: Thanks :+1:

2 Likes

regarding hot wheels speed trap: hot wheels has a hard speed limit of 300mph (without wind assistance), the downward approach to dragons fall will bring a lot of cars to 300mph, but as it bottoms out, your speed reverts to your gearing - and very quickly. in S1 let’s say these tunes reach 270mph, they means you’re going to slow down by 30mph as the track flattens out, it’s just a matter of how long the gearing is and how that decrease can be mitigated. suspension didn’t really matter in the end, I used all sorts of configurations, although it probably didn’t hurt to raise the front up

3 Likes

so if you get a Jesko or whatever setup for over 300 on the main map it’ll be stuck at 300 on HW?

the “maximum speed” in stats is capped at 300 but the speed trap record isn’t (same in H4; presumably speed zone also but not bothered to try that)

2 Likes

also regarding the slow-down, for me it’s much less than the 30mph you mention; Taycan S WP sees a number flickering between 298 and 299 then drops five-ish, that formula drift thing I tried was similar, very high speed actually through the trap