Feb. 23 hotfix & Formula Mazda Spec Series

February 23, 2024 Release Notes - Hotfix 5.1

This hotfix is available to download after 10am PT on February 23rd (about 1 GB). Quit your game and restart your device to ensure you have the latest fixes. If you have any issues after installing this update, use FM Report New Issues to upvote or create a topic with your details.

The updated game version is *.549.5382.0

New Content, Features and Events

Featured Multiplayer

• You spoke, we listened. Thanks to your feedback, we’re bringing back the fan favorite Formula Mazda Spec Series as a permanent addition to the Featured Multiplayer event rotation. (Suggestions Hub)

Bug Fixes and Improvements

Stability

• Fixed a crash scenario when entering a multi-class race in Free Play. [1539013]
  • Fixed various crash scenarios that occurred when creating, selecting, applying or deleting UGC content such as photos, tunes, liveries or vinyls. [1692859]

PC

• Fixed an issue that caused framerates to stutter and lock to values below 60fps in Featured Multiplayer if the display’s refresh rate did not evenly divide into 60fps, e.g. 100hz and 165hz monitors. [1719353]

Livery Editor

• Fixed an issue where several Forza titles were missing from the Design and Vinyl Import menu. Livery importing is supported for the following titles when playing Forza Motorsport on Xbox Series X|S consoles and PC via the Microsoft Store: Forza Horizon 5, Forza Horizon 4, Forza Horizon 3, Forza Horizon 2, Forza Motorsport 7, Forza Motorsport 6 and Forza Motorsport 5. Players on Steam can import liveries from the Steam versions of Forza Horizon 5 and Forza Horizon 4. [1719363]
8 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

Just did a race were I beat the avitar. I beat the avitar and exited – the time was not recorded. I raced again and beat the avitar twice in a row – time not recorded. When I exited, it said that I had a new time. But when I go to race results – it’s not there. And my avitar opponet is not replaced with the next one.

Was my time no good because I may have left the track at one piont? It’s Nuremburg for pete’s sake. It’s a 13 mile course. But still at the end of the race – it stated that I had a new time – 8:33 – up from 8:44. But only 8:44 is only posted in the leader board – and my rival is still at the 8:44 time.

Is there a issue? Does the server have to get the new data – and my new time will be posted TOMORROW?

I’m not a racecar driver. I am a Rugby Player – so this is really messing with me.

This is great news. I was having major FPS and stuttering issues when online but offline play smooth as butter.

When I last played on Wednesday I noticed the game would crash at the end of Multiplayer race with out fail. Or If you were in Free play lobby go back to event menu it would crash. Hopefully this was included.

2 Likes

@Lightning5556 Forza’s leaderboards rank the following:
Fastest clean laps > slowest clean laps > fastest dirty laps > slowest dirty laps

A dirty lap is identified by the /!\ icon, for impacts, rewind, and going off track. It’s a challenge for a track like Nordschleife but it’ll take a clean lap to beat another clean lap rival.

If this is a bug where your lap is not being recorded, please post it in the FM Report New Issues section of the Troubleshooting Hub.

4 Likes

So frustrating – invisible rules and all.

They really need to have a pop-up that says what-is-what for instances like this.

Where are the Forza default sponsor vynil groups the new patch remved all of that… no wonder my vunils were gone … on my car … Dude your removing features, instead of adding them to the paint protocol portion of this game.

Are y’all losing sponsorships!? Or what …

The only way I can think of you removing the sponsored default decals is because you no longer hold licenses to these manufacturers… Like you did with Toyota for Forza 5 and 6

What the actual hell…
Andy Chen get it together with your staff at turn10. I’ve been to your offices… We’ve seen the power of your dev system we’ve seen all of your tools,

Man what are the ideas and who’s making decisions to this? Ive Been a major Forza player for a long time now… Since alpha stage of Forza 1.

Forza 5 was a flop but this is stagnantly not acceptable as a finished and licenced game this game is still under quality assurance and there is no assurance in this quality whatsoever.

C’mon man…

Bring Dan greenwalt back… Jesus Christ.

3 Likes

Sweet! I’m glad to see hoxfixes are becoming a thing.The patching process on the user end seems pretty good,it seems to download and update the game very quickly.Hoxfixes should come as often as possible imo… keep the fixes coming Turn10,thanks.

1 Like

Formula Mazda, nice.

MX-5 Cup next please :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

So, anyone want to set a custom refresh rate on their monitor and check how well they patched the framerate bug?

I really try to stay in the game, but the long races are missing and there are some inconsistencies in the weather, apparently it is predetermined and not random. I have proof of the default climate⬇️

Some of my cars started to look familiar with the import design working again.

Something I noticed, the imports from FH4 are 100% accurate but some FH5 imported designs have different Gloss/Matt material.

It just got rolled back to pre update 5 state.

1 Like

Did you check if your time had a triangle with an exclamation mark in it to the side of it?

Thanks. So they likely reverted the last patch for this feature. In my opinion that’s quite unprofessional and only should happen in hobby projects after a few drinks.

The question of if they are testing things properly becomes relevant again. How hard is it to get a few monitors with different refresh rates and connect them to a PC?

1 Like

I mean u can just use CRU to set custom refresh race on your monitor :rofl:
For me they can just unlock fps in multiplayer lol it does not affect gameplay that much, compared to horizon.

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Photo Gallery still crashing after 5.1 (was 1692859)

Thought it was the Mx-5 cup at first when i saw “Mazda” in the title…

I was triggered succesfully

1 Like

I’m seeing better resolution with the Medium render target, and I’m getting 140fps on single player, from time to time. What ever Turn 10 did with this hotfix is much appreciated.

1 Like