Fanatec CSL, (Club Sport Light) line of products.

Not surprised that Fanatec’s latest wheel base and pedal set have not been discussed over here.

On August 26th, Fanatec unveiled the CSL Pedals and wheel base, a somewhat lower market entry. The wheel base is listed at $300 USD, and the full set of CSL Elite pedals are listed at $200 USD. The wheel base will support all of the detachable Club Sport wheel rims but, to achieve Xbox One compatibility; the purchase of either the Universal Hub ($300 or $400 with a wheel rim) or the CSL-P1 wheel rim ($140 USD) will be necessary.

Here’s a link to the website for more information…
https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/wheel-bases/csl-elite-wheel-base-usa.html

And Inside Sim-Racing took a look at it…

But an almost scathing first look and review came from Matt Malone of Grip.TV.
First look/use live stream…

Review…

For myself, It’s about time this has been released. I am interested in the base and I don’t mind the wheel rim, because; I already know it’s an entry level product. I’ll pass on the pedals. I already have a set of pedals to tide me over until I get a real upgrade. As for if this is a real necessity… No. It’s going to be a short while until I get the base and rim. I’m still in the process of getting all the parts I need to build my PC, so the wheel can wait. And I have the CSR to serve as the meantime wheel, once my rig is finished.

An interesting comparison of the Fanatec CSW-V2 vs. CSL wheel base vs. the Thrustmaster TS-PC. The final verdict was a surprise to me.

Nice to see the CSL hanging in there.

I read a ton of comparisons of the CSL vs TX and eventually went with the TX. It ended up being considerably cheaper, and I’m happy with my purchase.

1 Like

Oops. I didn’t paste the link when I wrote my latest post. I intended to share the shootout that ISR did, between the Fanatec CSW V2, The Thrustmaster TS-PC and the Fanatec CSL. All 3 with formula styled wheel rims and just focusing on the wheel bases performance. Sorry.

Here’s the link to the Inside Sim Racing comparison I was referring to…

Surprisingly close to me.

The CSL-DD… I got one. I like it a lot, but I know Fanatec isn’t everyone’s favorite prerephreal manufacturer. The good news is, there are options out there. If you are on PC, you don’t have to stick with Fanatec if you want a good entry point to direct drive.

Had Moza’s R9 been around when I ordered the CSL-DD, I’d have the R9. But the Fanatec is still not a slouch…

Provided you win the sim-gear lottery and get a unit that doesn’t have you doing the RMA dance. Knocking on wood, I believe I did, but we shall see how this plays out.

After years. Fanantec finally said something about the QR2 outside of their blog…

“Watch this space early next week.”

Fanatec’s tease of the QR2Lite…

Now my weekend just got 2 days longer. Thanks Fanatec!!!

On Black Friday I ordered a Type C base side QR2 stem and a QR2 Lite for my WRC steering wheel. Over the weekend it finally arrived at my home. After installing it and trying it out, I am surprised at how good the QR2 felt over my old metal QR1. When using it on a P1 style of steering wheel (WRC, BMW, P1 V2, etc.) the QR2L seems to be an ideal choice. The steering wheel is much lighter thanks to the QR2 Lite’s weight savings, and the connection to the wheelbase is far firmer than even my modified QR1 it replaced. There’s no slop or play whatsoever. If you are on the fence with a QR2 Lite and you are looking to put it on a CSL grade wheel, it’s a solid choice. You will not be disappointed.