Expansion 2: Rally Adventure reveal Feb. 23

Nah bro, nah nah nah bro naaaahh bro, They got a totally new engine built from the ground up. completely new. Definitely wont have the exact same bugs and issues that all the other games have like the AI. All thats definitely totally gonna not be there, promise bro.

1 Like

Yeah, all new bugs! But the basics will be cut and paste. Wait and see.

Iā€™ve watched a few of their update videos for Motorsport. Chris Esaki has stated the physics will be redone and the tire model specifically has been completely rebuilt from the ground up. Visuals arenā€™t as important to me if the game is trying to be more sim like (which it seems like that is the route T10 is taking). That being said, the tracks were always a cut and paste, unless there was a major update to the track IRL. The fictional tracks blew chunks anyways.

Iā€™m not holding my breath. Iā€™ll wait for the forum reviews.

We should get more info on the 25th of this month. I need to see a gameplay trailer, minimum. I would love to be on the list for a review copy, but my channel isnā€™t big enoughā€¦lol.

Iā€™ll just play it on Game Pass. They have a pretty good track record for the actual driving to be alright, but for me the ever worsening aspects have been the career mode and the very UI itself. Looking forward to racing in the shiny new Maple Valley, though.

They say: physics and tires rebuilt. According to who? Those within the walls of Forza? I know what my idea of physics and tires would be different from previous forza games. Much to get into.

With FM8 or whatever it will be called, will they think outside of the box?

Will the physics and tires really be outside of the box? Rain tires that wonā€™t work on dry? Racing tires that wonā€™t work on wet? Real pits for tires?

Will they give us time trials instead of those set starts based on difficulty?

Will they give us realistic tuning instead of standard forza garbage tuning panels.

Will they give painters more tools to work with? More primitive vinyls, more fades, more flames, more, more, more?

Will they think outside of the forza box or will they cut and paste? And thatā€™s what I mean by cut and paste.

3 Likes

Oh, and what about the AI? Will it be upgraded alongside the physics and tires? Or will it be cut and paste from days gone by?

2 Likes

Chris Esaki - Project lead. I said his nameā€¦lol. As far as the tires (technically for both FM and FH) They were only using a single point of reference when it came to heat in the tires, tire pressure, contact to the road and grip (1 data point per tire). They said in one of the updates that they have updated it to multiple points of information per tire (how many Iā€™m unsure). That is far more sim like in itā€™s data gathering, too much camber can overheat the inside of the tire, like it should be. I would assume tuning would have to be updated as well to match the data being run through and pulled from the physics.

Outside of that, AI hasnā€™t been mentioned and they have been keeping other information ā€œclose to the vestā€. Thatā€™s why I want a gameplay trailer, so I can see if there are other things being updated/changed. Qualifying, pit stops, tuning, not being able to break the physics like in previous motorsport games, etc.

Like I said, Iā€™ll wait for the forum reviews from the burned users who thought they were getting something different.

Collecting multiple data points for tire contact is one thing. But if they donā€™t change tire friction coefficients for tire types, eg; rain, dry, slicks, treaded, and just give us the standard forza tire selection panel then theyā€™ve just done cut and paste.

I sure hope they have done more out of the (forza) box thinking.

No need to get sour at me, Iā€™m just a messengerā€¦lol. Iā€™ve passed along all I know, we all make our own decisions.

1 Like

Not sour at you! Sorry if I sounded that way. Just have no hope in the new Motorsport being more than an extension of Forza 7 with a new motor.

1 Like

Fast Nā€™ Furious X trailer is apparently due February 10th, according to several Twitter posters. Seems awfully close to a certain gameā€™s second expansion release date.

Wouldnā€™t mind this if they combined it with that rumoured ā€œAvalanche cityā€ map expansion.

Canā€™t come soon enoughā€¦.need more rivals.

3 Likes
1 Like

FXF. Hmmm. Charlize drivatar.
Our own Anakala Ron has side gig so forgive him, it slides into posts.

1 Like

3 Likes

Avalanche City was just a fan-made creation dating back to a few months after launch, so I wouldnā€™t bet any money on this in particular.

Forza Horizon has always been at its best if all you do is cruise around. For that, the game is still very good, although not without its issues. If you want anything else from it, though, itā€™s pretty meh. The car collecting aspect is miserable, the rewards are bad, the economy is inflated by people who hoard cars and resell them at hefty premiums.

1 Like

Its a bit ironic that you call the car collecting miserable and then call the economy inflated because people collect cars.
The car collecting is bad because the economy is nonexistent. Wheelspins nullifies any value individual cars have, among other things. Iā€™m surprised they havent monetized the spins yet. Iā€™ve been saying they should get rid of them since they were introduced but thats not likely to happen. then theyā€™d actually have to balance rewards and race payouts.

No mention of FH5 DLC in the overview to Developer Direct:-

Xbox and Bethesda will present a Developer_Direct on Wednesday, January 25, providing fans with an inside look at some of the games coming to Xbox, PC and Game Pass over the next few months.

Presented by the game creators themselves from studios including Arkane Austin, Mojang Studios, Turn 10 Studios, and ZeniMax Online Studios, the Developer_Direct will focus on big features, extended gameplay showcases, and the latest info for Xbox games launching in the next few months, including The Elder Scrolls Online, Forza Motorsport, Minecraft Legends, and Redfall.

To dedicate the proper amount of time for a deep dive into Bethesda Game Studiosā€™ Starfield, a standalone show is in the works.

Fans should tune in on Xbox channels (Twitch, YouTube) and Bethesda channels (Twitch, YouTube) at 12pm PT/3pm ET, January 25 to see all the latest on:

• The Elder Scrolls Online: Studio Director Matt Firor will unveil 2023ā€™s major Chapter update, including the latest regions of Tamriel to become playable in ESO, as well as a major new feature coming in the gameā€™s biggest update this year. The Developer_Direct will be immediately followed by the full, standalone ESO Chapter Reveal Event, hosted by Zenimax Online Studios, which will provide all the in-depth details ESO players will be keen to know.
  • Forza Motorsport: The team at Turn 10 Studios have been hard at work, bringing fans the next generation of Forza Motorsport, built from the ground up to take advantage of Xbox Series X|S. Forza Motorsport is back, and we canā€™t wait to share more gameplay and exciting new details.
  • Minecraft Legends: Mojang Studios will showcase an insiderā€™s look into the PvP multiplayer experience in Minecraft Legends ā€“ the upcoming action-strategy game from the makers of Minecraft. Developed in partnership with Blackbird Interactive and launching this spring, donā€™t miss exclusive gameplay footage at the Developer_Direct.
  • Redfall: The minds behind Dishonored and Prey, Arkane Austin, will showcase several minutes of gameplay from their upcoming FPS. The Developer_Direct will reveal single and multiplayer gameplay, showing more of how you and your friends will take down bloodthirsty Vampires on the picturesque island of Redfall, Massachusetts. Fans can expect to learn more about combat, customization, bosses, the open world, and more.