[endurance]Improve multiclass AI - AI of faster car needs better overtake mechanic

Was doing 4 hours of SPA endurance race in Fee Play with Cadillac LMDh and Forza GT.
LMDh car can take even 1.5 laps to finally overtake Forza GT car.

I think there are two features missing here:

1. simulate blue flag (faster car behind) so the slower car takes “secondary race line”
  2. make AI of faster car to take “overtake” racing line.

So I think these 2 points could be kinda enough to make singleplayer endurance races better. But you have to think about how to implement these - I think both of these at same time wont work, but maybe 1. point would be for corner entry. And then 2. point would more matter for corner exit?

Or maybe just the 1st point, (still only in corner entry) as even in WEC, slower car cant always just move away, it is doing a race as well - would be bad if it jumps to secondary racing line as soon as sees faster car incoming. And I think not applying this to corner exits/straights gives a balance to all it? IDK, what do you guys think?

Something has to be done, as currently after 12-15 laps, when faster cars about to lap slower class, multiclass race falls completely apart.

Wouldn’t be that hard to implement, one of the cars would just have to stay left and the other right and as soon as they are past each other they both get into racing line again. This could also be implemented as interaction with the player, because as of now the cars that I’m lapping sometimes try to defend their position, which makes no sense. Especially in multi class this is needed.

2 Likes