[video] AI unable to overtake slower class car

Sorry for audio - used built in Windows screen recorder

Video: Proto-H car unable to overtake Forza GT car:
https://youtu.be/wDg6vmMGZws

Here is the free play setup:

I already made a suggestion to improve this: [endurance]Improve multiclass AI - AI of faster car needs better overtake mechanic

But actually maybe this is more like bug? Anyway this makes multiclass freeplay unplayable

2 Likes

Forgot to mention - this was on 8th - maximum difficulty and EXPERT rules

1 Like

The question is can they overtake any car? Or they can only do that if the AI in front is accidently going off the track? Or if there is human interaction or something?

I think i haven’t seen any of them ever overtake any other AI. Well not in the way a normal racedriver would do it.

2 Likes

Wait, I think you are right. The overtakes I witnessed was because of errors that happened on track. Then later they pushed the Forza GT car away, rather than actually overtaking it.

1 Like

Check out that AI causing a massive crash. :smiley:
There is always some accident or something if they overtake each other.

3 Likes

:smiley: That is hilarious :smiley: …and also sad :frowning:

1 Like

You just have to get close to the AI and they go off the track voluntarily. I seen this many times already, but never like that. Well the first turn on Laguna Seca short is very tight and there is a close wall, it’s special. I think it’s the most dangerous spot for AI.

Its not a bug the ai are just not fit for purpose. I actually use their disability to create some challenges for myself. I pick forza gt, the other classes are p1, p2 and proto-h, i basically just try and place 1st overall and more times than not i do. Fir some reason on daytona with this set up the proto-h’s basically wreck themselves the entire race.