Drag Racing Car Customization Suggestions

I know the likelihood of this post having any effect on the game is slim to none, but a closed mouth doesn’t get fed, so I’ll make my case here anyways.

Its time the drag racing community gets some well-deserved love from the developers.

In my opinion, drag racing is one of the most under-represented communities in the Forza franchise. It has always felt like an afterthought. As it is my favorite niche of car culture IRL, here are some suggestions I have in regards to drag racing to appease fans like myself, and to add a lot of flair to the game:

First and foremost, let us have smaller wheels. Smaller than stock sized wheels allow for a larger sidewall profile tire to be mounted on powered wheels. IRL, this allows the tire to “flex” when under heavy load, which aids the car in “hooking” (traction) either from a roll or off the line. Ideal sizes for this application are 15", 17", and 18". Seeing as we can already have bigger wheels, why not go the opposite direction?

With that being said, it would often be necessary to modify the cars brakes to fit a smaller diameter wheel. Seeing as upgraded brakes is already an option in the game, all that would be needed would be an additional option for “Lightweight Drag Racing Brakes”. This would be a physically smaller model, that would reduce weight overall, but have similar braking performance to “sport” brakes.

Now that that’s out of the way, let us change the sidewall profile of our tires. We can already select our tire section width, (i.e. 305, 315, 335, etc.) so let us make the tires bigger in diameter overall. This mechanic would work exactly the same as the tire width mechanic, but should also allow you to go smaller in height as well.

Also, let us choose narrower tires, so that we can run “skinnies” in the front on RWD cars. We should be able to go all the way down to about a 6" wide tire, which is about a 150-155 section width.

Cool, now that we have those features sorted, its time to add new wheels to the game. Specifically, ones from drag racing oriented companies, such as Weld Racing, Forgestar, Forgeline, Belak Industries, CCW Wheels, Billet Specialties, and Race Star Industries. There should be different options for wheels too, such as skinny “frontrunners” and wider deep-dish wheels, as well as beadlock and non-beadlock options.

That makes a perfect segue into the next feature, the option to have two different sets of wheels on the same car. Now this one I KNOW is a super common ask from the playerbase, and has been for some time. Its simple, let us choose different wheels for the front and back. (Press X to select individual wheels, or press A to modify all.)

Allow players to select wheel width independently from tire width. This means narrower and wider. This could also appease stance boiz so that they can have stretched tires! This would also allow for “skinny” front wheels on RWD cars. Typical widths for this application are 4.5 to 6 inches.

Okay I’m done ranting about wheels and tires, so lets move on to suspension, please, let us get looooooow… This one’s gonna make the drift gods and stance boiz happy too. Regardless of the car, players should be able to have the frame rails sitting on the ground. I know that clipping issues can arise from this, but that’s the beauty of video games, that stuff doesn’t matter! Not to mention, there are already cars in the game that have wheel-through-fender clipping issues, like the widebody C8 intro car. Put plainly, let us set ride height to MUCH lower levels than is currently possible. This would also be a perfect opportunity to add airbag suspension…

With big tires, comes big power… Frankly, the current max horsepower on some cars is pathetic, especially considering that HP in this game is essentially measured from the flywheel (BHP). Some of the drag / roll racing cars out there nowadays make insane levels of power, like the Calvo Motorsports Vipers, Underground Racing and SheepeyRace Lamborghinis that we just saw race at TX2K22. IMO, players should be able to go all the way up to about 3,500 horsepower. Yeah, you read that right. And this should be for pretty much all cars. Cars above 2,000 HP could go in a new class, like “X1”, and “X2”, or “R”.

Now that we’re schmoovin, how are we going to slow down? Why, with a parachute of course! A drag parachute is commonplace among cars that run 8.5 seconds or faster in the quarter mile. Now, I get that we’re running out of buttons on the remote, so I’ll compromise, this one can be just for looks, because why not! Again, the cosmetic feature should be available on almost all cars.

I will end it there, seeing as this post is long enough as it is. I know I probably just did all of this work for nothing, but I can dream. I’ve been wanting to see this stuff in game since Forza Horizon 3. Anyway, if you made it this far, thanks for reading, and please like and share this and let me know what you think! Cheers.

Great post and really good detail. I hope they do something with the Drag Racing. We have no games that would be considered even decent for the drag racing community. Forza could really shine if they just added some of this and some drag racing lights for us.

11 Likes

Almost all of these suggestions look very realistic and it would make the game so much better. Im impressed how there features would work seamlessly if they ever put it on fh5 (or a next game).

8 Likes

The parachute is a tad too much ti ask for the rest i fully stand with this post we need higher hp and smaller tires

5 Likes

I agree! Would be really cool to give more attention to drag racing. We got the 2018 Chevrolet Hot Wheels COPO Camaro in the Hot Wheels DLC which has various Drag parts and can pop a wheelie, but that’s the only car. Imagine if we could install those parts on muscle cars and pop wheelies with those. Best. Game. Ever.

5 Likes

Bardzo dobry pomysł z tym Drag Racingiem🏁

2 Likes

Yes believe it or not cars can have more than 1200 hp lol please listen to this person

2 Likes

Ok I totally agree with this, but…
I believe 3500 hp is overkill. They should be able to go over 1850 horsepower on more cars, sure, but 3500hp? Really? Also, they should have number modifications to add wheelie bars to the cars so the FE Beetle isn’t the only car with wheelie bars.

4 Likes

A rework of the drag racing system is needed. we need a 3,2,1, go or drag tree something.
some track prep near the festival site drag site would be nice too.
Thanks

3 Likes

Also options for straight front axle conversions, wheel well headers and raised ride height suspension options for certain cars (mostly in the Rods and Customs class). Because gassers rule.

149d8a0a2e10064c934fcc10ab0ac1e8

1-1639418881326

1 Like

Yes 100% agree This would make customisation for Drag cars a lot more enjoyable.

2 Likes

Haha it might be a tad overkill but that’s the beauty of video games! The Underground Racing Lamborghini Huracan STO that won the TX2K22 roll racing nationals made about 3,500 wheel horsepower, and there were several other GT-Rs, Vipers, and Lamborghinis at that event that were making 3,000+ to the tires. It would be fun! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I agree!

1 Like

Love me a gasser!

1 Like

As a fellow drag racer this post pretty much summed up everything. You not only included what we want, but why and how they should go about doing things. The drag racing community in Forza is actually pretty big, there’s easily 3 LFG posts at a time for roll racing/ digs however we don’t get the love and attention that we deserve.

The Forza team has already taken initiative into drag racing before as drag rims have been in the game for a really long time and they added 2x drag strips in FH4 along with the Copo Camaro very recently which has a parachute. We aren’t asking for much. at the minimum we would love to have smaller rims, more/ better drag wheels with beadlock and non-beadlock options, along with being able to change our tire “wall” size.

1 Like

I agree!

1 Like

I would also love to see more attention given to drag racing. Especially a collab with either Calvo Motorsports, Nth moto, or Underground Racing.

6 Likes

Love to see more drag stuff I do drags so often and the drag community would love to see more opportunities and more fun and relaxing mods not those stickers for hood exit or drag shoots

3 Likes

this is what players want for the Drag Scene

9 Likes

You forgot to mention “boost by gear” option this option would help allot for cars that have traction assue and have more adjustments on launch control like how the traction control manages the launch and what rpm you want to launch form carbon fiber parts to light weight the cars and more importlly (tune the car) like why the f**k i do need to upgrade the supercharger/turbocharger to get 800hp in for example m5 f90 while in IRL down pipe+intakes+tune you will get 800hp why we can’t do this? And why i can’t choose the revlimit of the car? Not everyone wants to drive an 9000rpm in a m5(well at least me) And another thing in upgrading cars,not everyone want to hear that noisey sequential gear box whine why not swap the gear box form manual to dct or the opposite?
Like swapping the gearbox from 6mt to 7dsg in mk7.5 R?
Another point:
3500hp wouldn’t be great because here in fh games you can modify your car bretty easily you can get full upgrade your car like nothing everyone will make 3500hp if they changed the way you make more hp maybe this would be good,first->they need to set the engine limit (how much boost+torque the engine can go+the gearbox too). second–> (they need to change the way you tune the car and make it like the way i mentioned up there :point_up_2: so not everyone can go this much hp because he don’t know how to tune the car probably). Third–> the more you go up in hp/class the more car parts goes more expensive and lot more things so 3500hp don’t look easy so If they does these things, 1000 horsepower in a Golf or an RS3 will not become a regular thing. This is how you will be able to customize your car and break records such as the highest horsepower on a Golf in fh5.
Im not that good in explaining and English but i hope guys understanded me😂

2 Likes