Dodge Charger 2024-current (Gen 8)

Click VOTE above to indicate your interest in this model for Forza Horizon.
Reply below to provide details about the cars you’re requesting.

Click the tags on this topic to find and vote on other similar models.

Dodge Charger (Eighth Generation)

This topic is for the production models of the Eighth Generation Charger, for voting on the Daytona SRT concept from 2022 click here.

The ICE version of this model is known as the Dodge Charger Sixpack.

POLLS

Note - voting on polls does not substitute for voting on the topic. Make sure to VOTE above the first post to have your interest in this model counted.

Which body style do you prefer?

• 2dr Sedan
  • 4dr Sedan
0 voters

Which versions do you prefer?

• EV R/T (496hp)
  • EV Scat Pack (670hp)
  • 3.0L Inline-6 S.O. (420hp)
  • 3.0L Inline-6 H.O. (550hp)
0 voters

Dodge Charger 2025(2/4 Doors , Hurricane I6 low and high output 420-550hp ,EV670hp)

1 Like

There is no Wikipedia article to the production version yet but I’m glad that this thing can have more than 4 Cylinders unlike many other brand new performance cars in this type of vehicle and the fact that this isn’t a crossover is a good thing too

1 Like

I also find it crazy that this American car uses an inline 6 rather than a V6 reminds me of early Chargers

1 Like

I’m also surprised that they’re leading with the EV instead of the I6 models.

I know there’s a push to seem all Green Energy and economical but for a Dodge Charger I’d definitely have expected the ICE model to debut first to try soften the pushback from the V8 fans.

I’m interested to see where it eventually goes though, I believe Dodge has clarified that it won’t get a V8 in the future but someone is going to put one in at some point and maybe they’ll reconsider.

My only worry is that it’s awd only and won’t have a manual option I wonder if this could change if the demand is there

1 Like

Yea that’s also a bit of an odd one.

It makes sense to share parts with their other models and the Hurricane is already used a good amount in their other models but I did expect a variant of the Pentastar V6 in a base model considering the 7th Gen had one.

I guess the Hurricane can just be pushed more than the Pentastar while still remaining more economical.

This wasn’t the first time they killed the Hemi I believe the Magnum V8s killed the Hemi too until it came back in the 2000s till 2023

1 Like

I don’t think so unfortunately.

I do think it’s going to come with a “Drift Mode” or something like Hyundai has put into the Ioniq 5 N to make it more RWD biased.

They might do a RWD economy version for the EVs as they haven’t got good range but Dodge said they aren’t too concerned about that.

According to rumours they’re planning an EV “Banshee” after they release the ICE models which is going to have “gears” like the aforementioned Ioniq 5 and the Porsche Taycan/Audi E-tron GT have.

I think a full manual is out of the picture though as the world moves towards Automatics in general just for ease of use and liveability.

The Charger 2 door seems to be replacing the Challenger which had a manual option even on Hemis

Other than that its a good car

6 Likes

At least there is one with an engine. Some things have to end sadly.

1 Like

3.0L Inline-6

7 Likes

It would be cool if the car comes with the option to swap it to EV/I6 using the factory powertrain options

1 Like

5 Likes

I know. It’s not a V8 anymore so I guess most people will never ask for it.

R.I.P HEMI, you will be missed and we’ll never forget you, forever.

1 Like

Whatever gets added; it should have all other engine options as swaps available. That way we can build everything!

1 Like

I heard EVs don’t have engine swaps in-game tho.

For that, if the new 2025 Charger will be added, I will go for the 550HP 3.0 Hurricane I6. That way, it should also have 6.4 HEMI & 6.2 SC HEMI engine swaps available.

1 Like

I’m impressed by that inline 6 sure it isn’t a v8 but very close to one

1 Like