DLC - Unexpected access to DLC not owned - 3160748

Click on the VOTE button in the upper left of the screen to help us monitor the number of users affected by this specific issue. Be sure you have read the Getting Started With Troubleshooting posts.

ISSUE

• DLC - Some players are erroneously gaining access to DLC, such as car pass cars, VIP, or the treasure map.

STATUS

• Identified & Investigating

Recently I opened my game in the Xbox Gamepass version in Cloud Gaming.

I received all the cars from the Welcome Pass, and I received some Forza Editions like Oreo and Challenger, explain to me, how I received these cars if I didn’t spend with any pass and didn’t use any codes

I just want to make it clear that I didn’t use any cheats or anything like that, and I’m afraid That this could harm my game (with some ban or whatever)

GT: KaikRoK

Known issue that dlc cars become available.

Should sort itself I believe. May need a restart or two.

2 Likes

I played again, the cars are still in my garage but I can’t play with them

I don’t even think it’s a problem that I don’t have access to these cars (Since I didn’t redeem codes or buy car packages) but it’s the fear of taking some kind of Ban for a Bug in the game system itself

1 Like

So yesterday i had one of the rarest things ever, i got the USA only cars like the Ford GT OPI, The pagani Oreo & the Ford 32 for free (I live in Mexico), therefore i saw that i had the VIP badge wich i do not own and had access to the VIP cars, i got a crash and i had to restart the game, but now everything is normal, but the cars still are there, im trying to seek help from the Forza support because they where gifts form them, but i don´t have one that tells me if im able to drive them or not, thanks for the help…

@KaikRoK @thetitanofgold I’ve moved your reports here. This is a Known Issue under investigation but it will help our reporting if you upvote this topic so we can see how widespread it is.

2 Likes

It’s been some time since we’ve identified this bug but the team is still investigating and seeing a possible correlation with the user’s gaming platform. If you experience unexpected access to DLC cars that you did not purchase or redeem, please list the models and the platform/device you were using to play the game (including switching between cloud and other platform). Any detailed reproduction steps you can provide will be helpful for the team’s investigation.

I haven’t suffered from the Bug myself but this is a pretty popular thing on Reddit.

The main common thread that I’ve identified is that if you play on Xbox or on the MS Store and then you go and logon to your account and access the game via Cloud Gaming then it is basically a guarantee this Bug will occur when you next login on your Xbox or PC.

Something with the connection between accessing an existing account on Cloud Gaming seems to be one of the big causes for this.

I have seen some other instances where users did not access Cloud Gaming but the vast majority do.

I’ve already asked several users on Reddit to comment on here to describe their situation but 90% of them don’t bother.

Would you like me to Post the Links to any Reddit Post where I’ve seen this occuring for you to reference? @T10ManteoMax

I know Alien normally handles the Reddit stuff but last I heard he’s on holiday so I’m not sure if he’s passed anything on to you.

I had this problem once.

• Check on which account you’re logged in.

• Try restarting the game via Settings > video settings > Change quality > save > restart

You may want to restart twice to get the desired quality setting back but usually this solves most issues with the game. Hope it helps.

I think you’ve responded to the wrong post unless I’m just really confused

1 Like

No. For some reason I have 2 Xbox accounts. I bought the game on one and some DLC on the other (messed it up when I bought them). With FH4 I once had some issues like this where DLC was not available. Checking and switching to the right account solved this.

For FH5 restarting via video settings often helps fixing issues with the game

1 Like

Oh that’s super weird then, out of all the things to fix it it’s the video options lol

That’s because the game will restart itself instead of quitting the game via the Xbox home screen. I forgot to mention that. Afaik it’s the only way to properly restart the game.

@LuculentPigeon8 What you are describing might be normal Xbox account system behavior.

If you are generally playing on your “home console” (must be setup so in your Xbox account) or - if you are NOT playing on your “home console” - but you login into Xbox with your account which owns the DLCs and afterwards change the account into the other account (staying logged into Xbox with the “owner” account as well) then in both cases if you start FH5 you should have access to all DLCs either one of your accounts owns.

As mentioned the aforementioned behavior is correct Xbox DLC account behavior and applies to full digitally owned games as well.

@T10ManteoMax Is that one of the confusions (set asight from the “cloud” issue)?

1 Like

Yes, that was the problem I had! I since fixed it and now all DLC is working fine and is free in the Autoshow.