Crash - Crashing often on rewards screen (1581306)

Every time this game has crashed, it had happened on a rewards screen. It has happened in both rivals and the career mode. My monitor seems to change modes right as this happens. Both the desktop and game resolution are identical.

Using a 7800xt with the .2 drivers.

See the pinned message about crashing issues and submit a ticket at Forza Support:

1 Like

I had issues with that in Horizon. But it were complete system crashes. It turned out that there was a lot of load on GPU and CPU at the same time, which was a bit too much for my underspect powersupply. Not exactly your problem I know. But it might also be cause by the load at that moment. So you could try to dial down the graphics settings and see if it runs better/ satable. Start with really low settigns and go up.

Now it also happened to me a few times. Mostly with the 190e ,…

Small addition:
The cars that were involved in the game crashing appear with weird headlights in the my car overview:

P.s. I’m also on an AMD card.

Happens to me as well.

Consistent crashes on rewards screen, must be a problem with AMD GPU compatibility… im running a 7900 XTX myself.
Every time it happens it completely crashes my graphics driver.

I’m running the latest AMD driver 23.9.3.

3 Likes

Hey, I constantly had a crash when starting the weekly challenge thing. So I went to the settings played with them until it worked. Might not work for you but try to set “RT quality” to off. P.S. I’m also on a 7900 xtx.

1 Like

Every time I finish a race and it transitions to the Race rewards screen, my game freezes and crashes. Then I get an error message about an AMD driver crash. Anyone else experiencing something similar?

2 Likes

See the pinned message and submit a ticket at Forza Support:

same thing here - i have managed to finish the 3 tutorial races - every time i get to the rewards screen, display driver crashes …

5800x / msi x570 carbon wifi / 32gb crucial 3600 c16/ 7900 xtx
game loaded to a gen3 nvme - OS and fh5 on a gen4 nvme

1 Like

Same issue here, crash on the rewards screen on all 4 races so far.
R5 5600x / 7800XT / 32 Gb / B550 / nvme drive
RT set to OFF didn’t change anything.

I also tried setting my graphics on lowest, nothing has changed.

Even checking PC event logs in event viewer shows the AMD driver crashed, error code 0xc0000005

I’m also getting the rewards screen crash, 5800x3d & 7800xt. I have yet to try it, but I saw a comment on Reddit claiming that turning off moving backgrounds under the accessibility options stopped it from occuring. I’ll be trying it tonight when I’m home from work.

Tried to report crash via ticket…
First response was default stuff todo on PC (checked xbox!)
Last response today was turn off console and stuff like that.

No idea why the redirect to support ticket. It’s not on my end but i have to deal with the stuff to keep ticket open or whatever…

Seems to be an issue with 2160p, lowering it even once to 3200x1800 seemed to have fixed it for now.

I very much hope this will be fixed soon.

Edit: Made it slightly less frequent but still happens.

Update!! Turning off moving backgrounds actually fixes this crash, for me anyway. I’ve done 2 rivals sessions and a race without issue. Obviously it’s not a great fix because it ruins the main menu visuals.

1 Like

I was having the same problem here. Basically the AMD driver (23.9.3) crashing out of forza at the credit screen (after pretty much every race). Changing RT or changing the moving background settings didn’t solve the crashing for me.
Remembering my first couple of races, where the game didn’t crash at the credit screen, I changed “Performance target” from 60fps (V-synced) or unlimited (V-synced) to Auto, which I had used at the beginning.
This afternoon I have finished a couple of races in a row, two sessions, 0 crashes at the credit screen. Retesting 60/unlimited had me crashing again after the race @ the reward screen. Switching Performance target back to “Auto” and the game didn’t crash.

Dunno if I am just lucky, but I wanted to post just in case this helps somebody out.

(Specs: AMD 5800X3D, 7900 XTX, 32GB DDR4, samsung NVME)

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing, so far this is working for me. :+1:

I’ve had the same issue for the last 2 days. Everytime the reward screen came up, it just crashed and went back to the desktop with and AMD error. I also have a AMD 7900xtx. I tried everything on this post. Google some other things that didn’t work. I kept thing, it can be anything to do with the graphic card or firmware because the game runs perfectly. I had idea. I was using a ps5 controller on my pc. I decided to unplug the usb cable before it got to the reward screen. It didnt crash. I ended up downloading DS4Windows. That way, it emulates a xbox controller. Well, it’s not crash at all after about 5 races. See if that work. It has for me.

Solved the crashing for me too.

Thanks for the insight!

That worked for me, thanks.
Hopefully either T10 or AMD fixes that soon though.