Considering buying a wheel... is a Logitech G29 a valid choice for Forza 7 on PC?

I don’t know much about steering wheels, and I’m not a particularly hardcore racing fan so I don’t need anything massively sophisticated. My main priority, apart from a basically decent wheel, is compatibility with PC and Playstation 4/3. From what I read the G29 has PC compatibility but only unofficially, unlike the G920 which is officially PC compatible but presumably not usable on Playstation. So, can anyone confirm that the G29 works okay with Forza 7? Or is there possibly a better option that I’m not aware of? There’s a deal going at a local shop where you can get a G29 with a copy of Project Cars 2 for a relatively good price, so that’s a bonus.

Any advice gratefully received :slight_smile:

I can’t confirm but I do believe a G29 works on PC but please someone confirm. However, if not, look into buying a DriveHub. It’s made by the creators of CronusMax and it allows me to use my G920 on my PS4 without any compromises. It was $80 but well worth it.

The G29 is pretty much the G920, and both are dressed up G27 wheels. As others have stated, they are all compatible with PC but console compatibility is where things get specific. The Logitech G series wheels are identical in performance, with the G29 having a little more menu control options over both the G920 and the G27. I don’t think the extra buttons and the rotary selector is worth another $399 MSRP, so getting a Drive Hub is probably the best option. having a little experience with Drive Hub, I can safely say that you will not see any difference in performance between the Xbox and the PlayStation consoles. So I agree with Krylon Blue on this.

The G29 is officially supported on PC.