Cars - Nissan Silvia Spec-R 2000 (S15) - Inaccurate car model (1728191)

This issue has persisted since the first Forza Motorsport on the original Xbox. The 3D model of this car has never been modified to amend the vast inaccuracies. Some pictures come from previous Forza games, but a quick side-by-side look showed me they are identically inaccurate. On top of body shape inaccuracies, the trim does not match the model year. Production year 2000 Silvia Spec-R featured additional side skirts, as well as lights in the front bumper, and the Forza model lacks those features.

S15 forza vs real life

ezgif.com-gif-maker (12)

1 Like

A new scan of the vehicle would be great.
Where the inaccuracies were hard to notice on old systems (on which it was first released), they’re really obvious now with the current systems. This car doesn’t match the quality of the current cars being added to the game.
This goes for a lot of cars that were recycled.

6 Likes

Question, will you be making a Forza Motorsport (2023) Discussion topic in which you have a list with links to each of these topics?

3 Likes

I was thinking of that, and now I will do it.

4 Likes

Thank you, this makes it easier to keep track of them and discuss about the general problem!

3 Likes

These are one of the cars that we’ve been criticizing the most for so long. It needs a proper re-capture/laser-scan from the ground up so we can truly fall in love with it!

4 Likes

There’s this one hilarious bug I discovered back in FH5 where they added back the Rocket Bunny kits from FH4, which is the removed Hood glitch. Btw, this is already fixed a long time ago.

It allegedly showed a 2D textured engine bay, which is obnoxiously weird, regarding how the S15 Silvia’s model in Forza is extremely unrealistic. This is one of the most criticized car models in Forza history, as Turn 10 didn’t manage to remodel/rescan the whole car as they mainly focused on new content rather than redoing everything from “the ground up”.

And as we all know, in GT7, Polyphony Digital fully rescanned the entire car from scratch, as they perfectly nailed the entire model for the true quality of the PS5.

5 Likes

If Polyphony Digital did it, then why won’t Pixel Mafia? They’re excellent at scanning cars into Forza, don’t get me wrong, but having them ignoring terrible models like this is really a disgrace. Surely they should take notice of this and get to work!

3 Likes

I’m sure Pixel Mafia will replace outdated car models with fresh new ones since they mentioned saying that they’ll help Forza into car modeling. They should definitely start helping out already!

It’s 2024 and we are all sick and tired of old content being reused. How can reused old assets be a generational leap? Simple answer to that is No. The whole game needs to be fixed so it would fully act as a generational leap.

4 Likes

Tell that to Turn 10, brother!

4 Likes

I think the model they and Pixel Mafia should scan is the 2002 Spec-R Aero, like Polyphony did. That seems to be the most accurate.

2 Likes

This here is the most accurate model of the S15, the Spec-R Aero. It’s a 2002 model though, but it’s still a great example of what PM should search for.

4 Likes

Is pixel mafia onboard though? Are they in Turn10 doing the scan?

They hired them since early 2023, so surely yes.

If so, then they should seriously update car models and release through the patches.

2 Likes

At this point in time, we can only hope for the best.

They aren’t, they don’t do a thing related to scanning, they do Enviroment Art and Materials, nothing related to scanning

wait what??

Go on their website

@MatateusanR5 you seein’ this? Lol