Cars needed to complete collection

Hoping you folks can help me out with this, having carefully checked my ingame garage against the various lists around, it seems I only need a handful of cars to have a complete collection.

Where can I obtain these outside of the auction house, if possible, and is it still possible to buy the pre order cars from the auction house?

In addition, have there been any Forza Edition cars added post launch?

Hoping a handful of these are hidden in a skill tree somewhere.

2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Preorder Car (Pre-order Edition bonus DLC from Best Buy)
2018 Ford Focus Preorder Car (DLC)
1991 GMC Syclone
1996 HSV GTSR
2018 McLaren 720S Coupe Preorder Car
2013 McLaren P1 ‘Owen’s Edition’
1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator
2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (Pre-Order Edition bonus DLC from Amazon U.S.)
1993 Porsche 928 GTS
1990 Porsche 911 Reimagined by Singer
2008 Renault Megane R26.R
1974 Toyota Celica GT
2009 Vauxhall Corsa VXR
1973 Ford Capri RS3100 Forza Edition
2008 Lamborghini Reventon Forza Edition

1 Like

I don’t recognize any as being from skill trees but don’t quote me on that :wink:

Pretty sure at least one (the Porsche 911 by Singer) was a seasonal prize but can’t recall when, and it may repeat when said season re-run rolls around again. Probably a few more in your list too.

And you might already know the “Owen’s Special” is supposed to be a one-off exclusive for Owen (google the story) although there were copies floating around at one point (with a Free Perma-Ban ! :wink: ) so you probably want to steer clear of trying to get that one :slight_smile:

Good luck and good hunting on the rest. Rumor has it some of the Pre-Orders do pop up in the auction house occasionally but I’ve had no luck.

1 Like

For the Capri FE you can get it by becoming a super star. I have seen these in the auction house but they were probably from modded accounts.

Some of the others it’s just a matter of waiting for them to come up in the playlist. I don’t have the Owens as no one is allowed this car except the one player it was done for. Then 4 preorder cars as I didn’t start Horizon 4 until a year or so after launch.

2 Likes

these can be acquired by playing the game
1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator - tier 24 ‘The Eliminator’ influence
1973 Ford Capri RS3100 FE - Star Card (unsure if this is possible at present)
2008 Lamborghini ReventĂłn FE - Lambo Miura skill tree
2008 Renault MĂ©gane R26.R - tier 10 ‘The Eliminator’ influence
2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS PO - tier 20 ‘The Eliminator’ influence

the following have appeared in the playlist in the last year or two
1990 Porsche 911 Reimagined by Singer - DLS
1991 GMC Syclone
1993 Porsche 928 GTS
1996 HSV GTSR
2009 Vauxhall Corsa VXR

I have not seen these in that time
1974 Toyota Celica GT
2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 PO
2017 Ford Focus RS PO
2018 McLaren 720S Coupé PO

this cannot be obtained
2013 McLaren P1 ‘Owen’s Edition’

3 Likes

You’re an absolute star, really appreciate the breakdown of them!

Reventon FE and MĂ©gane are now in the garage, really not too keen on this Eliminator mode.

I don’t suppose you know roughly the months that the playlist cars came about? Curious if the current series are just carbon copies of the ones that came before, and roughly when I should expect them to come around.

The only ones I miss are the PO Aston Martin, McLaren, Camaro and Focus. Never seen them in the AH. I bought the other cars including the Capri FE in the AH. Seen about 5 of them in 1,5 years.

I believe the current series are just copies of older series, yes, that started a few series ago - try users shad3 and topgeardantgd on Reddit for the history of prizes, I’ve not looked into that

nine cars haven’t appeared since I started playing 16 months ago

I’ve not seen the Napier-Railton, 1974 Toyota Celica, Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE 1985 or Jaguar I-Pace; these are the only cars that could still appear as rewards

the other five are Owen’s P1 (which no-one should have) and four preorder cars that I do not think are going to appear (DB11, Camaro ZL1, Focus RS and 720S CoupĂ©).

IIRC, there was one PO car as a seasonal prize. Can’t remember which one, though. They blocked them from being sold in the auction house, so you’re probably out of luck on them

2 Likes

Yes, that was the Ford Focus, even though the body kit is incomplete.
One was given away from watching a live stream (I think it was on Mixer before it got nuked).
I think two others ended up in the shop, one over a Christmas break.
I’ve managed to get each of them, something I certainly never expected to get.
Now though
? You’ve got zero percent chance of getting the PO cars. Obvs if you end up with Owens car, you get a ban.

There are still Super7’s that allow you to drive it somehow

It’s because Super7 lets you select whichever car everyone has to use when doing it, regardless of which car it happens to be :wink:

But how can they pick Owen’s car?

They can’t get the car, but if whoever has it, puts it into a Super7, they can drive and photograph it.

Chances of any of us getting the car === same odds of Freddie Mercury being able to come back alive and sing for us (d[a]mn I miss him).

1 Like

Just to clarify, when creating a Super7, you can select a specific car everyone must use for it, doesn’t matter which car it it, as long as the person that is creating it, has that car in their collection.

/edit

Hope that makes sense, I’m sleep deprived here lol.

FYI to everyone, there are two rare cars in the playlist this month that don’t appear in the Backstage listing. The Peugeot 205 Rallye is the prize for completing this week’s seasonal Playground Games, and the Porsche RSR Emory is the prize for hitting 80% over the entire month. They were two of the few that I still didn’t have myself.

Weirdly I’ve seen a few players driving that car even though they shouldn’t be.
Never reported it but not sure how they get away with having it.