Cars - 2023 BMW M2 - All aftermarket wheels have incorrect weight values - 3912664

When applying any aftermarket wheels on the new BMW M2, they can at best decrease the weight of the car by only 1kg, and the heaviest wheels don’t change it at all. Considering this change would break many tunes players have created, I expect it to be thrown next to the 190E Evo 2’s stock wing with 7kg of downforce, that is “Won’t fix/by design”.

This was originally a Seperate Topic but this issue with the Wheels also extends to just changing their Size as well.

Increasing their Size leads to a reduction in vehicle weight which is completely opposite of what happens on other vehicles and what should happen.

This appears to be completely independent of the similar issue with changing the Rims themselves but it may have a same root. I’ve decided to make this a seperate Report as a result but I’ll leave it up to Staff if they want it merged (it was).

In these images I’ve just left the Stock Rims on to make it more clear and replicable.

As far as I’m aware this applies to every platform but I’m on Xbox One with Build Version 2.614.70.0

Please note that although my Car has changed colour in between some of these images (due to me forgetting to take the original Rim Sizes) the Tune is exactly the same.

In both images I left the Sizes for Front and Rear Stock and then moved the cursor over the next size to show the affect. None of the Front Images have been done with the Rear Upsized and none of the Rear Images with the Front Upsized.

Front Rims

Stock Size: 19 Inches

Increasing the Size to 20 Inches and the Game showing a Positive Loss of 0kg of Weight + adding 1 PI

Increasing the Size to 21 Inches and the Game showing a Positive Loss of 1kg of Weight + adding 1 PI

Rear Rims

Stock Size: 20 Inches

Increasing the Size to 21 Inches and the Game showing a Positive Loss of 0kg of Weight + adding 1 PI

1 Like

Here is a Visual Representation of what OP is Describing.

The Vehicle was equipped with the Stock Rims at this point in time

1 - Adding “Asanti AF 118” Rims from the Specialized Rim Style Category

Rim Class: 5 - Heaviest
Net Change: 0KG

2 - Adding “American Racing VN510 Draft” Rims from the Specialized Rim Style Category

Rim Class: 4 - Heavier
Net Change: +0KG

3 - Adding “American Racing VF302” Rims from the Specialized Rim Style Category

Rim Class: 3 - Medium
Net Change: +0KG

4 - Adding “American Racing VF104” Rims from the Sport Rim Style Category

Rim Class: 2 - Lighter
Net Change: -1KG

5 - Adding “Speedline Corse 859” Rims from the Sport Rim Style Category

Rim Class: 1 - Lightest
Net Change: -1KG

This shows 1 Rim from each of the 5 Weight Categories outlined by T10 ManteoMax in his FH5 Spreadsheet - Link

3 Likes

In some cases bugs will not be fixed due to a variety of reasons. The developers have noted this issue as a high risk fix.

1 Like