Bounty Hunter events - Alan Hartman

If T10 could communicate the ending date of these events it would be even better =/…

1 Like

I wish that best time of person who we are challenging, would be listed in description of event, or highlighted somehow in leaderboard. Thanks

2 Likes

You can add his GT as a friend and then look at the friends leaderboard. You can then easily race his ghost or at least know what time you are aiming for.

1 Like

All you need do is add The man who ran as a Friend, and when you want to check his latest time, look at your Friends section of the Leaderboard for the current time.

(Sorry - was typing when you were posting. Now the answer is in stereo.)

2 Likes

Any pointers for using a controller at Daytona? I know it is usually faster, but I struggle on the oval, keeping it straight and not accidentally scrubbing speed, or worse, occasionally tagging the wall and dirtying my lap. I’m sure most of it is just my lack of coordination, but if anyone had some good tips on how they hold the stick I would appreciate it.

Good luck all in the challenge!

The last corners of the lap? Stay low and ignore the ideal line. Staying close to the white line on the inside (don’t go over it!) is just as fast, but without the change of hitting the wall.
Maybe if you’re really good, the ideal line is indeed faster, but I have found that staying on the inside is actually slightly faster.

1 Like
1 Like

Was not expecting that at all!

Complete side note, I wonder if this event would have been more interesting if you had to add your times together, get a cumulative time lower than Alan’s. Would’ve been hard to regulate though, I suppose…

1 Like

I really like that idea. It’s got that Olympic spirit vibe to it. Could’ve been interesting for people who may not fair well on one track to possibly make it up on the other track / car combo.

Well I’m pretty sure this was originally meant to be that new 3 lap deal they came up with before their test one blew up in flames.

Looks like they just scrambled for something new and this was the most fail proof solution…

Wow, the '58 MGA is one of the rewards!!! That’s something I wasn’t expecting at all! Thankfully we (I) don’t have to beat the bounty to get it, LOL!

Yeah that’s AWESOME! Good to see it back in the series. Maybe this speaks to more “hidden” cars in the game being released as future Rivals prizes.

2 Likes

Long as they’re not locked behind the time! :wink:

Thank you T10 for using the FE cars for the grand prize.

1 Like

I just hope I can at least beat his Daytona time, as I want that Cobra!!

1 Like

Go on! You can do it!

I’ve already beaten his initial time by a second, hopefully I have more in me.

When going through the list of vehicles that can be rented in FM7, the 1958 MG MGA is nowhere to be found and it also isn’t in the list of cars that are available in FM7 so the car may be included in the next update for FM7. The manufacturer MG isn’t listed anywhere in the game as well. It is nice to see that an MG vehicle is making it’s way to FM7.

1 Like

The Porsche GT3 as the participation reward should make a lot of people happy!

2 Likes

Yawn, another one flying lap bounty hunter wake me up when i get my “awesome” prizes

1 Like

The way Brian and Alan are talking in the livestream, the event will be open through the end of the month and the cars gifted in March, which would suggest the MG gets added on March 6 with the content update along with the regular monthly pack.

Here’s a pic of Alan’s real MG:
https://twitter.com/Turn10_BigBoss/status/903687950927409152

2 Likes