Bounty Hunter events - Alan Hartman

Two Bounty Hunter events have went live in Forza Motorsport 7. The bounty is Turn 10’s Alan Hartman whose gamertag is The man who ran. The first event:

Bounty Hunter Event 1: Valentine’s With a Hart(man):

Track: Daytona 24 Hour
Car to use: 2017 Ford GT

Alan’s final time: 1:48.077

Previous best times:

1. 1:53.635
  2. 1:51.868
  3. 1:50.101
  4. 1:49.565
  5. 1:48.927
  6. 1:48.587

Participation car: 2016 Porsche GT3 RS
Winner car: 1993 Ford SVT Cobra R Forza Edition

The second event:

Bounty Hunter Event 2: The Pacemaker With Alan Hartman:

Track: Le Mans Classic
Car to use: 1966 Ford #2 GT40 Mk II Le Mans

Alan’s final time: 4:02.635

Previous best times:

1. 4:08.807
  2. 4:06.498
  3. 4:05.876
  4. 4.03.536

Participation car: 1958 MG MGA
Winner car: 1993 Jaguar XJ220 Forza Edition

Both events offer a car for participation in the event as well as a car for beating Alan’s final time for a total of 4 cars up for grabs. For both events, the car players drive are rentals. Feel free to share your tips and advice for setting a fast lap for both events as well as your times for both events.

The reward cars for participation and for a winning time for both events have been announced as per this link: https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_2_16_18

According to https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_3_2_18, these events will close on March 7 at midnight Pacific and Alan will finalize his times this weekend so players will have some time to beat his final lap times.

Edit: The times that are in bold are the fastest times Alan has achieved for each event. He’ll no longer run laps in either event given that his deadline for setting his final laps was the night of March 4 Pacific time.

Update: As of typing this, Turn 10 has taken down both of these events as they are no longer listed in-game. Give them some time for them to go through the leaderboards to determine which cars each participant will receive and to send the gift messages out.

15 Likes

nice!

Nice car/track combinations.

However, double the exclusive cars means double the complaining I’m afraid…

2 Likes

That Le Mans is gonna be brutal. 4 mins down the drain if you dirty your lap.

1 Like

well i suck at forza but done it on the outlap so there is hope for everyone :sweat_smile:

His Gamertag is gold. :joy:

Yep it is but what is he running from Have my laps in for now just to get on the board now have to wait and see what His times will be

Thought it was the ford gtlm around daytona, imsa style. dang… still fun

::shrug:: Two more participation awards… if I can find the time. Monster Hunter World is taking most of that at the nonce.

Well I put in some laps to start, but until he puts in some laps I don’t know if I’m going to be happy or raging this month.

I added him as a friend when it was announced he’d be the bounty, so have been seeing his times on leaderboards since then. It’s hard to tell as you never know how much effort someone has put in to any particular car/track combo, but I’ve got the impression he’s in between John and Phil, but closer to John than Phil. But I may have that completely wrong!

Based off achievements it doesn’t look like Alan has played a lot of FM7 on is primary account (no telling if he played a lot on dummy accounts/pre-FM7 launch builds). I’d venture that he isn’t as quick as other bounties.

Tried it yesterday when they become live. Both challenges were enjoyable but the ford gt at le mans were a blast. loved that combo!

1 Like

Great combination of cars and tracks. I’m going to enjoy this.

Ford GT40 is gonna be difficult. If any of you have raced Old Mulsanne in a vintage car before, you should know there’s that small corner after the second chicane is supposed to be where the tarmac is very bumpy and you can be thrown off the road very easily. I did it in a 250 LM which is slower than the GT40.

It’s never enough to remind everyone that the runoffs on each side of the straight are NOT part of the track.

The Daytona event is probably gonna be difficult because of Alan being able to perform better there.

Ford GT at Daytona drives terribly. So much understeer. Even SIM steering doesn’t totally fix it. I don’t remember this car being that bad in FM6. Still pulled out a decent run. May try again for 44s since that’s my all time favorite track.

Glad I’m not the only one that feels this way. I have no prior experience with this car, other than FM6 intro race, but I have loads of track time on Daytona. It is also one of my favorite tracks. My biggest gripe with the Ford GT is consistency. I lay down a good lap and do what I think is basically the same thing more or less during the next lap and find myself off the track. It seems almost a better option to slightly overshoot the bigger sweeping corners and then square the car and launch it out from the inside of the turn.

I’ve done both with no real change in lap time. It’s turn 1 and the chicane at the end that really determines if the lap is good.

I remember running some event in FM6 and this car drove ok. I definitely don’t remember the front lift that happens and corner off understeer.

I had one instance where the car wanted to do a wheelie on exit of turn 1.

I was experiencing some under steer as well, but some throttle in mid corner was helping it out a bit. I ran 9 laps and ended up with a 1:44.81. Not really happy with it…so i’m definitely going to have to go back and run faster.

His time on Daytona is.1:53:635,on Mulsane its,4:08:807.