Bounty Hunter events - Alan Hartman

Just made both Events,

Well Alan´s Times are not Challenging at the Moment, Beated both on my second Lap within 5-6 seconds, Looks like he only made the Standing startlap.

Anyway, I don´t think I will try again because Rental Cars are not my Cup of Tea, it´s horrible how the Standard GT40 Lifts his front-inner Tyre when accelerating out of a Corner, or even at Higher Speeds.
Feels like he wants do perform a Wheelie… Very Challenging also in the right-kink near the End of Mulsanne-Straight, nearly a Take-off!! …not Interesting when I cannot even adjust my Suspension.

Why not Using Owned Cars within Homologation restrictions?

To ensure everyone is on the same playing field. It’s highly probable the upcoming esport season will do the same. On the esport side it has shown so far who needs tunes to go fast and who are just fast. The oddity is some who do good but not great in leaderboards where tuning is allowed rise towards the top when it’s stock cars. The shocking part is seeing some who are always near the top being a good bit off pace. It’s pretty interesting seeing how skill is such a tough thing to judge beyond the top 30 in the world.

1 Like

Ahem… then we all should Play “Outrun” (SEGA, 1986) with the Stock Testarossa :wink:

I mean this make the whole thing very Arcadic
Such an Event should be a Pic of the Player as a Racer at all. Racing is not only how to drive, Racing is the whole Package of Driving, Upgrade and Tuning your car with your own Setup (bought Setups should not be allowed for such an Event).
That shows how competitive (borrowed this word from my Countryman Niki Lauda ;-)) you are at all.

In my point of view that´s the whole Playfield you mentioned. Learning driving, learn how your car responds, learn how to adjust your Setup to go quicker and why.
You say it would be unfair to those who are not good in Tuning, I´d say it is unfair to those who are not the fastest Drivers but maybe they know their Car better.

And after all again, this is not an Arcade Game,

The game is full of different events.

Not everyone likes to Drift… not everyone likes the Autocross implementation… not everyone likes the “bowling”.

There are plenty of Rivals events where Upgrading and Tuning are allowed.

You not liking the style of one particular event does not make it a bad event (or bad game), nor does it make it “Arcade”.

Personally, I prefer the Spec challenges. I see them more as a test of the player’s ability to adapt, rather than it being “not a whole Package”.

To each his own - nobody is required to enter this event.

3 Likes

Sad thing is, people are going to feel like they are required to enter because of the whole locked cars debacle.

And that will probably (or most likely) turn this thread into an argument about locked cars.

But in my opinion, yes, nobody is forced to enter.

Never heard of that game. Then again I was a newborn at that time. Lol.

A rivals contest isn’t a race unless you’re implying it’s a race against time. A race to me is against at least 1 person but I can roll with a race being against time itself. My first trial was with no ghosts and was in essence a simulated time trial. If I choose to use a ghost then would that make it arcade?

Whether you run a stock car, a car with upgrades, or a car with upgrades and a tune it’s all simulating a time trial assuming no ghosts. Examples of each happen all the time at all tracks that allow such activities. There’s nothing arcade about it.

Racing has absolutely nothing to do with upgrading or tuning. Racing is simply something vs something with the end goal of being first either through a win or lowest time. Tuning and upgrading are more advanced activities when it comes the automobile form or racing that assist in achieving the goal.

At any rate, the best racer to me would be the person who wins in an actual race against others. The best time trial person is the person who sets the lowest time no matter the rule set.

Personally I don’t care if tuning is allowed as I’ll be top 100 - 300 no matter the rule set assuming I try with maximum effort.

The best racers will be determined in the Forza Racing championship. Granted, time trials will likely be used as a qualifying measure.

2 Likes

As someone whose health is in a really bad way, I’m not expecting to get anything out of these events. I’ll set a time for the sake of the “taking part” car, but whether I not I can put in any competitive times later on remains to be seen.

I don’t expect much from Daytona, not a fan of the track. Le Mans is a tough one though, I actually do like the track, but as has been said. One mistake and there’s way too much time to get around to the next lap. I actually wish these rivals events only used 1 lap wonders from a standing or rolling start.

1 Like

Glad they scrapped that whole 3 lap idea…

1 Like

Going to give this a go. First time back on Forza for a while, PC2 has been keeping me occupied.

Maybe that is the way you like to play, but a lot of people drive the cars to participate only and do not know how to tune. A lot of people play to create liveries only, and are not skilled drivers.

This game is for everyone to enjoy as best they can, not to exclude those folks who don’t have the time because of families or jobs to get accomplished at tuning, plus be a skilled driver.

If you look back at the last Bounty Hunter with Johniwanna, a lot of the people who participated LEARNED a lot about their skills and IMPROVED as the event went on. That is all good.

13 Likes

Yes, I agree with you, the Game is for all types of Players and thats good so.
The People who create Livery´s ( I do too) have their Livery Contests for that.
The same goes for those who makes Photos, they have their Photo-Contests.
The Drifters have their Drift-Challenges and so on…

And a Racing-Contest should be for racers.
People who are ONLY there for Driving ( Attention, I said Driving, not Racing), well then thats the wrong game for them. This is what Arcade Games are for.
This is no Offense, Driving only is absolutely okay, but Forza Motorsport is a Racing game, not a Driving game.
Reminds me to my old Parents who have a brandnew Smartphone, but only make simple Phone calls with it.

Yes, I too did Johniwanna´s Bounty Hunter and also I too learned much, but my pain was even stronger. because the whole time mx head was full of: “Need less camber on the Rear, should give more brake-bias to the front, open up the diff a bit, make front springs a Little softer and rear dampers harder…and so on.”

You understand what I mean? It makes no sense in Learning the Problem when you cannot/are not allowed to solve it.

2 Likes

Not all people who race are “drivers” like you, nor do the vast majority of players have your mechanical/tuning mindset. Enjoy the game as best you can, that’s how the rest of us who don’t tune, maybe don’t paint, play despite what you consider a “fault”. At least we’re allowed to do the best we can.

6 Likes

Yes, you are right, it´s mostly because it´s frustrating that we have so less Rivals Events compared to what we have earlier. The Indy-Event wasn´t very Challenging neither the one in Rio. Only the Prague-Event was/is good, but it´s been there almost since release and I have really played it to death already… Then Finally Comes an Event, even with Interesting cars on interesting tracks, but then it is so… well it feels like to buy a already assembled Modelkit or a finished Puzzle.

But again, you are right, please Keep in mind that it was never my purpose to offend anyone, it´s only because as a Long-term Forza Player I feel so sad and frustrated to have a Game which could do so much, but it doesn´t let me…

I think your point is a fair one in the context of the game as a whole. FM7 was my first Forza game, but I have since bought FM6 and have tried class based rivals in that, doing my own tuning. My feeling is that they have gone from one extreme to the other. FM6 had far too many rivals events, so the standard of most of the performances was extremely poor. I quickly got a top 1% time with a performance that probably wouldn’t even make the top 10% in FM7. The vast number of track/class combinations in 6 diluted the competition. 7 has the right idea in trying to concentrate competition into a smaller number of events, but maybe it has gone too far. You do have the “Competitive Driver Training” event each month, which allows tuning, if it’s this month’s event in Rio that you regard as “not challenging”, I’m not really sure what you mean by that, unless you’re #1 on the leaderboard by a comfortable margin.

Sorry, “Not Challenging” was definitely the wrong word. I´m not a No. 1 leaderboard Driver, mostly in the top 1%, and also sometimes in the Top ten.
More correct would be “not interesting for me” simply because this Group of Cars are not my Cup of tea, a personal opinion.

You are Right, there were too much Rivals event´s/ Leaderboards earlier.
In my opinion 1 Leaderboard per Division/Class and Track would be enough.
No Racetrack in the Real World has Leaderboards for Night/Rain for example.

Cutting off these Leaderboards alone would bring the Number of 16.000+ (someone calculated out this number for every Leaderboard on every track in every condition) Leaderboards down to about 5.300
Then, if necessary, cutting some “not often used” Track-variants (easy to find out in looking at participants) off and we could have our beloved Class based Leaderboards back.

But let us stop to go off-Topic, this here is for Alan´s Bounty Hunter and there are already way too much (but sadly often true) Complaint-threads.

Anyone knows which Gifts/Cars for Participation we got? I can´t Remember that I read something about that

Wasn’t a fan of the Fiesta on Mugello but I think I’ll enjoy these. Any news on the cars to win? I guess we’ll probably find out tomorrow in the WIR.

As someone who loves tuning and building cars I definitely agree stock set up is the best way to do most of these rivals events so you get true player skill.

Well if they put any kind of civic in the vote (if there’s a vote) we know what’s gonna win…

3 Likes

Yeah my fingers are crossed for the 1M.

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken, we don’t yet know how much time Hartman has to set his final times, correct?