Bounty Hunter events - Alan Hartman

Correct,

the only details we have are those in the event.

Playing on X Box One S and neither of the bounties are allowing me to select a rival or view replay, only option is to view profile. Hope this gets corrected quickly.

It has corrected itself. Third time I went in and now they are working correctly

Are you in the correct location? Rivals, then Featured Events, then BOUNTY HUNTER EVENT 1: VALENTINE’S WITH A HART(MAN). Use the “Y” button for the Leaderboard, then locate “The man who ran” and with the “A” button select it. You should get a new screen to the right side with WATCH REPLAY, SET AS RIVAL or GAMERCARD listed.

Yes and I’ve set times in both events

Going through Alan Hartman’s Twitter account(@Turn10_BigBoss), here is a link to a tweet where he says he is going to run some laps on Saturday(2/17/18) using a wheel setup: https://twitter.com/Turn10_BigBoss/status/964162762514472960

Even with the accessibility of it being a pure driving test rather than including tuning skills as well, when I recorded some stats at the end of last month’s event it only had 16639 participants. I’d say the highest priority should be to find a way to get more people to take part in each month’s event, rather than raising the barrier to participation by making people tune their own vehicles. The game sold 176k copies in its first week alone, so the proportion of those people (who are presumably pretty keen players to buy it in the first week) who are taking part in these events is very small.

Do you have to post a clean lap to get the car?

I’m new to Bounty Hunter events. As a matter of fact, this will be my first.

In order to win a car, I just need to complete each event, correct?

In order to beat his time, does the lap need to be “Clean”, or do dirty laps count?

Thanks.

You need clean laps to beat him.Yes on your other question.

Also - your Lap Time has to beat the Bounty’s Fastest Lap Time … the Bounty will almost certainly continue to work to improve his time.

If he’s currently at 1:30.750, and you post a 1:30.600, that does NOT get you the prize. At the end of the event period, if he has improved to 1:28.250, you have to have been faster than THAT time.

So, don’t set a time and think “OK, I won” — keep trying to improve, so your final time will be faster than his final time (hopefully).

1 Like

Thank you T REX

1 Like

You are welcome,nice to see polite people still around!!!

That’s why I ask questions, but I never thought about asking that question.

Don Ente - Thanks for the additional information. I thought it was a “One and Done” type thing. Where can I find out when these events start, and when they end? It would also be nice to be notified if my time was beaten by Alan.

Thanks.

The first post in this thread will be updated when we have more info on end dates (which will most like come in tomorrow’s WIR).

Add.the man who ran,as your friend,you will then be notified if he beats your time.

OK. Thanks.

Thanks T REX. And thanks to all who have provided this information.

As you can probably tell, I like to play, but I am unaware of even the most basic functionality of XBOX and XBOX Live. I should have my kids train me:)

1 Like

Prepare to get frustrated…

I thought the Musanne one would be awesome, but now I’m longing for Mugello with other cars.
Dunlop and Tetre Rouge are tough not to dirty and still go fast, the car highsided many times in the kink and at Mulsanne it’s tough not to lock up the brakes and stay on track.
This car requires a delicate touch which I so far cannot consistently provide with the “controller”
My fastest time is currently 5 seconds faster than my best lap. And with 4 minutes a lap, the time goes by too fast. I’ll try again in the weekend.
Annoying that the tricky bits are also the parts where the game is very tough about track limits (it sometimes feels to tough) and completely lets you cut other turns.

I like them both.

I’m not good, but set my initial times today. Was surprised to be well ahead of bounty at Daytona. Had to do 3 laps to log a clean lap, that combo is gonna take practice.

Lemans, I haven’t beat it yet. Only two laps, both clean. That combo will take some getting used to as well. Love that track. Making sure to hit the beginning and end just right proves difficult for me. As someone said, that last chicane can make or completely destroy a lap time.

Great thing is I’ve already got a good headstart on this Bounty as I did the Le Mans trackday Rivals event in the GT40 (can’t remember if it was homologated or not though) and managed clean laps easily even with the other traffic on the road, pretty sure I had a faster time than Alan already even dodging traffic.