Bounty Hunter events - Alan Hartman

Think again as the Bounty car is bone stock not Homogised so less power less speed less control longer breaking zones all round a worse car to drive with a tendacy to pul left under brakes and heavy acceleration Also rear breakes lock up very easily so have fun.

Do they both have to be Clean laps or not to qualify for the prizes?

You only have to Participate for one Prize. for the second Prize You have to beat Alan and that means Clean Laps, and faster than him.

Does anybody know what are the prizes for the bounty hunter events?

Not yet. We will probably find out tomorrow in the WIR.

The Ford GT on Daytona has serious understeer. It just won’t turn in, even on sim steering. Didn’t expect this.

But it is waaaaaaaaay more pleasant to drive than the GT40. This suspension can’t be right. Wobbly? I can get this, it’s an old race car. But the constant “front lifting” under acceleration and steering is annoying. Especially on a track like Old Mulsanne where it’s so easy to dirty the lap aaaand 4 minutes are gone. Finally managed a 3:54:0xx and if the suspension will be gracious a 52’ is possible for me.

2 Likes

A quick flying lap on each brought back;

1:53:439 on Daytona. That GT seems to want to kick it’s back end out in the corners, but also understeers a fair bit. Got some time to make up in the chicane, probably not much though.

4:04:979 on Le Mans. Something about this track just clicks with me. I remember doing really well on one of the regular rivals events in FM6 on this track with the Lotus F1 car. Really enjoy driving the GT40. Tighten up some of the corners and I think I’ve got a few seconds left in me.

Did a 1:47 and a 4:02 so far,just a couple laps each. Good job!!

1 Like

Cheers guys! Think I’ll struggle to best the time at Daytona if he pulls a quick one out of the bag.

I used to do most of my tuning at Le Mans on the 360 games, so must have some kind of muscle memory for that track haha.

So far, the times that I’ve managed for each event are as follows:

Daytona: 1:48.887
Le Mans: 4:01.254

In the Daytona event, the 2 turns that are toughest to handle in the Ford GT are Turn 1 and the chicane at the straight due to the fact that one would have to downshift into 3rd gear all the way from 7th gear and know when to brake and how much force to apply to the brake to take the turn as fast as possible while not going off the track. From experience, one should keep the car at no less than 3rd gear.

For Le Mans, the length of the track makes it to where one mistake can cost you around 4 minutes of your time. This track has plenty of areas where one can improve their time at given that the fastest time for the event that someone posted as of this reply is 3:47.730 with 351 people being able to run a lap in less than 4 minutes. Being a long track, it takes more time to get the feel needed to take each turn the best one can possibly do so. The key to getting a sub 4 minute time looks to be figuring out how to approach each turn, when to brake and how much brake to apply, and what turns can be taken faster than suggested as well as getting to know the car.

Le Mans is total opposite for me, doesn’t click at all!

Great runs. :smile:

2 Likes

Sweet! Hopefully some challenging times will be posted, and create some serious competition!

So far I’ve managed a 1:43.636 on Daytona, definitely not easy though. Car wants to under steer, so a lot of work is needed before and through the corner in my opinion.

Looking at some of these times, I realize I am not a very good racer. After installing the update last night, I had just enough time to run 3 laps at Daytona.

My best was 1:57:xxx, which I thought was a pretty good lap. To me, the current Bounty time is miles away. I know my limitations, but I will keep trying. I will improve my time, but it will be hard to say if I am getting better, or just got lucky.

Whether I beat the Bounty or not doesn’t matter to me. What I really enjoy are the various little challenges like the Bounty events, Leagues, and Forzathons. It helps keep the game interesting, and giving prizes for participation, provide incentives for people like me to try more aspects of the game than just career mode.

1 Like

We need more drivers like yourself.

Find yourself a ghost you’re comfortable with and stick with it for awhile ( same ghost ) , usually 1-2 seconds faster than your current time works well for improving . You’ll be shaving hundredths, tenths , and seconds before you know it.

2 Likes

Just wondering, does Alan race more often, or just occasionally? Because these are not very forgiving cars if you’re just getting in to it.

I got the GT40 down to 3:58.1, but in some of the turns I lose a lot of time because I can’t get the car stable enough in the turn.
The GT is giving me even more trouble with a 1:47.7 Very nervous.

I think currently my love for the Le Mans track is giving me a decent time there, but the GT on Daytona is going to require some more work

When I took a look at the replay of Alan’s lap for the Le Mans event, it was from a lap after the first lap(not a standing lap) given the speed he was going at in the beginning of the replay. Then again, I couldn’t find much in lap times to determine his skill level from looking at the leaderboards for rivals event that are not drift and autocross events. After all, one mistake that people shouldn’t make is underestimating the skill level of the bounty target that may appear to be average only for that person to run an amazing lap time during the last day or two after learning some tips and advice from the community. Another mistake to avoid making is waiting for final hours to run your laps given that Turn 10 may decide to close the event(s) at a time different than stated.; this mistake resulted in me missing out on the FE car for beating johniwanna in the previous Bounty Hunter event when I ran a few laps faster than his final time during the final hours only for the game to not register those laps.

By the way, the collection tier level in FM7 for the gamertag Alan is using is at collection tier level 12 as of this reply.

1 Like

He has lots of times up in FM6, but I don’t find the FM6 leaderboards very meaningful due to how it combines performances from such different cars. But as far as it goes, I’d say he seems to be a decent driver, and assuming he gives it 100% I’d expect his times to improve a fair amount from where they are now. I don’t think I’ve failed to beat his time on any leaderboard I’ve seen him on so far, and I’m at 1:45 and 3:57 for these two events at the moment, but there’s no way of knowing what level of effort went into the performances I’m comparing against vs what he can do by focusing on just these two events.

So he can handle himself, good. I was thinking he had some very bad luck since these Fords can be very discouraging if you push them without much experience.
At Mugello with the Fiesta, about 20 out of 40 of my laps were dirtied, of which 1 because I went of track.
With these Ford GT’s, I’ve dirtied a little over 60%, but this time none because of interference by other cars…