Better motorsport tracks, touge roads, and realistic city roads

FH5 took a big step up for drag strips and touge routes from the short FH4 strips that for whatever reason had set of train tracks running through it and just general lack of touge roads. However, it seems that FH5 has now done the exact same thing with race tracks.

The main festival site is set up on a racetrack that for whatever reason has cones set up on the open world. It also seems to be the only track available in the game and is quite short with a lack of general real world race track feel. The Forza Motorsport series have knocked it out of the park with their tracks and I understand they want to limit the amount of tracks put into Horizon so consumers will purchase two separate games, but surely the one track they add to Horizon could have at least been fleshed out a bit better.

On top of that, we are only given one touge style road in the game and it has quickly become quite repetitive, even if we were given 2 it would have been a great improvement. Im hoping that these two features would be addressed through a DLC at the very least and not have to wait for the next game to come out.

Another issue I find as well as many others I have read is the general emptiness of the world. The map is huge but the roads are unrealistic and bland. Even in the city areas there’s a lack of busy intersections and multiple crossroads. The city we are given is very small with the remainder of the map being beautiful in nature, but quite baron. They roads become quickly forgettable with a lack of general landmarks and I find myself repeatedly at the same locations (festival sites, drag strip, touge road) as there is nothing else to do in the vastness of the map and just seems like filler.

Putting a race track on Forza Horizon 5 map is a great step forward for the series. However, as was stated above, the circuit is way too small. It was done better in FH4: LEGO Speed Champions, where Falcon Speedway was a full-fledged modern racing track, with enough sections for multiple different layouts. I wish we had something like that in Forza Horizon 6 and/or second expansion for FH5.

On the other hand, the baja track in Mexico is brilliant, that’s the way to go for off-road racing :slight_smile:

And I agree, more touge roads would be perfect!

2 Likes