[ANSWERED] Paint Jobs Won't Save to Cars After Update

After the recent update, I have discovered that all of my saved paint jobs, on every single car, are gone. All that remains is the stock paint color. I cannot even apply and save a different manufacturer color, let alone a custom one. It vanishes as soon as I apply it. Body color, window tint, wheels…nothing. No matter what I do, it will not save to the cars. As soon as I switch to a different car in the garage and go back to the one I was on, any paint changes are gone. Help please?

1 Like

Are you on pc or xbox? Have you tried restarting the game or hard restarting?

Im on XBOX1 and this is happening to me too with the custom liveries that I had in most of my cars, once you switch to another car the liveries you had in the previuos car turns totally gray. Ive tested most of the cars in my garage that had custom liveries.

1 Like

I have the same problem too. I am also playing on xbox one. I have tried restarting, uninstalling and reinstalling and that didn’t change anything.

1 Like

Ok, Ill get this over to the team.

Thanks,

1 Like

So is the team asleep? Just ran into this problem today, and it seems there have been other people still having it with no answers a year later. [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

Xboxone: Changed a single decal on my livery, now when I go to edit them, the vehicle resets to default in the editor. When I restart the game, it resets the vehicle to default. When I go to change car, the small portrait shows my livery, and the spinning car shows default. [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

As of Jan. 4th I am still having this issue on my Xboxone, no matter what you do the paint job will return to the original color after exiting the paint booth. Kind of a bummer…

1 Like

Are you actually saving the paint job to the car
If you just save and share it doesnt apply to the car

1 Like

I too noticed this and was a bit perplexed by that. I’ve not been able to save it as a template yet.
Shouldn’t you be able to save the livery you created and still apply it to the car no different then you do a tune?

1 Like

you can save it to the current car or share it, should have the choice to do both at the same time though
only gives the option to save to current car or to save and share , I share then go back and apply to current car

1 Like

I cannot find mine. I think it may have something to do with this bug people are having. I have to go in and re-do it and save to the car only.
:frowning:

1 Like

I’m having the same problem. I’m playing on xbox one, offline with no internet connection.
I change paint, save to car, return to menu or go to race and its back to the original colour.
I’m not sharing, simply changing paint or decals and saving and it does not work.

3 Likes

I am also having the same issue on xbox one. Spent a few hrs making custom paint jobs only to have them go back to original color. It wont even let me purchase a car in a different manufacturers color and save it
Whatever color the car is in when you 1st view the car or how the car appears in its preview tab is the only color it will let me use. Wheels and upgrades i can see and change. But colors i can’t. Im offline as well.

1 Like

Mine did this on Friday, I spent about 1 1/2 making a Nashville Predators design for a big Ford truck. When I’m in my garage, the smaller preview window on the left clearly shows the design I made on the truck but, the bigger version on the left (rotating) only appears as the stock colors/design. I even tried entering a race to see if it would apply then…nope. I should have snapped a screen shot. Maybe later I’ll try to take one and add it.

1 Like

this bug still not fixed , car paints are not saved (pc version)

1 Like

Hi I see this marked as answered. What is the answer? Is the answer that it is still being investagated? I have checked my game and it is STILL A VERY ANNOYING PROBLEM that has gone on for months. I wish Turn 10 would fix it. After the VIP debacle, no offline access to DLC, terrible cars (not all terrible but a lot for a racing game) included in the car pass you would think the least they could do is get the core game running right.

2 Likes

I am also having the same issue at xbox one . making custom paint jobs and the paint of the car came back to original color… after the last updating

Ok so I came back to Forza after a hiatus. I normally like to do paint jobs on cars and customization… Found out the massive issues with saving your creation like everyone else here and probably the entire community not posting. It is odd that after so many months NO ONE from the Foza Staff has replied with any answers. I play offline mostly but have no idea why this would effect painting or customizing your vehicle. I basically stopped playing unfortunately since 70% of the reason I play is to customize my car and see it race on the track and take pics. Moved on to something else, sorry Forza but looks like your game is still bugged out. Oh and by the way a few of the cars have weird glitches like the C7 R corvette where you can see the cooling fans from the radiator on the front bumper

2 Likes

I also primaraly customise cars and share liverys and the game saves the livery out of the editor but does not keep it applied to the car. This is unsatisfactory and might return my Xbox 1 as forza is why I bought it and might have some strong words about the game to say on my podcast along with social media if this issue is not resolved

1 Like

I have this issue as well… keeps reverting to stock color (PC)

1 Like