[ANSWERED] Forza Horizon 4 will not run after latest update on PC?

Since the last update the game will not run on PC, all I get is the splash screen and then its back to desktop?

1 Like

You don’t have an old version of MSI Afterburner running with RivaTuner, do you? Fraps? EVGA Precision? Those can trigger the anti-cheat by trying to hook the exe.

What OS? How much RAM?

Windows 10 is my OS and I have 16gb, the game was running perfectly before the latest update so I doubt the issues is cause by my system.

Me either, dunno. Since RivaTuner was patched with an exception for FH4 it hasn’t failed to start for me once.

Same problem here :frowning:

I have the same Problem :confused:

I have the same Problem :confused:

Ok so it looks like it’s going to be a case of submit a support ticket and hope for the best that it finds someone who knows how to sort the problem, which will no doubt be a very long and protracted process as always.

Had the same issue, I deleted entire game and then I re-installed it. It fixed my issue, now I can play again.

I had just to Reset the Game and not delete it completely!
This Fixed it to for me too and just take like 5 min :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m able to play but only for an hour or so and then it will crash without a crash report which I find really weird.

Well it’s been 3 days since I submitted my support ticket and not a word from them, not even to acknowledge they are looking into the problem, I guess I will have to remain being denied of playing Forza Horizon 4.

While we work through our Ticket backlog, can you try: Windows>Settings>Applications>FH4>Advanced Options>Reset

1 Like

So everything was working fine til the update. I tried updating my computer, and uninstalling the game and installing the game to see if that was the issue. Nope… I just hope I don’t lose my process in the game. This was my favorite game til this issue came up. I just hope they fix it soon. Cant wait to drive Veron again =)

I have the exact same issue. Brand new Intel Hades Canyon NUC with nothing “strange” on it. New Windows install, 16GB memory, 1TB Nvme SSD. Crashes after about 3 seconds when I click to start the game.

Very unhappy… this game was one of the reasons I bought this PC.