[ANSWERED] ERROR: 0x803f81f5

Hey everyone,

So I have purchased Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition and on my main machine everytime I go to install it from the store it spits out erro: 0x803f81f5 stating that “Ten of your devices have apps and games from Store already installed on them. That’s the limit. Go to Store > Settings > Manage your devices, then remove a device to make room for this new one.”

Logging into the devices portal shows only my two computers that I use for gaming and now where near the limit of ten devices.

The thing is on my mini EN1070 the game preloads fine but on my main workstation it refuses.

I’m reluctant to remove the device for fear of having to redownload all my other Windows Store games again (had to do that before and it sucked).

So far I’ve tried:

1. Signing out and in on the store.
  2. Downloading other games from the store successfully (free ones).
  3. Wsreset
  4. sfc /scannow
  5. Numerous Dism commands

All to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks

You’re not alone.
Same issue as here https://forums.forza.net/turn10_postst132252_Unable-to-pre-load-Forza-Horizon-4.aspx

Same problem. running out of patience as the game will release soon

Contact Microsoft
Its an issue with them

Hello,

I have the same issue. It only occured on my PC as I was able to login to my brother’s PC and the game downloaded with no problems. I was in contact with Microsoft but weren’t able to help. I was able to get the game to download for a bit by going into Settings->Update & Security-> Recovery-> Reset this PC. This reinstalled my windows and I was able to start the download but as soon as the rest of the apps on Microsoft store started updating Forza was put in to pending and whenever I tried to resume I keep on getting the error. Maybe the reinstall will help for some of you.

I’m coming of off a 3h session with the Microsoft support and they were able to solve my issue.

I will try to describe what they actually did as well as I can. Here we go…

1. Go to https://account.microsoft.com/devices?fref=home.card.devices

2. Under each device click on ‘more actions’.

3. Click remove pc for every device.

4. Open windows start menu and type in ‘wsreset’ run it and wait until Microsoft store opens.

5. After Microsoft Store is up and running try downloading the game.

This heleped me, I hope it fixes your issue as well. Good luck!

1 Like

Thank you! this worked for me! (At least it’s downloading)

1 Like

IT FINALLY WORKED THANK YOU

• the link you post is different from the link the store gives me
  • after deleting my pc it was still visible on the page the store sends you to, I also deleted it there
  • I tried twice, the first time I did not delete all devices but just the relevant ones and it did not work
  • the second time I deleted all devices and did a reboot

Now it is finally downloading, weeks after the purchase. Thank you. I was planning to call ms tomorrow, so glad I don’t have to :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m glad I could help, I had to go through ms support for both Forza horizon 3 and 4 so I know what pain in the back this can be. This was such an easy fix as well. They should change the link on ms store right away.

Hello,

This had been posted here: https://forums.forza.net/turn10_postst132542_-INVESTIGATING--ERROR-FIX--0x803F81F5---Too-many-devices.aspx