Add trivia info about Spotlight cars

The concept of Spotlight cars, with special events across various modes every week to highlight particular models, is cool but it’s potential could be realized better.

I wish T10 also used this occassion to introduce these cars better, with some trivia and general information (introductions to new career events, while looking lovely, are way too vague). It could be presented in a similar manner as trivia about race tracks, when entering events (I love it, even if it becomes repetitive too quickly).

I believe recording a couple of sentences for one car per week (usually) is not a big deal, and just imagine how it could improve the overall soullessness of the game. We have so many cult, legendary, and unique vehicles in the game, picked by people who obviously love cars… but so not interested in sharing that love with new players. It saddens me (and makes Gran Turismo shining more than it should :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ).

BTW, I’d like to use this occassion to remind my other suggestion: to combine car leveling with unlocking trivia about cars. It could be another good way to add depth and soul to the game, while making better use of the major new gameplay system (especially now that levels 26-49 unlock nothing).

I would LOVE this!
I like trivia, I like when a spotlight truely feels like a spotlight. What I don’t like is FM being like: “Here, have a discount, go do something with it”. Like a parent not wanting to be bothered by their kid.
I know this has been said enough (by both me and many others, but T10 milked this sentence even more), but you want us to fall in love with cars! Don’t treat them like objects you need to work for, love needs to come from two sides. Show us that you love the car too and give it some information, like what makes it stand out, why is no other car like this one!

(PS. nice plug of the trivia topic!)

1 Like

Yeah, cars are now represented basically only by stats and numbers, not much to go with in terms of falling in love. Great handling is not enough.

Even Forzavista is being more and more downgraded since Forza Motorsport 5, with its great potential going to waste. All we have now are just 3D models to look at and “explode”, with no information or even technical data.

No wonder Forza Motorsport 4 is still regarded by many as the peak form in the series. This game truly had soul… even if Autovista was limited to 20 cars or so. Gran Turismo never had anything as impressive as this (even without Clarkson’s commentary).

Today we don’t even get car descriptions in update notes, even when something as astounding as the Gordon Murray Automotive T.50 is added to the game.

Anyway, the new Forza Motorsport can still reach those heights of the past, even if T10 would update just one car per week with some trivia.

1 Like

I’m bumping this thread just to say that I like how Spotlight cars were treated in the Italian Challengers Tour from Update 4.

Longer introductions with more detailed descriptions for Spotlight cars kinda remind me of AutoVista from FM4 (especially fabulous camera shots). I also appreciate adding missing ForzaVista features (openable frunk and engine cover) for the Ferrari 430 Scuderia.

While there is still more to be done (you could at least make those introductions available permanently), this is the way. Keep it up! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Below is a visual representation of Turn10’s love and attention to spotlight cars:

1 Like

Yup, this is very unfortunate.