Add more cars that are more relatable and accessible from the real world and mainstream

Hello. I was thinking for several days about what kind of cars should be added to Forza Horizon 5 in the future updates and I realized one thing: most of the cars which we can obtain in Forza are not relatable to our childhood or even life in general. It’s a great opportunity to have those really old classic or hyper exotic cars, but there are not many cars that people can relate to from movies, older racing games, or just real life. As an automotive journalist who actually spent a lot of time in interesting, sport, but quite common cars I am feeling that there should be added more cars from the 90s to early 00s and even 10s, so the player base can have more diversity between them. My list can be found below with short explanations of why I mentioned them:

• Alfa Romeo – a completely forgotten brand in Forza 5, there are many amazing models like 4C, 8C, and Giulia which should be introduced to the title.

• Opel Calibra Turbo 4x4 - there are not many Opel / Vauxhall cars in the game. Since the Calibra is a nice classic and it was created only in the number of 12000 models, it would be nice to see this car.

• Renault Laguna III coupe - beautiful car from 2008, which has a timeless design and it came with 3.5 V6 from Nissan and amazing, rare versions like Monaco GP.

• Mercedes CLK w209 5.5 V8 AMG - 15-20 years old Mercedes with V8 which has a good look to this day. Could be released as a convertible (there aren’t many of them).

• BMW 6 series – a car which was in previous Forza Horizon and was not added to the game. Maybe time to change it?

• Mercedes SL - same reason as above.

• Hyundai Genesis coupe - my personal favorite: a relatively fresh car that looks amazing. It would be a great introduction for a new brand that could appear in the game. If not this, maybe just a little bit older Hyundai Tiburon.

• Cadillac Eldorado coupe - an interesting V8 American car, which is an elegant classic. In my opinion, something like it should be added. Or maybe another sedan, something like Cadillac Seville STS.

• Ford Mustang V generation, 2005 - there are plenty of Mustang cars, but actually, one of the most popular cars was not added to the game. Could be implemented as a convertible as well.

• Lancia Thema / Chrysler 300c - just another interesting, relatively new sedan that could add more diversity to the choice of 4-doors cars.

• Chevrolet Cobalt SS - this car is actually tricky, because many people don’t even know about the existence of it, but those who played an old racing video game will definitely know how great and cult this car is.

• Mazda 3 MPS - sport version of a well-known hatchback car. A great proposition for those players, who don’t have much choice in this type of cars.

If you guys have a similar way of thinking, add your proposition to my list in the comment section. The rule is simple: write down cars that you have seen several times in real life or you are relatable to them in some way.

Honorable mentions:

• Saab 9-3 Aero
  • Peugout 406 / 407 coupe
  • Alfa Romeo GT
  • Volvo C70 convertible
  • Honda Accord coupe
  • KIA Stinger
  • VW Passat CC / CC
  • Lexus IS300

If developers will somehow read it: thank you for your hard work. I also understand that some of the cars might not be added because it is hard to implement them, there could be problems with licensions or you just have other plans. But as a Forza fan, I will be happy to see that at least some of the cars I have mentioned will appear in the game.

8 Likes

@ExiledShaKy0r
Agree - that’s why I asked my actual car - the Cupra - to be added as well.
Just wanted to see what it could do with some upgrades added.
They had it in previous editions - though the old ones - and the police in the UK even used them as undercover traffic cop cars for a good reason.
Also had a Peugeot 406 3.0L V6 for a long time - had to send it to the great car pool in the sky when it hit 20 years though.

1 Like

My sweet spot is a dull, boring 80/90/00s family car but a treasure throve of absurd options to turn it into a racey, fire breathing beast with a livery to match.

Brands like Lamborghini are important and good and needed for a franchise such as this; but they are not my peak experience. I’d swap a Lamborghini for a old Fiat Uno or a 90s Carina in a heart beat.

1 Like

Exactly, that’s the way of thinking I appreciate!
Of course, there will be players who play the game only for the experience of fast cars, but the thing is - they can improve horsepower to huge numbers even of those cars, which are slow in stock. Everyone would be happy in this scenario: players who enjoy the slow and realistic gameplay would find joy in peaceful driving, while the other players could tune the cars for a more racing experience.

3 Likes

Agree with you 100% specially the VW CC, I had one I loved when starting the car the headlights move. Also the MB 88 560SL, AMG C32, new Ferrari 296 GTB, Porsche 928, Porsche 944 non turbo, Camaro IROC Z, 90’s MB SL, Limousines, Escalade, Saabs, Volvos, 04 Nissan Sentra SER spec V ( was build in Mexico) I had one 6spd, 175 hp, New Nissan Z car, 88 Mustang GT Conv, Mustang Saleen 80’s, MB limousines, RR new and classic 4 doors, Porsche 930 slantnose and the gemballa variant, Singer Porsche 911, P Boxster, Agree with the CLK 2 doors AMG

1 Like

I forgot the Ferrari 308

Really interesting car collection you had in your life! I am very impressed as a young person who has driven already a few interesting cars. Now I am saving money to buy Mustang from 2006 to 2008, few months and I will have enough cash to fulfill my dreams
Back to the topic - I have also driven today around Mexico in Ferrari Portofino and I have realized that the game needs a few more convertibles (which I have even proposed in the original post). The possibility to open and close roofs is genius, but unfortunately, we cannot use this feature in many cars.

Why is no one supporting this posting like for real how [mod edit - WSD - Profanity and alluding to profanity is against the ToS] car game like forza have not added the opel calibra in this game

1 Like

No, no, no, and no. Wish people would get over this ridiculous pipedream. News flash, everyone, but the only games to heavily feature daily drivers were the pre-PS4 Gran Turismo games, and they only had Japanese daily drivers, not every daily driver on the planet. Also, why have a slow daily driver when you could an older classic. Same performance, only the car looks infinitely better.

I know it’s not really a daily driver, but the Lexus LC300 is a pretty beautiful and sporty car that fits the tone of Forza Horizon really well.

I do agree, Forza (both Horizon and Motorsport) needs more road cars and econoboxes

exotics, supercars and hypercars are fun but there is already too much on Horizon
Car market isnt just Ferraris, Lambos and German cars

I had filled my car wishlist of those cars beacuse i want more street cars, cars that i can convert into tuner cars or racing cars like the local racing series that people have around the world where they get econoboxes or some roead acrs and race with them

Some exemples of it besidesthe already known MX-5 Cup
Chevrolet Joy Cup (video)
Honda Fit Challenge
Honda N-One Cup
Honda Fit Challenge
Hyundai HB20 Cup
Hyundai Elantra/Avante Cup
enduroKA (UK Racing series)
Kia Picanto GT Cup
Nissan March Cup
Toyota 86/Subaru BRZ Challenge
And some other si may forgot

Racing is not only the fancy hyper/super exotic cars, many people are racing using regular road cars in circuits around the world, some even as grassroots racing

2 Likes

Id be nice to see a little bit of a shuffle in the car list in general. Id like to see the car list freshen up a bit. For example how about not adding again the same infinity q60 concept thats been in the game since horizon 3? Literally nobody is using this car. Not a single soul cares. Im pretty sure if the devs pulled up their stats they’ll see a lot of dated vehicles that nobody cares about. Im not saying get rid of vintage cars and old muslce cars… at least not all.
The game is in a desprate need of feeding freshness into it.

Daily drivers? Yes id like to see more. But not just more but get rid of the already existing ones under the category in the game.
Id love to see the honda fit in the game - gen1 or gen2. And how about mazda 3 hatchback?

1 Like