Accolades and Hall of Fame - a lost cause?

the open wins are coming slowly, I usually don’t remember to try

the eliminator wins, I give it a couple of goes then give up; I’ve read a couple of tip things so might improve but my luck in those is absurdly bad (seriously, if there’s just one tree within 250 metres I’ll hit a bump that makes me fly straight into it)

1 Like

Yeah, the eliminator was super intimidating. I played a LOT of matches without even getting a single win.

One of the things that turned it around for me was a spreadsheet I found:

I was just looking for a car tier list, but what changed things for me was the map of final circle locations with suggested exit points. That helped me to get a good jump on the final showdown, as I would be blasting out of the final circle near the suggested exit 2-3 seconds before the countdown finished, and that usually gave me the edge that I would need.

But yeah, to go from zero wins to the 7 wins in fairly short order was surreal. The tough one was the “heads up”. I saved that for my 7th win, and just stopped picking up car drops. I finally lucked out when I caught a MG flat footed with my vocho. Getting to level 8 out of the gate meant it only took a couple other duels to get to level 10. I swore I wouldn’t play that mode again, but it had become such a habit that I would still occasionally hop on. That habit is dead now, unless they end up doing the rumored changes to the mode and any new accolades are tied to it.

1 Like

thanks - think that was one of the “tips”, maybe you posted it before!

Probably. I don’t really have much else wisdom to add. There is a map on there that shows major obstacles to avoid. And you start to get a sense eventually for where the more troublesome trees are and try to avoid those.

In general looking to catch folks that are moving out of the circle as you move inward will give advantage on individual duels. Especially if there’s a big speed differential. Catch someone going down the highway and they get a bad break on the race location, and it can be about impossible for them to get turned around in time.

Definitely helped having the more offensive mindset where I was positioning myself to pick off other drivers (like above) vs my previous “scared rabbit” prey mentality.

1 Like

For the 25 open wins, I did a lot of customized B700 Dirt racing with a meta car back in April. There were no more than 3 players at any given time, and they usually just dropped out.
A win didn’t count as “Win a Horizon Open Racing event”, but it counted for “Horizon Open events”

2 Likes

What about bugged accolades like Gotta Smash Em All and complete Horizon Tour in a Rally Monster?

These 2 accolades are stuck and don’t mark as complete for me. So I would never be able to get those two and another one which is smash 10 smashables.

There are alot of unfair things about this game, reality is they aren’t going to change.

At the end of the day, its a leaderboard for a poorly run, poorly supported arcade race game - does it really matter to be on Top 10? LOL

2 Likes

It’s just video game. Pixels on screen.

Or have I set my hopes for future of humankind too high?

I just completed Horizon Tour in a rental Rally Monster on my alt, so it’s not bugged for me.
And I am 4/5 for Gotta Smash 'Em All on my alt, so I will know if it’s bugged or not when the next Seasonal Smashable is available.

I think MOHOM is taunting the BRT+ players lol.

2 Likes

Hi guys, I got interested in the topic of repetitive accolades, I noticed that for a long time most top 100 players get ~7450 points every week.
I managed to find information about “El camino” and “photos” awards, but recently I noticed that players get ~10000 points.

Have there been new repetitive accolades?

I heard you can get 1000 points for delivering 5 flags in a team chase (full server condition) or be last in a survival game (also full server, 12 players)
I tried to do it but it’s hard to find 12 players who won’t leave in the process.

Can anyone help?

I have nearly finished working out which accolades repeat, then I think I’ll stop. One extra thing I’ve noticed is that my points go up during playlist things but I have no idea why. Anyway, from pictures it’s definitely possible to get 7700 each week (if that is how long it takes to reset). So adding in some extras (not looked at that) I can believe 10k.

The Weekly Challenge gives 250 each chapter, so 1000 total.
It was bugged a couple weeks ago and only gave 750 total.

2 Likes

Oh, right, is that it? Didn’t know!

how do you get 7700 points for photos? I get 7450 every week… + 1000 forzathon,
I’m missing 250 points… does the photo in the snow work?

When the game first came out, photo in the snow wouldn’t trigger. And when they finally fixed it, they fixed it correctly and it’s not repeatable.

1 Like

weekly #forzathon is not working… bye bye 1000 points…

In the grand scheme of things, 1000 points is meaningless at this point. Cheaters like the BRT+ crew can just add 50000 points to their account in minutes.

1 Like

It is possible with enough engagement to be a level 1000 Horizon Open Champion having never won a race. :smile::baby:

That’s what really matters. As long as you engage you will get that gold badge.

4 Likes

What do you mean it isnt working
It has worked for most