3 ultimate editions in a row, now I may not buy another forza title

I’m not extremely disappointed with FH4, but going from FH3 to FH4 was kind of like going from FM6 to FM7, kind of a step down. Hopefully they fix most of the problems.

I loved FH3 and am enjoying FH4. Nothing is ever perfect, but I’m wild about cars so I would buy again. I may have problems with some things but overall PGG does such a nice job and I would buy again for sure. I may not like every car, but that is OK as there is usually plenty to enjoy. To be completely honest I have never shut down after a night of playing without a huge grin on my face.

2 Likes

I fully agree on them not communicating nor even to seem to pay attention to what we are saying.
Online is a joke, nothing else to say. It 100% encourages wrecking everyone in sight. The better you drive, the bigger target you become.
I see no reason to purchase any expansion pack at this point.
There’s plenty of fine drifting roads in the game now, I can drift all over the U.K and be happy.

I’ll probably get another Forza title in the future, but this will probably be my one and only Forza Ultimate Edition preorder. It’s not even really so much about the cost, it’s the fact that the game at release was (and still is) a WIP beta product. I might as well wait a few months for the devs to fix some of the issues and save (more than) a few bucks and get it on sale to boot.

I realize this problem goes far beyond Forza and covers pretty much the entire gaming industry at this point, but I don’t need to support it.

Another poster mentioned the idea of doing away with completely new Forza games every year and switching to a continuous development/subscription model, and I could actually see that working pretty well. Not so much with expanding the games we have now, but with rethinking future Forza games. For Motorsport this approach would be really easy to do since the actual content from title to title is mostly the same. If Turn10 can really nail the game engine, then it would be easy to continually expand the game with new cars and tracks (and maybe even a track creator).

For Horizon, if you named the game something like Forza Horizon World it would be really easy to add new large map expansions every year or so in place of entirely new games. The base game would need a really good starting map to serve as a global hub, but otherwise could work really well with a gradually expanding world map.

In both cases the game should retain an offline/singleplayer mode (and local splitscreen) instead of going the full MMO route.

I promise myself not to get any Forza title after FM6, but i fell for the hype and the beautiful British scenery with this game…and i really regret that i did, it’s like throwing 80 bucks in the toilet, so i promise myself again, never again…