What are some features FM23 has that GT7 DOESN'T have?

Yes, superb graphics add to the realism & immersion of the game. The new Forza looks embarrassingly outdated at times, which pulls me out of the immersion of the game. If physics are all that matter, then that’s what games like iRacing & Asseto Corsa are for.

2 Likes

People keep showing these extremely artificial images from GT7 to show that it looks better than Forza and I agree with you. GT7 looks like scenes from a Zack Snyder movie. It looks pretty, but it doesn’t look real.

Whenever I see scenes with a ton of unrealistic shadows everywhere and with a lot of sun rays showing through a tree I just feel like the whole thing is too artificial. Nothing won’t with it, some people like it, but just because it looks more refined doesn’t mean it’s better.

I like the Forza style. It isn’t as realistic as others but it definitely isn’t as artificial as GT7.

4 Likes

I recognize that GT has nicer cars, but Forza has more beautiful scenery after that, it’s subjective. I also play ACC which is very good but lacks cars. Can’t wait for Assetto corsa 2

2 Likes

I agree 100% with you

he was also specifically replying to a comment about the graphics, not the physics?

All of these comparisons I see are using old Forza models? I don’t think the 959 is new anyways.

Anyway, yea GT7 has amazing car models… but so does FM23. I mean if I have to pick apart a picture to find something wrong… you know.

It’s a shame that all the models aren’t to this standard for sure. But we can at least see where it’s headed.

1 Like

Can we? People have been begging & pleading for updated models for years, & we’ve gotten one OG Xbox model updated…the Subaru 22B

2 Likes

I just mean you can see the improvement in the new release models. Who knows if they will ever update the older ones. Doesn’t bother me either way tbh, I grew up on a PS and GT1 so all of this is gorgeous to me.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m glad they at least got that one done, but there are still really bad offenders out there. The R32 GT-R and the S15 Silvia are probably the worst offenders of all! Thankfully it’s not game breaking but still needs to be fixed in FM.

Talking about immersion breaks, I remember the PS2 cars in GT6. Now that was really bad lol. Over 1000 cars and it wasn’t enough to erase that immersion break

1 Like

:skull:

3 Likes

How does the updated 22B compare to the GT7 version?

I just checked and…GT’s is better.

3 Likes

The driving physics.
Also just looking at GT7videos, the cars go on the curbs and go left and right like they are weightless.
You are not driving the wheels, you are just directing the rails the car has to follow.
But GT7 have a physics that makes you feel a pilot, capable of everything, then you go back to Forza or drive a real car and you become a rammer!!

2 Likes

Only thing is it’s RT mode makes Forza look like garbage on Series X. Graphical glitches everywhere when you play in this mode. And you can’t tell what’s RT and what isn’t?

I agree, but that just makes the comparison even worse for FM8. The physics vary wildly from car to car; some feel really good (the Audi GT3) and most feel awful. I was doing the super sedans events the other day, and the AMG Forza Edition basically feels like toggling between understeer and oversteer; there’s no envelope in between where you’re able to attack the apex with any confidence that the car will stay under you.

This is the same experience I’ve had with other “bad” cars like the Huracan STO. No other sim feels like this. It feels more like a quick-time-event than actually driving a car.

1 Like

Invisible roads?

2 Likes

Koenigsegg for one. The Jesko is my favorite car in the game so Forza having it is a big win.

Also I MUCH prefer Forza’s chase camera. It has more play to it so you can see the car angle and it gives more views of the body work. GT has a camera completely pinned to the rear.

Just two things I’ve noticed since I don’t have GT. One tidbit GT has is hearing the car rev in garage view. I really wish Forza had that.

2 Likes

So Turn 10/playground can do it right when they want to… Interesting.

Now how do we get them motivated enough to update the old models?

1 Like

A Toyota Supra with two big wangs at the same time

Hmmm so after playing a few days I’ve noticed a few things,

• Forza has by far the best chase cam in the business. GT7 does not have an FOV slider nor the chase far cam. Oh and no view without a wheel in cockpit view.

-A true rivals mode for each track and class, GT7 only has time trials for each track where you can compare yourself against your friends and your own cars in each class range. Nothing global for each track like Forza.

• Class hoppers (PP) as far as I’ve seen there is no such thing as official online hoppers for certain PP ranges unless you go into custom public online hoppers

• Qualifying/placing yourself in career races you always start from the rear in GT7 so some races really blow unless you have the op car at the event.

• Practice in career races you hop straight into the frying pan when it comes to racing in the single player.

• Advanced setting for controllers so it seems (I could be wrong) that there is no advanced controls for dialing in your controller on GT7. Literally just a few sliders for general inputs is all I found.

Still looking but that’s what I’ve got so far. It ain’t pretty if we look at this the other way though lol Forza Motorsport needs some dang content!

4 Likes