Volkswagen Golf R32 2003 - Inaccurate car model (1728003)

This issue has persisted since the first Forza Motorsport on the original Xbox console. The way how 2003 Golf R32 represented in Forza games, is quite disappointing to see. The whole body proportions is so wrong like it’s boxy. And there was this issue that lasted from FM3-FM7, FH2, FH4-FH5, which is the misaligned wheels in both front and rear, which is way more worse. I did not want to drive it in Forza games because of this.

It does not actually shape like the car in real life, and in today, the new Motorsport still reused the outdated model.

the Golf R32 in forza is awful

Meanwhile, as it appears again in the new Motorsport, the wheel alignment is fixed. But once again, still reused the same old, outdated model.

Nobody wants to drive it like this anymore. VOTED!!

3 Likes

As someone who’s been playing the series since since Forza Motorsport 2 (released to NA in May of 2007), I believe this is the very same model used in that game. While I love to see that this particular vehicle is still in the game(s) after all of this time, especially seeing the wheel alignment issue resolved; I too, believe it is overdue for a proportion fix. :heavy_heart_exclamation:

7 Likes

Probably the ugliest car model of them all. :rofl:

7 Likes

It actually is. Proportions are so off.

5 Likes

It’s literally a Minecraft model. However, I think the S15 Silvia and the 575M are worse. It’s still a very close podium, and the top 50 mostly contains Motorsport 1 models.

5 Likes

Indeed, it’s the worst model ever alongside Silvia S15. It would feel like you’re driving a box. :joy:

6 Likes

Here is the same car as it appears in the first Forza Motorsport. As you can see, the square rear end dates back to 2005, meaning the inaccuracies that plague this model have been persisting for almost 2 decades now.

5 Likes

And it’s outrageous how Gran Turismo 4 on the PS2 got the correct/accurate model of the Golf IV R32! A PS2 game can do better than the OG Xbox game, or a 2004 game can do better than a 2005 game! :scream:

GT4 got the rear end of it right because the real car is rounded.

7 Likes

Bug Logged!! Hopefully something happens in the future

1 Like

It might be confirmed along with 9 other cars that were confirmed for remodeling.

1 Like

No, the Report would’ve been closed if that was the case. And around half of all model reports are Logged.

5 Likes

19 years old and still going strong! :muscle:t2:

4 Likes

Easily one of the worst car models in Forza.

4 Likes

And in other words, Gran Turismo PS3 had the Made-from-scratch model of the Golf IV, but it’s the 5-door GTI.

2 Likes

I wish that we could see a return of almost all cars having at least 2 performance variants of each. Though in the case of the Golf, if they wanted to include all body types, they’d have to scan each one separately.

2 Likes

Agree, having GTI versions from the Mk6-Mk8 Golf makes sense now, even if the R versions are already in-game (except the Mk6 as it’s not in FM23). Guessing I liked the GTI already. Since the Mk5 Golf didn’t appear in FM5 beyond, GTI should be brought back rescanned while R32 will be 100% new to the game series.

3 Likes

I believe the same case goes to:

• Chevrolet Camaro with SS and ZL1
  • Dodge Challenger with SRT-8, SRT 392, and Hellcat
  • Chevrolet Corvette C6 with Z06 and ZR1
  • Ford Focus with ST and RS
  • Ford Mustang with GT and Shelby GT500

So far and so on. There are some cases that the Highest end trim level isn’t always the best. Even if the Mk6-Mk8 Golfs in-game are just Golf R only, the GTI is also great. As I wanted the Clubsport for Mk7 and 8.

2 Likes