Vinyl Group management

, ,

Hello.

I’ve made a bunch of vinyl groups (in-game editor only) across FH3 and FH4, and it is quite a hassle to import them all into FH5, having to import them one by one.

Is there any easier way to import a lot of vinyl groups across the games?
And since I intend on making a bunch more, does anyone know of a desktop tool to actually manage vinyl groups, ie batch renaming, quickly copy between games (if possible) etc?

Regards,
IzaacB

Keep in mind that there are limits later… Don’t dedicate yourself to importing hundreds because then you won’t be able to create new ones… And not all of them will appear in the creative center.

The same with the liveries, I think they are around 500 but I’m not sure if the vinyls are the same figure.

PS: Welcome.

Maybe group a bunch together, up to the layer limit, then import the group. Pick out the one you want to use as and when.

Oh, didn’t know about the limits, but shouldn’t be there yet, I’m getting close to maybe 100 vinyls now, most of them heavily used on my cars xD

Clever. Didn’t think about that xD That would be very manageable :smiley:
Do you know if ie my son would be able to pick out the ones he wants if I share them, or will the shared vinyl be locked?

I believe it would be locked, but he could cover the ones he didn’t want with a square vinyl in the same colour as the background. But better that he tells you which ones he wants and then you share those.

Once you’ve taken @EamonEejit’s advice and grouped your vinyls together before importing them, you can simply ‘unpack’ them again in FH5.
If they’re your vinyls you can still edit them, so you can turn a group of ten into ten singles again.

1 Like