Traffic Cars Can Now Be Photographed!

Not seen this mentioned, but for anyone else that doesn’t already know, you can now photograph the Traffic Cars and also the cars from the FH5 Stories.

Still a few cars that connot be photographed, such as the unreleased Car Pass cars (for now), the FE version of the AMG FH5 cover car and also the ‘OPI’ and ‘Forza Controller’ promo cars unless you see them in a race.

4 Likes

I’m not sure about this, I literally just tried to photograph 6 unique traffic cars I came upon, and none register for horizon promo.

Yes, I noticed this too over the last week or so - traffic cars don’t show the camera icon over them, but they count towrds the promo challenge when you photo them.

1 Like

I forgot to mention that some cannot be photographed in freeroam for some reason (Bronco, VW Bora, VW Golf, 3 x VW Beetles, Chevy Colorado, Mazda and some others).

Some of the vehicles I did capture in freeroam were the Ford F-150, Transit Van, Subaru Legacy and some others IIRC.

I actually made a highway run (ShareCode: 563 622 933) to enable me to capture some of the traffic cars, but some had to be captured while doing a road sprint.

Quite a few need to be captured while doing Horizon Stories too, such as Alejandra’s Flatbed Truck, Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Bone Shaker, Focus RS, Peugeot 205, Metro 6R4 (the ones with roof logos).

So they can be done, no joke.

Have fun! :+1:

2 Likes

Someone on Reddit mentioned that’s doesn’t work on Horizon Life, but worked on Solo Horizon.

Haven’t tested yet so I can’t confirm.

Yep, saw this a couple weeks back and posted :

Horizon Promo… Fixed? - Forza Horizon 5 / FH5 Troubleshooting - Official Forza Community Forums (forzamotorsport.net)

Also updated some in this other thread :

What Cars I Have Not Photographed? - Forza Horizon 5 / FH5 Discussion - Official Forza Community Forums (forzamotorsport.net)

There’s some hints and tips in both for what works and doesn’t though like so much in this game it seems to depend on “reasons” and varies between users.

It all worked fine for me in Horizon Life, fwiw.

This game never ceases to amaze me how some people can do/see certain things and others can’t.

I’ve reset xbox, and tried every public car I came across, nothing photographs as claimed… who knows anymore.

3 Likes

Yup, I can confirm I was able to photograph all traffic cars during freeroam in Horizon Life, Stories cars in stories as well as Ford GT OPI and 32 Coupe FE in Super7 challenges. AMG One FE seems to be the only one car impossible to catch (except future Car Pass cars of course).

Quick tip from my getting them done earlier, snap photo from front quarter and hit focus first. That worked for some that were camera shy when I tried to rush it out of focus or from behind. For me and a couple anyway, might not work for everyone of course.

2 Likes

Meh, I got 570+ other cars photographed, cant be bothered to try to snap traffic cars that wont register.

1 Like

I think I found a blueprint for the Five-Window Ford and OPI Edition Ford earlier if you’re still looking for them.

Well, I just did a quick test, and it didn’t work in Horizon Life for me, but work like a charm in Solo Horizon. Been able to capture the Beetle, the BMW X5 and the Rubicon.

I’m going to test for the story related cars.

Yes, there is.

I was just about to post it, but took screen shots to prove to any non-believers LoL

How you can get 599 cars when there’s only 580 offically available baffles me, so hopefully the devs will fix that little bug at some point. LoO

So now it’s just the AMG One FE and the two as of yet unreleased Car Pass cars.

2 Likes

Haha, never thought of that. :+1:

How’d you get whitewall beetle? I looked for opi blueprint last week but zip.
Hey Rip.

1 Like

Anyone got a Share Code for a challenge with the Opi? Only search results I get are races full of normal GTs.

Traffic cars:
Managed to get them all. I found that if you go Solo (so more traffic than in Horizon Life) and go on the highway (so lots of cars in quick succession) you can get through them pretty fast.

However the game seems to only load a subset of the traffic fleet each time you load in. I see at most 5 different vehicle models at any given instance. For example, if you see a a bunch of ZR2 or Raptor trucks, you’re not going to get the Merc or Bronco in that some instance. So don’t waste your time endlessly driving around the map hoping for a different traffic vehicle to appear. If you can’t see your missing promo car in the first 30 seconds of a highway run, either switch in and out of Horizon Life and back to Solo, or keep switching car types (like Hyper Car to Classic Muscle) and you’ll see the combination of traffic cars change, and if you’re lucky it’ll be a combination of the fleet with at least one of your missing promo cars.

@Sfumato720 One of the Beetles is the Vocho story. I captured it in Chapter 3 (the first chapter you actually drive it). This might be the one you’re missing? I think the other two are both plain traffic cars.

2 Likes

It popped when I photographed the beetle in one of the early Vocho story missions.

Funnily enough, the Beetle didn’t even have whitewall tyres.

3 Likes

Just search “OPI Ford” under Super7 Challenge Cards.

OPI Ford GT
114 311 476

Ford Deluxe 5-Window FE
142 816 580

4 Likes

Or you could arrange a meet with someone who has the OPI and photograph theirs.

2 Likes