Shocking, Devs what were you thinking?

Even though the game has been absent for several years you can clearly see only 2 years of development have been spent on this game with the first year probably spent on ideas, they could have at least put some effort in, like a random start position button or something because they could not be bothered to implement position vs practice time.

I am really REALLY disappointed, some of the car models are a couple of gen behind, the tracks selection is lacking and the ones we have look yesteryear and this business of saying more will be added in time, they should have added all the tracks from previous games on day one, but no, they are going to drip feed us the tracks that are missing, u watch and ALTERNATE routes to pad them out further.

As for Music, considering there is hardly any music in the game u would have thought what little there is they would have made an effort, but what we got is a grade 2 piano student on a cheap vst instrument trying to make it sound realistic by drowning it in FX (hahaha shouldnā€™t laugh) trying to produce something serviceable that would be more at home in an elevator or a shopping mall in 2002.
As for the sound in game well donā€™t get me started on that, it is all over the place, I think the audio engineer needs a hearing test and the mastering engineer needs to retire. I am really sorry if I come across like an arrogant P, but someone has to say it, we all paid a lot of money for thisā€¦

Usually I would not bother making forum posts like this, but I am so shocked at the low quality for the money I spent on the premium edition I had to say something, developers shame on you and double shame on you because we all know you can do much better than thisā€¦ THING

30 Likes

they will turn the forums off for this game just like did with halo they donā€™t care bro just a money grab humans have become so greedy

15 Likes

We didnā€™t all pay a lot of money for this. Iā€™ve purchased nearly all previous Forza games, but I held off on buying this one knowing that it was coming to Game Pass. And as a Game Pass ā€œlive serviceā€ type game it seems alright. I look forward to a hopefully steady trickle of tracks.

7 Likes

omg help me this world has lost its mind

10 Likes

Nah, just using it to actually think. If I recall correctly, they said theyā€™d be adding new tracks monthly, and if they hold to that we should get a fair number of tracks over time. Which is fine from the perspective of playing it as a Game Pass ā€œlive serviceā€ game. I can understand people who threw down $100 or so for the game being annoyed by that model, but I also donā€™t think it was a big secret - anyone paying attention shouldā€™ve known. I was barely paying attention to anything and I knew.

5 Likes

And you think theyā€™re somehow making these tracks in a months time each? They are clearly holding back completed tracks for player retention and to pat themselves on the back for making such great updates. The point is these tracks should already be in the game and with such a middling to negative reception there might not even be many players left by the time they add them in.

15 Likes

FM is soo good as the graphics and physics are amazing and the cars are fun to drive

1 Like

I think your right and there is so much wrong with this game , the levelling the cars up is boring , the career mode is so dull , and u have to wait ages between races in multiplayer , the graphics havenā€™t jumped 6 years worth itā€™s just like there has been no love or passion in this iteration, shambles really if they donā€™t change the car levelling process then this game will die quickly

7 Likes

Obviously the devs only were thinking about releasing the game this holiday season.

They were not thinking about anything else.

Reading this forum and my personal experience with it shows me that there never was a AAA title launch like this.

Comparing this to the Halo and FH5 launch disaster would do them both wrong.

I do not see any way out of this by later updates. It will forever be the worst Forza title - overtaking even FM5. And for FM5 they had the ā€œreasonā€ that it needed to be launched alongside Xbox One.

Let us all call FM the DUMPSTER FIRE OF GAMES!

5 Likes

I think they almost certainly have some partially complete that they will be finishing up sooner while starting work on some that will be ready later. In a sort of ongoing development cycle. I suppose it would be easier to just cynically assume that everyone is conspiring against my entertainment. Theyā€™re probably keeping all the secret Szechuan McRibs to themselves, too. Darn those sinister developers.

3 Likes

Publishers absolutely cut parts of games out just to repackage it later as new content. All of these ā€˜live serviceā€™ games are the same in this regard, they all miraculously have large content drops ready soon after the games release just as player numbers fall from launch. Player retention is even more relevant to Microsoft in this case, as they want people to stay subscribed to Gamepass.

5 Likes

what just because someone else found something they like? Ti is not the one losing his mind over a game. Priorities. Get Some.

2 Likes

I wish. They are already missing a ton of alt layouts for existing tracks.

4 Likes

" itā€™s just like there has been no love or passion in this iteration"

This!

ā€¦the overall presentation of the game is so boring and flatā€¦ passionless, to use your word.
everything about it feels disappointingly basic, from the menus, to the copied and pasted ā€˜seriesā€™ intro videos, to the utterly useless and unimaginative voiceover while a track loadsā€¦

compared to the presentation in Forza 6, which kept a player engaged by creating a feature-rich game environment that was interesting and dynamic, itā€™s as if this game was made by an entirely different company.

12 Likes

Consider this, by the time this game becomes what you hope it will become, youā€™ll have paid at least double the retail price in subscription feesā€¦ Yeah i understand you get access to tons of other games while you wait, but many if not most of the games will be at the same level of meh, because gamepass inspires the ā€œweā€™ll fix it when we get around to itā€ mentality.

12 Likes

Itā€™s rubbish. You cant say it simpler. Uninstalled, gamepass cancelled, refunded and automobilista 2 purchased as a cheap and much better alternativeā€¦,

9 Likes

True, and i fully support your way of thinking here, @Lens00788814159 ! :rofl:

1 Like

Putting aside that Iā€™m happy enough with the game as is, and if/when it gets better thatā€™s just icingā€¦ Consider this: Itā€™s a subscription I was and would be paying even if Forza Motorsport didnā€™t exist, so itā€™s not something Iā€™m paying for Forza Motorsport.

2 Likes

Well said, this comes across like a committee designed game. Youā€™ll get tons more passion and flair from watching YouTube uploads of Le Mans 1998 in terms of the motorsport ā€œvibeā€.

FM just feels like a maze of menus surrounding a bunch of preset events. It has no passion or soul whatsoever. Thereā€™s not even any consideration for mirroring real world motorsport events or anything.

How long will it be before we can do La Sarthe in a BoP LMP/prototype event that lasts longer than 10-15 minutes? Why do we even have tyre wear and fuel consumption if neither can be manipulated to an outcome different from whatā€™s predetermined before the race?

Nothing about this game is crafted with love for motorsport. Itā€™s just FH with all the fun and silliness ripped out of it. It satiates neither FM or FH fans, only serves to alienate both.

This game represents motorsport as if described to someone 300 years after the death of cars.

15 Likes

They must have a different development team because the old one would never have done this.

3 Likes