RUF CTR 1987-1996 "Yellowbird"

ClClick VOTE above to indicate your interest in this model for Forza Horizon.
Reply below to provide details about the cars you’re requesting.

Click the tags on this topic to find and vote on other similar models.

RUF CTR “Yellowbird”

This model has been represented in Forza games as the

• 1987 RUF CTR Yellowbird (FH1-FH2 | FM4-FM5)

Yeah, if I could vote for this, more than once, I’d keep doing it for hours on end. One of my favorite cars of all time. And for the record, Porsche and RUF still coexist in racing games.

7 Likes

This is simply one of the most legendary 911s, and it isn’t even made by Porsche. The CTR Yellowbird has 469 PS from a twin-turbo 3,4-liter Flat-6, 140 more than the contemporary 930 Turbo. That, and the super-low 1150 kg weight helped it to be the fastest car in the world at 342 km/h from 1987-1993, until the McLaren F1 came along. The CTR also starred in which could be considered one of the first viral automotive videos, with footage of a Yellowbird being hooned around the Nürburgring in 1989 becoming world-famous. Around 50 were made, with 29 original cars and the rest converted from 911s. With the world seemingly obsessed with 964 restomods of late, the CTR shows that a contemporary, well-done improvement of the air-cooled 911 could be even more desirable.

10 Likes

RUF CTR Yellowbird

11 Likes

I was annoyed it was there instead of Porsche in FM4, but now I kind of miss it’s gone.

2 Likes

Why is it we can have Ford, Hennessey Saleen and Shelby but not Porsche and Ruf