Rear View Mirror - The Year in Racing 2016

The year end wrap up of what happened int he world of racing is here for your enjoyment and consumption.

Once you have read this you can consider yourself a racing expert. Until 2017 that is, then it starts all over again.

Johniwanna

1 Like

Always enjoyed your write-ups on the various motorsport events you covered. Don’t get a chance to see many of them (silly work hours and no pay tv) so your articles are great, short yet informative. In 2016 I still managed to attend a few rounds of the V8’s including the Sydney Supersprint and the Bathurst 1000 plus World Time Attack and my fave, the Bathurst 12 Hour. Less than 37 days to go till I am back to Bathurst for the 2017 12 hour.

Make sure you check out the Bathurst 12 hour this time. 1st weekend of February we get 61 cars, most of them GT3’s, international GT drivers mixing it with local V8 drivers trying to keep off the walls of Mt Panorama for 12 hours.
One of my shots of the #1 Nissan Nismo GTR GT3 exiting The Chase.

It was a good year indeed that saw us segue into the final year of Forza Motorsport 6 series on Xbox One and first year the 3rd edition of Forza Horizon, 2nd Xbox One, Forza Horizon 3. Can’t wait to see what this summer brings us with the announcement Forza Motorsport 7! I wonder what the showcase car will be for FM7…hmmmmm.