Performance - Infinite Loading Screen in multiplayer when changing car (1869603)

After joining an online Multiplayer event and picking a car, I occasionally get stuck in this Loading Screen below.

F̵o̵r̵ ̵m̵e̵,̵ ̵t̵h̵i̵s̵ ̵o̵n̵l̵y̵ ̵h̵a̵p̵p̵e̵n̵s̵ ̵i̵n̵ ̵o̵p̵e̵n̵ ̵c̵l̵a̵s̵s̵ ̵M̵u̵l̵t̵i̵p̵l̵a̵y̵e̵r̵ ̵r̵a̵c̵e̵s̵ ̵a̵n̵d̵ ̵t̵h̵e̵ ̵c̵u̵r̵r̵e̵n̵t̵ ̵s̵p̵o̵t̵l̵i̵g̵h̵t̵ ̵e̵v̵e̵n̵t̵.̵ ̵S̵p̵e̵c̵ ̵s̵e̵r̵i̵e̵s̵ ̵l̵i̵k̵e̵ ̵T̵C̵ ̵o̵r̵ ̵G̵T̵ ̵s̵e̵e̵m̵ ̵n̵o̵t̵ ̵t̵o̵ ̵b̵e̵ ̵a̵f̵f̵e̵c̵t̵e̵d̵ ̵b̵y̵ ̵t̵h̵i̵s̵.

Update: It can happen in any multiplayer lobby!

I have the same problem. I get stuck in the current spotlight event all the time ;/

1 Like

Yeah, so another annoying bug, the hang on load.

1. go featured MP
  2. selected event
  3. find server and connect
  4. select car
  5. hang

I even have a fix for it, wait for the next event to unlock… this can take 15 minutes. I mean, turn 10, if you want to shrink the player base, you’re on point, I won’t leave the game open to skip the first event available each time I want to play. That’s not serious

1 Like

Selecting Car, Crash before race… as if the car file is corrupt or something…

This is happening to me too guys. My current work around that works is once the screen pops up to select a car, just press the B button and it will exit and whatever car you previously used will be selected.

Then you can select another car as normal.

1 Like

Happened to me several times

Lmk if that workaround works for all of you.

Update: It still happens to me and other players across all kind of lobbies and platforms and your workaround works perfectly fine.

1 Like

Word.

Same issue on my end.

Hi. I have exactly the same problem :triumph:

Edit: I uninstalled the entire FM, wiped the memory and reinstalled the FM. The whole problem disappeared and so far everything works perfectly :green_heart:

Same problem in multiplayer mode, very annoying !

@Peete_CZE , I’ll try this

I’m having this error frequently after the update, both on Lotus 3-Eleven series and Touring Cars.
I’ll try reinstalling.

still happening to me as of Update 12!

@T10ManteoMax Can we get this acknowledged please? It’s a wildly spread issue for weeks now!

i’m playing on xbox and it’s annoying how frequent this happens

@JetPartySalad shouldn’t this thread be moved to Known Issues?