Penalty for frivolous cheating accusation reporting?

you must have misunderstood me. I was saying that I didn’t cheat, and that the automation got it wrong, and it required a human review and they reversed it. I wasn’t lucky, I just didn’t cheat.

3 Likes

also I still think it’s speculation that they use automation, I don’t even see how it’s possible every single second of every race. I think players false-reporting each other is a big part of the problem

1 Like

absolutely correct. but as annoying as it was, I can’t think of a better way to do it in such a big game.

2 Likes

also Ive only seen/heard 3 names in enforcement, it’s definitely a small team.

2 Likes

When I report a player I basically always upload an unlisted YT video. As these aren’t publicly visible I can get from the view count if somebody that got the link actually watched them which is always the case. I doubt they’ve an algorithm that’s able to do that so there seems to be some manual work involved.

Hopefully they have some automated processes to check game file integrity to the proper untouched game.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s the way it works. I mean I’m providing them with the exact date and time in the video title or description (like for example: Forza Horizon 5 2023-05-30 09-50-04) but I doubt that everybody does. If they’d compare it to server data (which I doubt they have/store) they’d need and ask for the exact time and not only date and in which lobby it happened. If they really store any server data they could randomly check for people that are using mod menus and impossible things going on but they don’t seem to. If I provide them with a video that shows repeated intentional ramming or wall riding they seem to rely and act on that (at least partially).

They may check for file integrity and if you’re running something in the background at the start-up but as soon as that is through that seems to be it. They don’t seem to do random checks in the running game. That’s why these “injecting” mod menus are working I’d say. It’s completely nuts at the moment again with the whole AI getting despawned at the start of a race or getting slowed down in a very suspicious manner. I’m quite sure that a lot of players are using speed and gravity multipliers which they’ve bumped up only so far that it doesn’t is straight out obvious but still gives them an unfair advantage.

I’m also quite sure that mod menus for consoles are existing. They do for other games so why shouldn’t they for this one?

If that really would be the case stuff like this shouldn’t happen…or the mod menus are simply circumventing the checks somehow.

I send them links to YT videos and don’t upload videos directly.

I doubt they can look into specific races.

This is nonsense on multiple levels.

They tell you to provide a screenshot, clip or replay and tell you a way how to upload them but that’s not the only one they’re going to accept. I know this for a fact. A YT link is as good as one to gamerdvr. Which is also a third party site just to mention it.
Additionally they don’t even mention how to do it with AMD software which is an other hint that this is just one way to save a screenshot or replay. I’m for example recording the races via the gamebar instead of their mentioned way.

To manipulate a screenshot is one thing. Fiddling with a video is something completely different and would involve much more work which presumably nobody would invest.
If I’m sending them YT replays they’ll get the full race. If somebody is repeatedly intenionally ramming or wall riding for example the facts are crystal clear and they’d presumably even act if you’d send them something recorded on a mobile phone or what ever. If it clearly shows the violation they won’t ignore it.

I doubt they have every single race stored and therefore presumably don’t spend the time to cross check with uploaded videos. That is simply too much work.

I’m regularly contacting the safety team via the support and if I’d just waste their time with YT links they’d presumably have long told me and informed me that they won’t act on this way of reporting. I’m not monitoring each and every player but with some I know that they at least had a timeout which indicates they actually act if they see something they consider a violation. That they’re watching the videos which is indicated by the view count as I’ve already told you above is an other hint that this is a perfectly fine way of reporting.

1 Like

They also state this on the respective support page.

Unsportsmanlike Conduct

• Shared Replay: You must share a saved replay file for us to investigate.

• At the end of the race in the Post-Race menu, select SAVE REPLAY.
    • Give your replay file a unique name with up to 16 characters that helps describe the incident (Ramming Lap5) for example.
    • In the text description field, include additional details such as lap # or race time when the incident occurred.
    • Include your gamertag and replay file name in your submitted ticket.

This isn’t possible with Horizon Tours for example as the option to save a replay in the Post-Race menu simply doesn’t exists. IIRC that’s the case for all online races in Horizon and you can only save replays in SP this way.

@T10ManteoMax Max, can you please check back with Luke or somebody else from the Safety Team and ask them if providing them with a link to a Youtube video also is a proper way to file a report?

It’s not about not making mistakes. It’s about deliberately ramming other players multiple times, permanent wall-riding where possible to get an advantage and outright cheating. Go and drive some Tours and tell me there isn’t a problem with players doing exactly that.

How I’m hurting the game with reporting such scum only your twisted mind knows.

I don’t know what your understanding of “Horizon style” is but mine surely isn’t a reincarnation of Destruction Derby. The CoC is there for a reason. Sorry, if that upsets you.

The 50GB are what I had recorded in total at the time as I’m simply recording basically every MP race just to be safe. It’s not the number of recorded/reported CoC violations. I’ve enough free space so it doesn’t bothers me much.

Besides that you’re just posting and going off topic to pull my leg again. You simply seem to be unable to let it go for what ever reason. Grow up!

Since the attachment size limit is small, the team does take various links (YouTube or otherwise) to saved video for review. We do recommend keeping these private, but as long as the team can see the video through a link, yes, they rely on that.

2 Likes

Thank you for the clarification. I always put these YT videos on “not listed” so they aren’t publicly accessible.

I doubt it’s 75% but it’s obviously a higher two digit number. Banning such players wouldn’t be much of a problem as they’ve paid already.

Yes, in some aspects it’s really bad. There should be an tutorial on how to behave that you can’t avoid and have to play when you enter the game. It also would be helpful to show the people how to actually tune and setup a car correctly. Way to many players just throw power upgrades on to their car and completely neglect handling which results in them becoming a nuisance in the first real corner. Things like offroad and mud tires should be forbidden in asphalt races for the same reason as they simply mess up the power balance and lead to people cornering like drunken sailors. A proper tutorial on how to take corners correctly would also help I guess.

About the corner slowdown. I guess that was in Open as no other mode has that IIRC. I also don’t like it. The same goes for the ghosting. It simply ruins the immersion IMO. That’s why I resort to Tours instead. The problem here is the messed up AI and that some players simply didn’t get that it’s a team event. It’s still better than Open with all the testosterone laden egomania. Besides that I also like the themed racing it partially offers.
I don’t know why some people don’t get penalised for hitting walls in Open. I guess it has to do with the angle of impact and the speed. Maybe there’s also a way to circumvent it via mod menus like it seems to be the case with checkpoints.

Besides that. If more players would take the time to actually report at least the worst offenders the support would maybe get how big the problem actually is. It would also help to weed out at least the players that are a real and permanent problem as their names would come up over and over again. Which could lead to the support actually taking more drastic actions than just handing out the usual slap on the wrist that most of this scum seems to get.

1 Like

This. Had the same so many times myself, before like you I stopped playing MP (or much of anything in the game - 20 point club).

Often it seemed like it was race dependent, as in, for Race X I’d get the slow down for any kind of contact but the same “team mate” could bounce off corners at will and keep zipping along. Then in Race Y I’d get away with slams that I fully expected a slow down for. I wondered if it might be car dependent (a “hit box” or something ?) and noticed that I could manage fewer slow downs if I could keep the contact to the rear quarter only, usually.

But all in all, if it wasn’t cheating on the part of others then it was, and far more likely, just as you say, how broken things are.

1 Like

Reported my first player today after he couldn’t accept getting overtaken on the finish straight after he messed up. Curious to see what happens.

I knew I wouldn’t receive the detailed action taken due to privacy laws inside the CoC if any has been taken.
But I simply got an automated makro answer with the standard “we’re investigating” stuff and no info if any action will be taken. Ticket is marked as “solved”.
It was an in-game action so I provided them the clip. Evidence should be there.
In the end I’ll never know if all that time investment is worth a thing.
Probably best to just accept unsporty behaviour and move on.

Since it’s publicly available anyway: https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/rayne-se/video/176518846
He divebombed another player and me in the previous lobby and pushed the guy in last outside a checkpoint to get to 1st.
After that move against me I thought it was enough.

Good for you ? :roll_eyes:

You nailed it. The whole “privacy” claim is… hogwash… all the actions are PUBLIC and any right to privacy is voluntarily relinquished by all parties in participating.

1 Like

I don’t think that is any reasonable person’s intent. Just that justice be seen to be done… “Gamer X is banned for Y because Z” and I’d say let it be public as a warning to others. They did Z in public after all.

Which would also clear up the many times I’ve heard “I don’t even know why I was banned.” (and not just in this game). They aren’t even telling the people they ban why they got banned. In what world does that make any sense ?

1 Like