Penalty for frivolous cheating accusation reporting?

Gilles is very clearly not pro-PGG. I think you are getting them confused with someone else.

5 Likes

No Jezza, Iā€™m quite sure I donā€™t!

Yes, you are.

Youā€™ve got riled up by something I said and your ability to think has gone out of the window, there are at least 3 people who visit here every so often who have me down as someone who hates every single thing about the game, and anyone who takes the slightest bit of notice would see how often I criticise it.

3 Likes

Why kids be like this, when some of us are skilled, while they are not, and they think weā€™re cheating when we are just better in some aspects, but when we lose once they say Iā€™m better etc.

1 Like

(deleted)

I was banned for a week for supposedly ramming someone in the eliminator. I did not ram anyone. But the sore loser said I had another player ram him to help me. I did not do that either. Tried fighting it to get it reversed but was not successful.

Stupid on so many levels. Eliminator being the one designed and marketed as no rules no holds barred mode in the game being the biggest. The only thing that should get one banned in it is running an actual cheat of some kind or flaunting the standard ā€œdecencyā€ rules. Not any vehicular combat, period.

And some people think this Stasi style inform on your comrades ā€œnewā€ CoC enforcement is going to fix anything :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Teaming in a single player mode counts, IMO, and thatā€™s the accusation here.

Donā€™t get me wrong, Iā€™m not saying PyTechSean did anything to deserve a ban, Iā€™m just disagreeing with Not_Here_Tooā€™s opinion that anything other than hacking goes.

I beat an AMG in the Beetle early tonight in Eliminator,nowt special,he hit a bridge. I kept a recording of it tho cos at the finish he prob still thought heā€™d win,but i jumped off the top of a hill to the finish and pipped him.I doubt he saw me,i was flying above him. He might well work out what happened, or, more likely, not even bother about it,but just to be on the safe side iā€™ll be keeping the recording for now

1 Like

And thereā€™s the rub. Everyone is now guilty until proven innocent at the whim of every (redactedā€¦ not THAT redacted :wink: ). And even naive but mistaken reports of what looks dodgy to one user. So yep, if youā€™re still playing multiplayer in this game record, record, record. And good luck finding someone to look at it if you are banned.

6 Likes

I think this is a better system than before. I got a 1 week ban for using abbreviated profanity in a blueprint title, I think 1 day would have been a fair warning. they have a better escalation and warning process now, and I havenā€™t heard of anyone being banned for anything dumb yet. the panic over incidental contact is a bit premature.

Iā€™ve also been banned for false cheating accusations, and T10 lifted the ban upon appeal within 1 hour. it wasnā€™t a perfect experience, but they are trying to get it right. you all know Iā€™m def not a dev apologist, but do have an ok back and forth with them, and theyā€™ve been aware of false-reporting in rivals at least since I made a big deal out of it 8-9 months ago, and theyā€™re also hip to sepiā€™s screenshot trick.

I was also banned 2 weeks for ramming once, it was unfriendly of me and I was appropriately punished. so theres ups and downs, itā€™s been inconsistent in terms of enforcement, but thatā€™s going to be the case in a game with 20k people banging into each other every day.

my question is, is more or less enforcement better? the complaints and worries seem pretty split down the middle.

2 Likes

Good insight geistwriter, I hope itā€™s the norm, sounds like things more or less work. I think consistency (well, consistently GOOD enforcement and response to be clear) is the key. Thatā€™s where Iā€™m not sold, yet, based on past experience. IF they can do that then the ā€œmore or less enforcementā€ question will sort itself. And sorry, but saying itā€™s too big a job with 20K players, even 200K players, no, thatā€™s just an excuse imo. And a poor one. Donā€™t let them off the hook with that.

1 Like

without letting them off the hook, I think the ability to review incidents suffers because of the exponential ratio of players to devs. itā€™s just plain math, it costs a ton of money in man-hours, and they have to consider how much is worth it.

I agree consistency is the goal, and cutting down on frivolous reporting is an important step. there needs to be a clear statement and warning system re: that behavior.

but where I was afraid of auto-banning in the past, I donā€™t think thatā€™s actually happening. Iā€™m also afraid the alternative to enforcement is nerfing all the races to Open-style with ghosting and slowdowns, which would actually make me quit forever.

1 Like

Agree on the man hours value issue, but not sure why it couldnā€™t be better automatedā€¦ er, well, yeah, sure thereā€™s issues there too. Weā€™re kind of stuck with the current build as far as that goes I guess.

1 Like

to clarify, I do Tour instead of Open, I prefer contact and/or trying to avoid it

1 Like

automation is kinda scary, and I suspect they might have tried it and it didnā€™t go well

1 Like

Quite possible. Iā€™d never thought they might have already tried it.

1 Like

I thought maybe when I got banned for a speed hack and it was reversed. quite possibly a filter caught it and human eyes reversed it. it was a tricky spot with an almost unrealistic speed boost.

I suppose automation could narrow down their review process to appeals-only, but thatā€™s a ban-first ask questions later policy that puts the burden on players, not the type of environment theyre going for

2 Likes

Iā€™ve recorded over 50GB of races by now. Which is no problem for me because Iā€™ve enough storage place. But this maybe isnā€™t the case for everybody.

Iā€™ve asked the support how far theyā€™re going back with considering reported incidents but unfortunately didnā€™t got an answer. It would really be good to know for how long one should keep the records.