PC Specs for FH5

Forza Horizon 5 | Minimum to Ideal PC Specs

https://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/forza-horizon-5-pc-specs

“To deliver the best possible experience to all of our PC players, we have updated our minimum specifications from the previous estimate given on the Microsoft Store and Steam.”

The PC version of Forza Horizon 5 also supports 21:9 ultrawide displays.

Hello guys, what do think? Will GTX 1050 ti be able to run Forza Horizon 5 at 1080p?

Will i still be able to run forza horizon 5 at lowest settings with 2gb vram? I remember when that the previous minimmum requirements for vram was 2 gb when I was pre-ordering the game. I have met all of the requirements other than the 4gb vram requirement.
These are my laptop specs:
i5-1135g7
12gb ram
iris xe
mx350(performing similar to a gtx 750 desktop or a gtx 1050 max q for mobile)

I really hope I can run horizon 5 on my laptop as I recently just got a brand new laptop and pre ordered the premium version to play on my xbox one and laptop :slight_smile:

I’m a bit confused by the specs as they aren’t saying what resolution the different levels are at. Are they targeting 1080, 1440 or 4k in the three scenarios? Do I need a 3080 to crank everything up at 1080p??? This is why we need a PC demo at least. Right now I run everything maxed out (AA included) in FH4 with a 980 TI at 1080p and have zero issues getting 60fps in most parts of the map. Will 5 need a 3080 to do that or is that for a higher resolution? I honestly can’t risk buying until I know for sure because I refuse to play at all if I have to dumb down graphic settings.

The GPUs give pretty good indicators…whilst they may not be explicitly targeting each resolution, those 3 fit in with 1080, 1440 and 4k respectively, especially given a 3080 is a 4k graphics card

At 1080p, I imagine FH5 will be fairly similar to FH4…you may take an fps hit at Ultra settings, maybe may have to turn some settings down slightly. It’s difficult to say for certain…I’d like to say that FH5 won’t be a massive step up in terms of CPU and GPU usage…then again, when I see that it will be running at 30fps on a Series X (albeit with the ability to turn on performance mode for 60fps), it does make me wonder.

Hard to imagine that the “ideal” spec isn’t targeting either 4k, ray tracing, or both.

The 980ti will likely take a performance hit compared to 4 thanks to the photogrammetry and the VRAM hungry nature of the engine, but I suspect you’ll still be able to turn on everything but ray tracing (if it’s even an option outside of forzavista) and play just fine at 1080p. You’ll probably not be able to do the 8xMSAA, you might even have to go FXAA, but you’ll have some form of AA. Remember this game is coming out on the Xbox One too. Your computer still destroys that thing.

1 Like

Ray Tracing isn’t an option apart from ForzaVista.

hi can i run forza 5 in my pc ty here is my spec :slight_smile: god blees

Intel Core i9-10900 CPU 2.80GHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8gb
RAM
32 GB

Windows 10

Yes

Forza Horizon 5 Minimum PC requirements
OS – Windows 10 version 1909 or higher.
CPU – AMD Ryzen 3 1200 / Intel Core i5-4460.
RAM – 8GB.
GPU - AMD Radeon RX 570 / Nvidia GeForce GTX 970.
Storage – 110GB available (HDD or SDD)
You are well over the minimum spec.
I would recommend the Steam version so you have no chance of windows store launching game issues that always seem to crop up with these games.

ok ty for help do i need to buy it from steam or microsoft store? ty btw ive got fh4 from windows store and its work good

In that case I guess it’s up to you. I have an Xbox Series X and I will play it there more and since Ultimate gives me PC access anyway I’ll stick with that. (Windows store) If I was PC only I would buy it on Steam. My PC is old and will only run H5 on very low settings most likely if at all at this point.

1 Like

My setup is:

i7 7700k
GTX 1050ti
16 GB DDR4 2400MHz

I can run Horizon 4 on ultra at 40-50 fps. I’ll be able to run Horizon 4 on high at 1080p, I believe.

will fh5 run on
xeon e3 1230 v2/i7 3770(k)
16gb ram
gtx 1070
(resolution 1920x1080)
?

similar to fh4?

If you have played Forza Horizon 4 and are wondering, whether your PC meets requirements of FH5, this comparison might be helpful. I compared performance of the games on each graphics settings preset from Low to Extreme in 1080p, 1440p and 4K resolutions. I hope it helps anyone :smiley:

Forza Horizon 5 vs Forza Horizon 4 | Requirements Comparison | Testing FPS