Online races are dumb?

Hey guys, I just fired my first Horizon open race and…was rather pathetic.
Basically everyone pushes you out even on straights, it’s a trollfest where you can smell 12yo pee…is there a ranked system?
Something where people can play a RACING game or have I wasted time on fortnite? :confused:

1 Like

Welcome to Horizon Fortnite.

3 Likes

Well I don’t care how Fortnity the game is, children have the right to brawl and look cool, that’s their problem.
I just wonder if there’s an intelligent mode where you drive and intentional crashes are punished (because come on, the physics in this game are rather cool for an arcade experience).

1 Like

No this is it, for now. There is no ranked mode any more.

1 Like

Today in a blue vs red race, my team mate bumped me out of a checkpoint when I was overtaking him. I just stopped racing. Losing my +600 points made us lose the full championship. [Mod edit - WSD - Profanity and alluding to profanity is against the ToS]

2 Likes

i will do this too!

its like some players think they need to be 1st place … hello! we are a team racing against the AI
no need to bump, ram or push me or any of your team off the line.
we need to be the AI not each other!

you intentionally act like a jerk … i will wait out how ever many rounds there are left, gather my xp/cr and find a team who wants to works together!

1 Like

[Mod edit - WSD - Profanity and alluding to profanity is against the ToS], well good thing I waited for buying the premium :'D that’s good to know…although it’s sad :frowning:

You might like this video which sums up the online experience…

3 Likes

Just representative of what I’m thinking. I played the CC race offline and I was continuously thinking, yeah, good those damned wall in all turns are gone, that tunnel is very tight, any hit, race finished, but hey, online is going to be even more ramming festival … well …

I just don’t get in what context someone could consider being fun to be rammed out of a checkpoint like it was part of the expected way to play the game ( note it is still part of enforcement actions as visible below) . And from the other point of view, how ramming can be anything else than basic rage/anger/refusal to play the game as it should be played expression.

What the video misses is what has been witnessed by many being that someone can do the whole race seemingly racing clean with others while being seen by mate as ramming all the way long. That sync issue already existed on previous FH but it looks like it reached a full new top level.

The Big 4
At Turn 10, we look at four broad categories of enforcement action. These apply to Forza Titles, Forza Discord, Forza forums and Forza streams.
Xbox Live platform content – this is account-level content such as Gamertag, Gamerpic, profile, Xbox Clubs, Xbox Live messaging, party voice chat.
Unsportsmanlike conduct – this pertains mainly intentional race disruption, such as wrecking, ramming, spearing, and shoving.

1 Like

Oh well it all comes down to frustration, people just can’t win anything in their lives (and it’s not just kids not being able to get their favourite candy, there’s lots of adults who can’t stand up to their partners) and therefore try to easy disturb the others.

It’s a way to let people know that they exist, without it we wouldn’t even talk about them and their online life would be as useless as the real one o_O you know, like a baby screaming to get attentions…I’d call it basic survival.

What bothers me is that everybody knows it, everybody knows that you need to have the playground for brain damaged people that just like to make a mess and like to be kicked out of checkpoints (because yea, there’s people who like being punished, probably they like to replicate real life situations) and nothing has been done to create a good place for racing.

Don’t get me wrong I love this game but the Solo experience is plagued by a broken AI, the online experience is plagued by broken brains, what’s the point of collecting cars and doing things?
It’s like a big solo game of collecting achievements, there’s no endgame here, not even close D:

1 Like

Thanks, I’m new to Forza & it is mind-boggling.

Races pay out very little.

I don’t even blame the majority of players frankly. In open racing online you can’t choose your car class or surface preference, which is laughable, so if you get a decent connection and manage not to get disconnected you’re going to have players wanting to race cross country, for example, and forced to sit through a road race using S1 cars, and naturally they’re going to be all over the track. They may not even care about that series of road races and are merely waiting for the event to cycle. Not giving the players choice in what car they want to race is unforgivable in today’s multiplayer environment. Being forced to race through a mixed surface race or choose to disconnect and find another game (given the current terrible state of connectivity) isn’t much of a choice. I don’t blame the players, I blame the game for basically trying to force some players to play content they’re not interested in.

1 Like

O_o so what, since you’re “sitting” through a road race you just ruin other people’s game?
Life must suck really hard for people to do that :'D “hey mom, my life sucks, look I’m breaking stuff, I’m a punk”

Cool so basically this game is trash after first week, geez x_x

I said you’re and your and they. That refers to others. I’m the one WAITING (forever, I may add) for an online race in S1. My post was saying I don’t blame other players for being all over the track, given the current design decisions disallowing players to choose their car class and track surface. Given the disconnection issues, those players are joining races they don’t want to join simply waiting for the next even to cycle.

Umm? I know u can’t pick what road surface or what div but it does tell you what the conditions are so u can pick the appropriate car for the race conditions for those 5 races. Why would someone just pick a street car with no off road setup just because they want to race street? Sounds more like a entitled brat just throwing a tantrum because it’s not what they wanted . Your Parents must be so proud

1 Like

Correct, IF I wanted to race cross country or mixed surface races. However, if I ONLY want to race S1 or class A, I cannot choose to find races in online for that specific class or road surface. I’m given ONE single option when I go to the online menu if I want to road race. If it’s mixed surface or cross country I then have to literally exit out and load up another race and see what option they offer up. If I don’t like it, I have to do it again. And again. This isn’t a tantrum, this is the end of 2021, in an online game spouting racing freedom. Even FH4 allowed you to choose what class of car and what road surface you wanted to drive online. To be given ONE option, out of THOUSANDS of races currently going on online, is obviously laughable. I’d be happy, tbh with just 5 options, and even that isn’t comparable with what most companies offer in online competitive matchmaking.

1 Like

EXACTLY!!!

I understand and feel your pain, this game just went casual, we have to deal with it, racing is secondary, it’s just about having people play whatever :confused:

1 Like

I just wish the online Lobby’s for races would not get stuck in Fast Traveling To Destination for over 5-10 mins due to 1 player leaving during loading

2 Likes