Not enough Vram

Bug Info: Open R class le man got vram error and checked use, restarted game, cleared ram game ran fine. Have got the error 3 times recently. Only when playing multiple races in one session.
I completed road to race (Aston Martin) then went to open R. The first race errored on the first lap of practice with 12006mb Vram. Restarted game and played again Vram was 10500mb.
Platform: PC (amd 5700x, 6700xt, 32gb, NVME)
Edition: Game Pass
Account: Family sharing
PC GPU: 6700XT amd 24.20.01.02
Peripheral: Fanatec DD
Settings: RT OFF. Ultra graphics
Xbox Settings: n/a
Attempted fixes: Restart game
Content Update: Yes but am unsure which update introduced the error as it only occurs intermittently.

Have run latest update and the issue continues.
Display settings say estimated Vram use is 7411mb.
Did an S class open at Maple then started the Jordan Luka races.

i have everything on “high”, estamated says 6900~, but actual usage is closer to 9200~(gpu:A770(le))
monitor vram in task manager(ctrl+shift+esc) and consider changing settings if full

maybe not a fix but may help: enable re-bar/Smart-Acces-Memory if you are able, update 12 has performance improvements for that (but it may auto-magicly increase accesable vram(ram to vram protocol via pcie bypassing cpu))

good luck

Smart Access Memory is active.
My use monitor is in the first post 10500mb - 11500mb in nearly every race.
I can play an entire tour fine. Looks amazing and runs over 90fps 1440p.

It is only when I finish a tour and choose another that I get the error.
I can restart the game and continue just fine.

ive done some test drives
-le mans seems to be the the worst case scenario for vram
-but the tour’s(career) does seem to add extra usage
-the fact you get the “error”, is because you have reached the limit(does not excuse the buildup on the game’s end)
-after 1 lap(at start/finish) and going into result screen(race end), increases vram by 100 or 200mb

with a clean startup, free play on le mans, vram max=11700
after loading free play nurburgring and a few others, then le mans again, vram max=11400(other factors? like browser?)
then i loaded 5 diffrent tours, doing 1 lap in each practice and race
went back to free play on le mans, vram max=12600
BUT! things like fullscreening a youtube video also adds 400+ mb in vram, consider all programs that could eat vram(im minimalist, i have none exept browser and xbox app, each could be 200mb)

so im wondering…
whats the diffrents between free play vs career(tour) that causes the buildup
cinematics? practice?(affect multiplay??)

your fix for now is managing vram, you have 12gb, le mans is a risk factor for you atm
“livery quality” from ultra to high, seems to be a big one

p.s./extra: forza motorsport is one of the few games that actually go this high in vram, most games are designed for 8gb, because thats what most people have

Have run DDU and re-installed drivers.
I was using a beta driver from AMD (24.20.01.02).
Now on AMD 24.8.1 and first tests Vram use is much improved.

1 Like