New FRICTION assist, massively OP in the wet.

How can anyone watch nightmares video and say that friction assit isn’t and won’t be used for cheating. Further more I ask again what are beginner hoppers. T10 have already said multiplayer is for the most part unchanged. To me that means all hoppers are beginner hoppers and anyone who’s played the standard hoppers would agree that’s a fair description.

I can tell you this for sure traction assit is nothing like assited steering or breaking, these assits slow you down and rightly so. If friction assit is enabled in the hoppers it will most certainly be a complete disaster, it will ruin any serious players experince online

“We will be disabling this assist for rivals events …”

OK, so, you can’t use it to cheat in rivals.

“… and some multiplayer hoppers.”

If the hopper you join allows it, use it. If the hopper you join doesn’t allow it, you can’t use it.

So ---- just exactly how do you plan to use Friction Assist to cheat?

1 Like

What is the problem with that feature. In singleplayer you dont have to use it, and people who using it… not your problem. In multiplayer it will be only available in beginner Lobbys. And there will be 2 Hoppers for Beginners, Basics lobby and the C-Class Starter lobby. WHATS THE PROBLEM WITH THAT?!?

1 Like

As usual the problem is lack of info, speculation and contradiction of the facts from t10. I hope it is only restricted to the 2 beginner hoppers, if that’s the case then I will be happy but forgive me for being sceptical. Who do u belive Dan or bill?

1 Like

With you on this TYSKIE. Seems to have been a little bit of misinformation and misdirection here and there. Unfortunately those of us that have pre-ordered will only truly find out next week.

1 Like

True, but 2 T10 employees have confirmed that it won’t be allowed in the non-beginner multiplayer modes.

I would lean towards Bill over Dan since Bill is really the person over FM7. Dan seems too high a level these days.

Only way to know is try it out in rivals and hoppers to ensure it can’t br used.

Overall I’m no too worried about it since T10 stepped in reassure us.

1 Like

Yep like you say Swerve 2 T10 officials have made statements to clarify this, and both statements say the same thing.
My original post has updates on it now and has been for not to far off 48hrs.
At this point I would be happy to accept what we have now been told.

That is exactly my thoughts on this too. I am very skeptical as to whether or not it will be restricted as they say. I’m relatively new to Forza and would like to continue playing it. However, I feel there are already too many issues that ruin public lobbies as is. TCS is an assist that I feel should only be used by beginners, yet its widespread and many of the top players use it. You have Jeeps, Broncos, and VW buses that are just a joke in the lobbies now. Giving these vehicles an assist that would limit their friction would make it crazy and even more unrealistic than it already is. If its limited to just a small number of hoppers, then I’ll shut up and happily move on. However, “beginner lobbies” can be interpreted many ways. Until this is clarified, we don’t really know.

Even if it is limited, I still really don’t like it. Its not realistic and has no place in the game. There are tons of cheaters who play this game and they will abuse this assists every chance they get. How about the person that is a beginner and wants to learn to play the game properly? So, he or she (my youngest son falls into this category), goes into the beginner lobbies to try to work on their skills. They will be bombarded by people using this assist to cut every corner in the game. These same players already do this, but lose time on most tracks because of friction. You’ll have VW buses with only 3.2 handling running Silverstone in the rain and making it miserable for anyone that wants to play the game properly. Its not a matter of joining the cheaters and turning the assist on, it just shouldn’t be there at all.

Forza is a great game. However, people who play other games regularly will all tell you that the biggest problem with Forza is the insanity that can be online play. Forza really needed to do something to clean this up, this assist is a major step in the wrong direction.

2 Likes

Did you read the first post? Do that please!!!

Yes, indeed i did. But, based on my own experience, i will only believe it with my own eyes once i see it.

You believe every word that has been said? Like i stated … contradictory or vague statements from T10 themselves only serve to muddy the waters not clarify them. Bill says its only in beginner lobbies. Thats fine and brilliant. Just need them to clarify what they mean by beginner lobbies, are the lower league tiers classed as beginner?

Not trying to be awkward myself, i want Forza 7 to succeed as much as anyone. Its not exactly as i would like it, but thats life. You dont always get everything you want. Perhaps i am being overly cautious of trusting everything that has been said, implied or speculated, but thats only to soften the potential disappointment of Forza 7 not being a game i really enjoy.

1 Like

Not only Bill said that.

I agree Don…the rules are the same for everyone who plays in that hopper which assists you turn on or off in that hopper is up to you but the options are the same for everybody…that’s not cheating!

It’s not cheating but it does cheapen gameplay, in that sense it reminds me of auto rotation in the battlefield series. Those who aren’t familiar with what i’m talking about, it’s an assist that snaps your crosshairs to the center of the enemy’s chest when you aim down sights in their general direction. Pretty much negating the skill of knowing how to acquire targets, all in the name of making the snowflake generation of gamers happy. Sad really…

You dont have to use it!!! Its for kids or people with disability!!!

Ok. Does anyone consider cutting chicanes and corners cheating? Surely an assist that makes it easier to control while doing so is perhaps a touch dodgy.

But of course nobody would ever think of using it just to win a race no matter the cost. Just like those poor souls who cant quite keep their cars on the Yas Marina track.

1 Like

OP:
Those are some very interesting results from the test you did. I’m curious, and this is primarily for single player, if the friction assist affects only you or if it also affects the AI?

From the description it doesn’t seem to be something that affects your car specifically such as stability control traction control or abs. It seems more like an environment modifier so I’m curious if it only affects the player.

1 Like

That’s an interesting question and not one I think I can fully answer. The friction assist did not appear to hinder or enhance any of the other assists in testing and by the same token did not appear to change the handling characteristics of the car.
Which would leave me inclined to align with your thought of it being like an environmental modifier.
Ie negates all pre sets for surfaces and makes them all the same, as it’s seems all surfaces give the same or very similar grip levels with the friction assist on.

As for the AI, I simply don’t know, more testing would need to be done and may be harder to gauge. Different difficulty settings would factor. The only thing I can say is that when I ran the friction assist off, the AI weren’t faster than me and finished along way behind. But this could just be my skill level.

While its not a cheat its a bad addition plain and simple. Its similiar to the mod cards imo which i also think is detrimental to the game, nevermind giving people a false sense of accomplishment, many people never learn how to play properly without these assists. Theres going to be a bunch of people thinking they can drive full speed over grass and puddles. Then when they find out they cant anymore theyre going to resort to crashing and griefing the rest of the field to place 21st. It would have been better to just not add rain to beginner lobbies, at least they would learn how to race on the actual track first before they start dealing with less traction.

Mod card was a Forza 6 thing yeah? Please tell me it’s dead…

No, no its not.