My XBOX 360 controller doesn't work in game?

I have a wireless XBOX 360 controller connected to my laptop using the wireless adapter.
It works fine for any other games, but this game simply won’t recognize it, all the instructions are shown as the keyboard ones
Anyone have any idea what’s going on?

5 Likes

I have the same issue. I use Motionjoy for my PS3 pad. Works in control panel, shows up as a “Wireless Xbox controller” everything. Plays all other games no problem except this… Any other game I would be able to delete my settings etc and try and fix it myself but not with these stupid winodws “Apps” :confused:

Hey man! I figured how to do it with Motionjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqZVOfkOZb0

Same here. I have a genuine Microsoft Xbox 360 wireless controller. Except I’m connecting to my gaming desktop.
I can’t imagine why this is an issue. They say 360 controllers are supported, But mine doesn’t.

Same! Using the good old xbox 360 wireless controller… :c

Same here. My Microsoft xbox 360 controller WIRED doesn’t work

EDIT
i don’t know how, but now works perfectly

my wired xbox 360 controller works perfect.

Wireless Xbox 360 controller not working at all. This game is useless with a keyboard.

1 Like

My Xbox One wired controller (official MS USB wire) doesn’t get detected by the game.

My controller is working fine now, I don’t know why, I didn’t change anything.
If this happens to you, my advice is to just wait, and try again later…
This beta is riddled with bugs.

TURN 10 FIX YOUR GAME!

Are you for real??

Do you know what a BETA is? of course there are going to be bugs.

xbone wireless controller does not work with this game :wink:

works with every other game ever made tough

Got 360 wireless controller working. Just quit the current game session, then restart the game should sort this out.

My wired 360 controller works perfect. It seems as if the issue is only with wireless.

I use a xbox one controller wireless, and it also DOESNT WORK.
didnt tried wired yet.

Same here, I’ve tried restarting the game, reloading the drivers and restarting my computer… My wireless controller still won’t work…

Hey guys, give this a try, uninstall the xbox controller software if you have it in your programs and features, and go into device manager and uninstall the controller when its plugged in. after that, remove your controller, restart your pc, and attach your controller again.

let windows automatically install the controller, and open FM:Apex, see if that solves your problem.

As much as i’d like to try Jezzay’s solution, installing the “latest” xbox one controller drivers will break older ( dInput) games, due to the way the axis’ were “fixed”. I’ll try relaunching the game once more if i can stomach the “why do we race video” again :stuck_out_tongue:

Same here. Not even my Logitech.

I have found a workaround. Don’t use the drivers attached with the receiver, use the ones implemented in Windows 10.

Forgive me my English, it’s not my main language. I was translating the menu options, so they may sound differently on your PC.
To do so, plug in your receiver, go to your Windows Device Manager → Find Xbox 360 Peripherials → Right click on it → update device drivers → Browse my computer to find the driver → Let me choose from driver list → be sure to choose “wireless receiver for Microsoft Windows” instead of “xbox 360 wireless receiver version blah blah”. After a popup prompts you if you are sure press yes, then yes again if it asks you to reboot your PC. After rebooting everything worked flawlessly.

Hope it works for you too guys! :slight_smile:

5 Likes