My Custom Blueprint Mega Thread - My Tracks, Props, Tips, How To's, Bugs/Work Arounds, Q&A, AMA

Welcome to my mega thread, it will be mega because all I do is build tracks & share them. This thread is not only to promote my all of my tracks but to help others build theirs so ask me anything here any time & I’ll do my best to help. IMO the more builders the better, with all that said please don’t spam this thread with every single one of your tracks. Please create your own mega thread and I will happily support it and you. Here are my W’s

Who - I’m an old school gamer (38ish years playing), irl videographer/photographer/marketer. I love Forza Horizon 5 and creating custom tracks for myself & the community & then creating content to promote them. I consider myself at least a pro level FH5 Event Lab creator.
That certainly doesn’t mean I feel my tracks are better than others tracks, that you will like all my tracks and style or that they’re all perfect but the amount of hours I have into building and my knowledge of the editor system is very high level. I pretty much have experienced all of the bugs and have been able to find work arounds mostly by process of elimination.

What - What I am is a blueprint builder & Ken Block wannabe :slight_smile: What I primarily play FH5 and CyberPunk 2077, I tend to stick to what I enjoy for awhile before moving onto other things, I’m not a 5 game at a time kind of guy. What I like to create is (generally noob friendly but fast) many props, well lit, very well marked routes with near zero structural flaws & as few checkpoints as possible.

I also like adding custom blueprint rules like on screen notifications, drift rules & drift scoreboard, sounds etc.

I go through every single piece of wall/fence & do my best to make sure you will not be stopped in your tracks due to an annoying invisible edge in the route. I don’t want to be a sim style builder but similar to a real race track, I remove or block almost anything that will bring you to a dead stop (within reason).

I hate implementing rules or restrictions so almost all my tracks are (Anything Goes) but I like power so
most of my tracks are built for S1 Class or better. I pretty much recommend picking your biggest engine tunes for my tracks just to be safe but most can be completed with an A800 class.

Where - Blueprint locations - mostly off road mixed with some road for sliding preferably in locations people haven’t been and or doing things they haven’t done. I like to slide, the more sliding the better for me, I have near zero interest in creating road races or courses that I’ll be majorly penalized on lap time from breaking the tires loose. I’m not a hardcore gamer drifter anymore but I love to AWD drift. Ken Block inspires me so off road areas with AWD Gymkhana and rally/scramble/cross country style is primarily where I build. I also feel there is so much cool untouched or unused land in FH5 and my goal is to utilize it and bring myself and players to places they’ve never been.

Why - Blueprints keep the game fresh for me. I refuse to rely on DEV made DLC for my entertainment. I’ve been building tracks since Excite Bike on Nintendo. I build because I like to create things the community will enjoy as well as myself.

When - Most of my custom Forza Horizon tracks take me about 70-100 hours to finish due to size, testing, prop errors, trial & error, checkpoint placement & problems, sign additions, and general route creation so I release a new one about every 10 days more or less & then I take time to create content and share it in places like this. I generally try to be understanding of peoples time and attention span and try not to make my tracks too long but I’ve also made a couple Goliaths so far & do my best to warn players about length during the sharing process.

FH5 Goals - get one of my tracks added to the Event Lab and or be featured again from the Forza Horizon Social pages

Thanks for reading, I hope you can find something to enjoy within my builds or any information I pass on. Again, feel free to ask anything anytime and I’ll happily do my best to help out :slight_smile: More builders = more fun.

If you want to further follow me, here are all my links, I’m most active on reddit -
https://twitter.com/Rokketgaming

4 Likes

Custom Forza Horizon 5 Blueprint #1
JJoey Rocket - Mountain Mayhem Scramble- 856 905 944 Suggested vehicles - Medium suspension w/dirt tires. Use at least an 800 with good power for the big hill climb.

1 Like

Custom Forza Horizon 5 Blueprint #2
JJoey Rocket - Bridge Jump Stunt Scramble - 303 925 475 Suggested vehicles - fast 2 lap race Gymkhana/rally/scramble/CC style. I recommend at least a 900 class with good power to make the whole bridge jump. Dirt/rally or Toyo tires recommended.

1 Like

Custom Forza Horizon 5 Blueprint #3
JJoey Rocket - The Boardwalk Custom Track - 182 917 479 Night - 750 399 354 Day -
669 809 907 Anything Goes

Suggested vehicles if choosing Anything Goes - Med/High suspension w/dirt tires. There is a water section so if you pick a low car you may be slowed down bad in that area, doable but annoying for about 10 seconds. Brocky is my fav here.

This is also a cool place for the Photographers (example pics included), lots of neon and the massive boardwalk is very unique.

2 Likes

Custom Forza Horizon 5 Blueprint #4
JJoey Rocket - Snow Cap Ridge Racer Scramble - 248 217 603 Suggested vehicles - Med/High
suspension w/dirt/snow tires. Big air! Video is just a time lapse experimentation but enough to get the idea of the track along with the pics.

I love this track because there’s weather change and sunlight change. I added 1 more lap than I initially wanted so myself and the players can see the course from daylight with a ton of snow to night time with no snow, lots of lights, a dryer track and it’s on some unused land.

2 Likes

Custom Forza Horizon 5 Blueprint #5
JJoey Rocket - Gymkhana Stadium - Destroy Tires - 175 693 457 Suggested vehicles - fast AWD Hoonigan style. I replaced the whole floor of the stadium and turned it into one big Gymkhana playground. Warning - This track is not very friendly to RWD. Use your e-brake and life is good or just race it. The starting line is a bit tricky same as most of the custom blueprints for the stadium but well marked for route direction. There’s also a kind of hidden stunt park to mess around with and some easter eggs.

Custom Forza Horizon 5 Blueprint #6
JJoey Rocket - Clover Raceway = 7 blueprints

V1 Clover Raceway (3 lap race night) 545 815 841

V2 Clover Raceway Daylight (3 lap race day) 384 203 549

V3 Clover Raceway Stormy Night (3 lap race heavy rain, looks stunning, great for pics) 146 273 217

V4 Clover Raceway Open Freeroam 984 188 533 - Made this for version for explorers & people who want to see how it was designed, added ramps and easter eggs.

V5 Clover Raceway Open Drift & Jump (w/Chaos Box - Day) 691 538 591 - The Chaos Box is a massive tower that you can drive into and ride on the walls and mess around. Added jumps at end of each clover leaf as well as the far east end of the track (see pics & video) as well as took down fencing so people can roam. Lots of easter egg. Pay no mind to the weird drive line route, that was a work around I figured out so that way me and friends can go in and play around without a 30 second count down warning that was kicking us out the track

V6 Clover Raceway Clover Raceway Open Drifting (Night) 108 414 243

V6.1 Clover Raceway Drift Competition (w/drift scoreboard) 139 321 846 - Gymkhana style, not a real drift track. This version has custom blueprint drift rules which calculate and add your drift points to a scoreboard, 1st player to score 80,000 drift points wins.

I created Clover Raceway because this is one of my favorite locations in the game, I love to slide and this is a challenging area to practice & test out cars, especially with the oncoming traffic and slight elevation changes in freeroam. This was not intended to be a legit drift track, I’m not a real practicing drifter, more of a Ken Block wannabe so I create tracks that I can act out my wacky antics.

I’m very thankful in regard to this track due to all the work the Forza community put into it with me to complete the video project. It took plenty of hours filming and performing to gather all the clips and I’m happy how it turned out. Met a lot of cool people, great times!

Every version of this track has many spectator locations where a person could drive onto and record or snap pics of their friends. This is how I made these vids, I decided to leave most of them and cleaned them up to blend in.

Custom Forza Horizon 5 Blueprint #7
JJoey Rocket - No touching Hot Wheels tracks 163 543 182
A very basic 3 biome tour off road Hot Wheels park. Not designed to be a race, just to explore. Follow the balloons & drive line. Use at least a B class

Custom Forza Horizon 5 Blueprint #8
JJoey Rocket - Full Map Drag Hot Wheels Track - It’s not extremely thrilling since it’s just a straight line but since I got the tools (Hot Wheels tracks) I had to make this. It’s kind of cool to do at least once to test out a car or experience blasting across the whole map in such a short time. 596 611 883

Custom Forza Horizon 5 Blueprint #9
Drift Competition W/Scoreboard (Modified Hot Wheels route w/drifting rules & score system 143 671 902

:warning: Warning, go into you difficulty settings and turn off the Hot Wheels Stunt Assist or else you’ll be swaying all over the place

This is not intended to be a legit drift track, this is just for some high speed Hot Wheels expansion sliding fun. Play with friends and the first person to reach 100,000 drift points wins the match.

Custom Forza Horizon 5 Blueprint #10
Hot Wheel Mountain Orange Track (Mexico) Day 640 462 046 - Night 314 533 822

:warning: Warning, go into you difficulty settings and turn off the Hot Wheels Stunt Assist or else you’ll be swaying all over the place like I was in this video.
Suggested vehicles - S1 or better, rally tires or be extra careful when you hit the dirt.

This was my 1st serious attempt with a Hot Wheels related blueprint created in Mexico for all the players who hadn’t purchased the Hot Wheels expansion DLC yet. It a mixture between new Hot Wheels track and my previous track Snow Cap Ridge Racer combined.

Custom Forza Horizon 5 Blueprint #11
Hot Wheels Mexico Goliath low horse power High A800-S1 Class - 586 699 201
Hot Wheels Tracks Mexico Goliath (:warning:High S2-X Class Day) - 955 635 165
Hot Wheels Tracks Mexico Goliath (:warning:High S2-X-Class Night) - 652 866 602

If you insist on using lower horse powered cars, you may not be able to make the Volcano jump. I tested the (low HP version) with maxed out to A800 BMW i8 so you should be able to make it with many other 800 class but It’s a huge race and the volcano jump is towards the end so I just want to give fair warning to not skimp on hp even with the low hp version or you’ll find yourself in the dirt heading down the mountain to the next checkpoint at the baja ouitpost.
For the x-class versions, load up on top end power, pick your fastest cars, take the high line in the cork screws. I mostly used the Sesto, Bad to the Blade & Hoonicorn during X-Class testing.

:warning: Warning, go into your difficulty settings and turn off the Hot Wheels Stunt Assist or else you’ll be swaying all over the place. Enjoy!

Custom Forza Horizon 5 Blueprint #12

:eyes: For the best experience with this series please read this post in full :eyes:

Welcome to my Forza Horizon 5 Hot Wheels Off Road Goliath Series‼️ Version 1 starts in the Forest Biome, V2 is in the Ice Biome, V3 is in the Desert Biome & V4 is all biomes combined for 1 mega Off Road Goliath❗️
I’ve spent hundreds of hours designing this series so the tracks flow well but these are long off road challenge blueprints, you will need to rewind, you will crash into things. They’re not designed for you to be able to pin the throttle everywhere you go, almost all my other tracks are designed for that. I built these particularly for people who love hardcore off roading, like a challenge and like to explore.

:warning: Pick the wrong vehicle & you’ll hate this off road goliath series. Suggested vehicle list below. Use 4x4!:warning:
Hot Wheels Offroad Goliath V1 105 602 282
Hot Wheels Offroad Goliath V1.1 (Night) 213 434 505

I recommend playing versions 2-4 as well after you complete V1
Hot Wheels Offroad Goliath V2 (:snowflake:Ice Biome Day) 916 683 153
Hot Wheels Offroad Goliath V2.1 (:snowflake:Ice Biome Night) 980 758 425
Hot Wheels Offroad Goliath V3 (:cactus:Desert Biome Day) 576 210 558
Hot Wheels Offroad Goliath V3.1 (:cactus:Desert Biome Night) 493 536 025
Version 4 (all biomes combined) is in the works, it’s massive so I’m having problems with props loading but I’ll figure it out. Stay tuned!

:warning: IMPORTANT- Use off road tires, HIGH Power & a HUGE suspension. Zero checkpoints in all off road goliath versions.
:clock2: V1 ETA to Finish line = 20-30 Minutes if you use my suggestions, 30-60 minutes if you don’t. My Off Road Goliath Series Blueprints were mostly designed w/maxed out Canam & Brocky. :eyes: Look for alternate routes I created for less experienced drivers or underperforming vehicles (most marked with a PINK flag). One Yellow flag = :warning: caution & or slow down a bit, Double Yellow flags = SLOW down​:exclamation: V1 track = 0% progress-about 50% progress is very narrow slower terrain, the rest is much faster but with some technical sections.

:blue_car: As far as vehicles go, the best performing cars for the whole series for me are the Canam and Brocky, Brocky is a bit overpowered but still great.
:x: Most extra heavy, long wheel base, low suspension, low powered vehicles performed the worst & will add a lot extra time to get you to the finish line.

:warning::blue_car: Here are some of the vehicles I tested with positive outcomes w/tunes. Best towards the top.
All tunes named HW OffRd Goliath
Can-am Maverick - 696 146 855, Polaris RZR - 654 271 971,
Ford Brocky - 140 342 602, Derbeti Wrangler Unlimited - 167 279 582, Jeep Trailcat - 124 969 049, Penhall Cholla - 757 344 403, X-Raid John Cooper Works 2018 - 124 850 409, Baja Bone Shaker - 226 018 129, Local Motors Rally Fighter - 117 067 137, Class 5 Baja Bug Volkswagon - 116 513 659, 97 Land Rover Defender - 104 244 346, Porshe Macan KPR Rally Raid - 115 341 784

:moneybag: For the explorers & treasure hunters, I added many easter eggs & ramps that will allow you to get to unique places off route. The 1.1 night version is crazy pretty and is live now.

Custom Forza Horizon 5 Blueprint #13
:warning: If you pick the wrong vehicle you will hate this off road goliath series. Suggested vehicle list below. Use 4x4! :warning:

:warning: IMPORTANT- Use off road tires, HIGH Power & a HUGE suspension . Zero checkpoints in all off road goliath versions. V3 ETA to Finish line = 12-20 Minutes if you use my suggestions, 20-40 minutes if you don’t. My Off Road Goliath Series Blueprints were mostly designed w/maxed out Canam & Brocky.

Pink flag = alternate route for less experienced drivers or underperforming vehicles. Yellow flag = caution & or slow down.

If you haven’t played version (V1 Forest Biome) & (V3 Desert Biome) then I recommend checking those as well -
Hot Wheels Offroad Goliath V1 (:evergreen_tree:Forest Biome Day) 105 602 282
Hot Wheels Offroad Goliath V1.1 (:evergreen_tree:Forest Biome Night) 213 434 505

As far as vehicles go, here are some of the vehicles I tested with positive outcomes w/tunes.
All tunes named HW OffRd Goliath

Brocky - 140 342 602, Derbeti Wrangler Unlimited - 167 279 582, Jeep Trailcat - 124 969 049, Penhall Cholla - 757 344 403, Baja Bone Shaker - 226 018 129, X-Raid John Cooper Works 2018 - 124 850 409, Can-am Maverick - 696 146 855, Class 5 Baja Bug Volkswagon - 116 513 659, 97 Land Rover Defender - 104 244 346, Porshe Macan KPR Rally Raid - 115 341 784, Local Motors Rally Fighter - 117 067 137, Polaris RZR - 654 271 971

For the explorers & treasure hunters, I added many easter eggs & extra ramps that will allow you to get to unique places off route.

1 Like

My Forza Horizon 5 event lab custom blueprint track building guide

Start small, some of my favorite tracks started out as me just wanting to jump over something and making a simple ramp and then evolved as I found time to keep working on them and adding to the route.

Decide location and whether you want a circuit blueprint (laps) or a sprint ( from a-b), select (create a route) or create a rough draft blueprint without any details such as title/description/weather/drift rules etc. :warning: I avoid saving/editing any blueprints till I’m close to finishing the route because things change, I only save the route with props.
Start scouting the route with blueprint editor drone

:warning: If creating a circuit, do not return back to the starting line until you have all desired props placed or else the system will think you’re done editing the route and exit you to an options window. Only return to start line if you’re ready for a save or you’re ready to finish the driving line. Until then I generally just select (place finish line) where ever I am so I can do a save.
If creating a sprint, just go to start menu and select place the finish line when you’re ready

Start driving route maybe leaving some temporary route markers like a trailblazer flag or if it’s huge map I’ll use (easy to find) big hot air balloons at major junctions.

Once I know the route, then I start placing the primary props while simultaneously removing the temporary route markers.
Rough prop order -
1st - anything the tires will touch like jumps, ramps, functional structures etc.
2nd - walls/fencing/guards. Place walls/barriers in front of most track fixtures close to the route. Example - steps in front of buildings in Guanajuato
3rd - decorations like spectator seating, non functional structures, smashables.
4th - directional signage, lots of signs so people always know where to go.
5th - lighting because most tracks I create have a night version.

Snap some (sneak peek) pics and clips and promote on socials.

Once I feel all props are placed, I start the track testing process at full speed several times with different cars and make any prop/route changes that need to be made. :warning: Remove/reorder anything on track or walls that can bring a driver to a dead stop like invisible edges on poorly placed walls/fencing.

When I feel fairly content with everything I fly the route with drone to make sure there are no prop scraps or route errors I can spot as well as look for spots that could use more props/signs/lighting.

Once I’m fully sure all props are set where I want them I then slowly (accept big jumps) & carefully do a very clean drive line with no weird lines and add my checkpoints then test drive & then I create an actual blueprint with all details like title/description/weather/drift rules, ai etc. Then I publish the blueprint and don’t promote it (as finished) until I run the track several times to make sure I’m fully happy with it and there are no problems. If possible, I run it with a friend and make sure they can see the props loaded I’ve used, if they see zero props, I’ll wait a few hours or a day then try again until 100% sure all is good. Then I promote it by recording clips and pics & sharing on socials.

:warning: Warnings - I believe adding props while you’re drawing your drive line equals issues, especially if you’re editing props in sections which you’ve already drawn the drive line.

Save your files often by adding (place finish line anywhere) or else risk losing hours of work. I do not recommend overwriting the saved files too much incase the file gets corrupted somehow (rare) but possible, especially if there are many hours invested. Create a new save file often.

Preventative measures - I don’t suggest using the (create new route from here) option. I always draw a brand new route from the very beginning when I’m ready to publish. :warning: Sometimes the car will be facing in a weird direction after selecting redraw route so I will select (create new route) and make 100% sure my car is perfectly straight at the start line. I believe that mentioned issue creates a missed checkpoint error when completing a lap in a circuit blueprint.

I do not recommend adding unnecessary checkpoints, more check points = more problems. There are other ways to guide players vs adding a checkpoint at every turn. If your route ever crosses itself, be very careful of creating checkpoint errors in those areas, never publish a blueprint with a checkpoint error. Delete the problem like it’s a virus and replace it with some walls/fencing and or a lot of signs if possible.

Troubleshooting -
Corrupt file not loading - reboot everything, create a new blueprint and select corrupt file to edit that saved route.
If in Hot Wheels, go to a different build stub and create a new blueprint and select corrupt file to edit that saved route.
Props not loading for other players - Give it time, hrs/day & try again with a friend.
100% props threshold - Avoid using tons of different props, choose props that you can reuse in many places and you will be able to use way more props without hitting 100% get your route in order 1st before adding too many decorations. I don’t recommend getting too close to 100%, the more props you have the more risk you run of the track not loading for people on older systems and the more loading time it takes to start the track.
Props won’t delete - This has happened to me a couple times and after a few exits/saves relaunches, I find it gone.
Blueprint convoy countdown issue - I’ve come across a 30 second countdown timer that kicks all players in convoy out the blueprint when trying to do a freeroam style or car meet type of blueprint, you may run into issues where the system treats your convoy as inactive or like someone crossed the finish line and then you’ll all get a countdown and get booted out. The work around I found for this was to draw the drive line with several laps around the perimeter of the track without crossing paths which I seems to trick the system somehow into not giving the countdown to the convoy. See V5 Clover Raceway Open Drift & Jump (w/Chaos Box - Day) 691 538 591 to better understand what I mean.

Opinions - All blueprint car restrictions suck so I try my hardest to make all my blueprints (Anything Goes) & when I promote my blueprints I suggest vehicles and engine sizes at that time as well as in the track description. If you make a nice track, people will be willing to jump out and select the a better car for the track if they picked the wrong one but if you force them to use what you think they should use it could be a big turn off.

Remember the average Forza Horizon players are not pros so making a route overly hard to stay on may limit your plays & create an annoying player experience so try to be a bit noob friendly on some of the tracks you create by loosening up your checkpoints a bit where possible or consider adding barriers where a newer player might fall off a cliff. Directional signs are important as well. people don’t like looking at the tiny minimap in the corner so help them out by adding easy to see warning signs of big corners or route direction changes.

Options are good, people like options so creating different versions of your blueprint is a good idea. Examples - V2 night race, V3 Snow, V4 drift rules & scoreboard.

Promotion is important, simply relying on people to stumble upon your custom blueprint is not good enough imo. Take the time to create some nice pics and clips and share them with share codes and track info often. When someone shares a few words about their new custom blueprint with zero pics or info about the track I immediately imagine a very random route through a forest with no props or signs to direct me so I rarely ever go explore those. Paint a picture for potential players with some nice info and pics

Ask anything anytime, I’m happy to help. More creators = more fun!

1 Like

Holy smoke Batman, I’ll be checking these out.

Fantastic work :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

Thanks so much :slight_smile: Hope you enjoy!

I probably have around 300 hours into my Hot Wheels off road goliath series between creation, testing diff vehicles etc. It’s a highly detailed 4 part series with each biome as a blueprint and then version 4 combines all biomes into an hour+ long track.

I was able to publish and verify version 1-2 but 3-4 are published but not verified for play, props aren’t loading and during the route drive line drawing process my frames dropped to about half on V3-4, I was drawing in slow motion basically.

90ish% on props. Xbox Series S
I did a massive cleaning of my unused routes just incase and now I’m just waiting to see if props will load. I’ve never seen the frame rate drop bug and haven’t had a prop load issue in many many months. :fingers_crossed_tone2:

Custom Forza Horizon 5 Blueprint #14
:warning: If you pick the wrong vehicle you will hate this off road goliath series. Suggested vehicle list below. Use 4x4! :warning:

Version 3 of my 4 part Hot Wheels Off Road Goliath Series

:warning: IMPORTANT- Use off road tires, HIGH Power & a HUGE suspension . Zero checkpoints in all off road goliath versions. V3 ETA to Finish line = 15-30 Minutes if you use my suggestions, 30-60 minutes if you don’t. My Off Road Goliath Series Blueprints were mostly designed w/maxed out Canam & Brocky. Pink flag = alternate route for less experienced drivers or underperforming vehicles. Yellow flag = caution & or slow down.

Be ready to be tested!

I recommend playing versions 1-2 first if you haven’t yet
Hot Wheels Offroad Goliath V1 (:evergreen_tree:Forest Biome Day) 105 602 282
Hot Wheels Offroad Goliath V1.1 (:evergreen_tree:Forest Biome Night) 213 434 505

:warning: Here are some of the vehicles I tested with positive outcomes w/tunes.
Best performing towards the top. All tunes named HW OffRd Goliath
Brocky - 140 342 602, Can-am Maverick - 696 146 855, Local Motors Rally Fighter - 117 067 137, Penhall Cholla - 757 344 403, Derbeti Wrangler Unlimited - 167 279 582, Jeep Trailcat - 124 969 049, Baja Bone Shaker - 226 018 129, X-Raid John Cooper Works 2018 - 124 850 409, Toyota Land Cruiser Arctic At37 - 865 849 707, Toyota Hilux Artctic AT38 - 166 890 052, Class 5 Baja Bug Volkswagon - 116 513 659, Polaris RZR - 654 271 971, Porshe Macan KPR Rally Raid - 115 341 784

To play or view my custom track creations go to the free roam start menu/Event Lab/Event Blueprints/search JJoey Rocket or you can enter the codes

Forza Horizon 5 Event Lab Prop loading issue - I was able to finally finish my hot wheels off road goliath series. I had to delete props down to 66% to finally get the route to load props so I guess I can simply chalk it up to a bugged prop % calculator. I’ve seen and heard it be off a bit but wow never heard of it being off calculation by 34%

I Tried to publish at 78% and no props, deleted down to 67% and no props, deleted down to 66% and problem solved. Now I can move on but not excited to start another blueprint knowing my counter could be off by 34% So much wasted time. Hoping they come up with some serious blueprint improvements soon. Will post track info soon